Which 75 Job Are You Reluctant To Level To 99?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Which 75 job are you reluctant to level to 99?
Which 75 job are you reluctant to level to 99?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Tristean 2010-05-05 21:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

DNC to 99... I just like the idea that hardly anyone will take that to 99

I dread with alll the passion in the world taking THF to 99... oh god...........
 Bahamut.Foxxy
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Foxxy
By Bahamut.Foxxy 2010-05-05 21:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

My first will be blm or whm, i love blm so much but i really dread soloing to 99 x.x
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-05-05 21:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu is going to 99 first, then rdm, then my blm that's been at 61 for about 6 months, and never brd.
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-05-05 21:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shayka said:
WHM isn't going any higher than 75, I'll DELVL it before I ever think about lvling it higher.
Well, at level 80 and beyond, it's very likely we'd have Hastega from Haste + Ascension, which would greatly unload our burden. Unless of course they either forbid Haste Ascension, or allow it but give us a JA haste/attk/acc that cannot be ascended and we're back at square 1.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2010-05-05 21:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu said:
I think it all depends on how many and what type of xp pt areas are avaiable but my biggest dread.. THF. it was a *** to get to 75. i want xp/merit camps that are not owned by Polearm SAM onry...
Unless there's another TH job trait, you're fine being naked @ 75 w/ thief's knife and assassin's armlets.

lol i would hope there is going to be a new weapon for TH.. dont want to be walking around with Thf Knife at 99 >.>;
If there was another TH weapon, you'd be DW'ing it and thief knife. You won't get rid of thf knife!

maybe th6 will be new cap!!.. +2 on new weapon +1 hands +2 trait and +1 on AF3 OMG!!1 lol

DRG i want to take up but depends on the gear options... dont really want to struggle to repimp it
 Asura.Shayka
Server: Asura
user: Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2010-05-05 21:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
Asura.Shayka said:
WHM isn't going any higher than 75, I'll DELVL it before I ever think about lvling it higher.
Well, at level 80 and beyond, it's very likely we'd have Hastega from Haste Ascension, which would greatly unload our burden. Unless of course they either forbid Haste Ascension, or allow it but give us a JA haste/attk/acc that cannot be ascended and we're back at square 1.
They can do anything they want involving that job, I hate it lol, I've actually been contemplating delvling it for weeks now just because I hate it so much, but hope they do something worthwhile for all the WHM's that do like their job.
By Gaard 2010-05-05 21:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

"Reluctant" isn't even adequate to describe anticipating leveling BEASTMASTER past 75... Ugh.
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-05-05 21:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If they ever raise NPC's cap, no way I'd level it.
 Caitsith.Silvaria
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-05-05 22:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm...WHM was my first 75, but honestly, I have more interest in getting COR up to 99 first. In fact, I rather retired COR after I hit 75, so I'm rather looking forward to dusting it off and start being a hot Elvaan pirate again! >8)
 Fairy.Specopsz
Server: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2010-05-05 22:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to Bring Dragoon to the 99 mark.
Or DRK.
Most people I've asked already said for their DD it'd be lolsam.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-05-05 22:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to take blm and brd to 99 >_> blm will just take forever and a day, and I can't stand doing xp on brd..events only ><
 Sylph.Skinner
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Skinner 2010-05-05 22:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

BARD
[+]
 Sylph.Priy
user: jarredpoe
By Sylph.Priy 2010-05-05 22:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

PUP and RNG will be my 99s. PLD can bite me, I love tanking events or NMs for when needed but noway in hell will I grind lvls again in pts with it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2010-05-05 22:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaard said:
"Reluctant" isn't even adequate to describe anticipating leveling BEASTMASTER past 75... Ugh.

im not sure i love BST enough anymore to bother >.>;

Phoenix.Tealsic
Server: Phoenix
user: Tealsic
By Phoenix.Tealsic 2010-05-05 22:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

leveling bst first im awsome at soloing(all i ever rly do) and i can take it at my own pace praying to god they do as they said and make certain mobs charmable that werent (wivre, Marids, hippogryphs, and buffalo. the list could go on for ab it lol)
[+]
 Leviathan.Cumincustard
By Leviathan.Cumincustard 2010-05-05 22:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Blm never gonna get stuck forever as that again...
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-05-05 22:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

BST probably won't make it unless they make some more radical changes (like better pot pets...).
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-05-05 22:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not really reluctant as I am dreading....smn to 99 is going to take forever...I am considering AF burning it. I solo'd the thing to 75 and it took 2 years, what more can people possibly want?

rdm and whm wont be too hard except on my sanity. I have nightmares sometimes about being unable to stop refreshing or hasting people.

Also, just the level countdown til 75 was enough to send me crazy when thinking of lvling a new job, but now you gotta go higher to 99. Im gonna hit 75 on something and gonna be like "If this were a year ago this is where I could stop T_T"
 Cerberus.Eburo
Server: Cerberus
user: Stephano
By Cerberus.Eburo 2010-05-05 22:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Paladin, probably >.>
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-05 22:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok read the title wrong, In order of what I'm levelling to 99 first:

BRD first because of its use

MNK second because it's my favourite job

WHM third because I love WHM.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-05-05 22:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Blm is my favorite job, so it'll probably be my 1st to 99. I love and adore blowing things up! Thief will maybe be 2nd, since I'm hearing fuzzy rumors about increased lolth which could come in handy for my ls's. War will probably get taken to 99 too, because a DD job will be nice.

That only leaves rng to leave at 75. I've had rng in a half-retired state for a while now anyways, probably because it's ALL I did for a very long time and I got sick of it. The ammo doesn't help, it's too expensive to buy so I leveled crafts to make it, but it takes ages and is extremely boring to make. So for me, I associate rng with sitting in whatever town has 1st place in conquest, mindlessly synthing hundreds of arrows. BOOORRRIINNG to the utmost degree! But when I considered retiring it completely and selling my rng gear, I just couldn't. So maybe I will love it again if/when I take it to 99, or maybe I will leave it as purely sentimental value at 75.

One thing someone mentioned to me is, we might not have a choice what goes to 99. When SE increased the level cap last time from 50 to 75, didn't they adjust the xp needed to level and therefore people who were 50 the day before the update logged after the update with their job levels increased? So you never know, we might all log in at this next update with all our 75 jobs already at 80 or something. Now mind you, I wasn't around back when they increased the level cap last time, so I don't know exactly what they did. That's just something an older player told me, he might have been pulling my leg. And even if they did adjust xp last time, that's no guarantee that they'll do it again this time. It's just a theory.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-05 22:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

All of them.
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-05-05 22:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

My bard was 75 before ToAU and I never pulled getting to 75. Not that bard didn't pull before that- I don't really know if they did or not, I just just never had. I like playing bard for dynamis/sky/salvage/etc but I really do not enjoy pulling so idk what I'm going to do to :(
[+]
 Asura.Avaricious
By Asura.Avaricious 2010-05-05 22:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaard said:

I absolutely have to agree with this, although for me its more of a, "Crap, I have to do it." I love BST so much... but man, is it going to suck.
[+]
 Asura.Israfel
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-05-05 22:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think for me it'll be SMN, I danced to much when it hit 75, and it took a long time to get it there.

I don't like to SMN burn, so I forsee a loooot of soloing, or duoing with a BLM friend lol ><

I think another one for me would be RDM. Granted I could get in a few TP burns and make short work of it (RDM/SCH is gonna be pretty impressive if we get access to accession), but for me, it'll be like chewing glass getting it to that point lol.
 Leviathan.Iphigenia
By Leviathan.Iphigenia 2010-05-05 22:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaard said:

If anything requires a "You're doing it wrong!" then this is it.
 Phoenix.Raigne
Server: Phoenix
user: Raigne
By Phoenix.Raigne 2010-05-05 23:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Reluctant: BLM

Positively dreading: SCH

Never gonna *** happen: RDM

Everything else I have 70+ atm is golden. DRG, SAM, COR all are relatively fast levelers and I enjoy them. Who knows, I may enjoy BLM and SCH post-75, but unless RDM stops being Cure, Haste, Refresh, Dia *** in parties... not happening.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-05-05 23:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Raigne said:
Reluctant: BLM

Positively dreading: SCH

Never gonna *** happen: RDM

Everything else I have 70 atm is golden. DRG, SAM, COR all are relatively fast levelers and I enjoy them. Who knows, I may enjoy BLM and SCH post-75, but unless RDM stops being Cure, Haste, Refresh, Dia *** in parties... not happening.

Well WTF do you want from RDM in parties? Melee? Although I absolutely detest the thought of main healing on RDM (and often listed that I WOULD NOT main heal on RDM in parties, unless I was just in a certain mood) The rest I pretty much look at, as a DRG or SAM looks at doing DD.. It's my job, that's what I'm there for.
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2010-05-05 23:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll prolly take DNC and WHM up to 99 first, but if I can lvl all my 75's steadily as the lvl cap increases and get them all to the cap before the next increase I might just take all 5...lol