users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Fait Lux: Windy Bastok Sandoria
Fait Lux: Windy Bastok Sandoria
 Bahamut.Sqwishypunter
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Sqwishypunter 2010-05-05 08:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

currently pondering about this fight and it's come to my attention, whats the best setup for this fight, I have a thought that maybe BLM RDM WHM NIN or PLD and DDx2 would be great but i'm kinda doubting myself a lil if you can post some insight on your ideas of how this can be won with some easy it would be greatly appreciated ty^^
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-05-05 08:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Nevermind. It's Fiat Lux.
 Fenrir.Dannie
Server: Fenrir
user: Dannie
By Fenrir.Dannie 2010-05-05 08:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

donno but i want that gear
 Bahamut.Sqwishypunter
By Bahamut.Sqwishypunter 2010-05-05 09:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

lol just noticed the spelling ; ; 7am and eyes are failing
-.-
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-05-05 09:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Sqwishypunter said:
currently pondering about this fight and it's come to my attention, whats the best setup for this fight, I have a thought that maybe BLM RDM WHM NIN or PLD and DDx2 would be great but i'm kinda doubting myself a lil if you can post some insight on your ideas of how this can be won with some easy it would be greatly appreciated ty^^
From what I've read, your setup could work. I'd go with a NIN instead of PLD for tanking. Make sure your BLM knows which moves to try to stun. Don't forget the holy waters.
Bahamut.Sqwishypunter said:
lol just noticed the spelling ; ; 7am and eyes are failing
-.-
I wasn't trying to be a *** about it. I just couldn't find it on wiki to read up on it.
 Bahamut.Sqwishypunter
By Bahamut.Sqwishypunter 2010-05-05 09:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i'm usually good about my spelling just tired is all :)
 Sylph.Royalblood
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Royalblood 2010-05-05 09:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i plan on doing the fight with 2mnk/nin 2sam/nin brd whm or rdm
alot of holy water burn him down although the sams would have to break off of him to kill clones each time they spawn and wonding if he can be stuns with headbutt if so i would come blu instead of sam but at start mnk open with ws to gain hate so we can keep off whm brd slows him to help i mean this is only thought and will be tested im sure there are other ways to do it and there is alway more than one way to do something
 Kujata.Erocent
Server: Kujata
user: Erocent
By Kujata.Erocent 2010-05-05 10:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

This fight is cake 2 warriors 1 sam,rdm,brd and whm.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-05-09 22:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

needmoar strategies :3
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-09 22:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't Summon SHadow be stunned?
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-05-09 22:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

this is on the wiki;

Spawn Shadows is highly stunnable

most of it's rambling on within each other now though, hard to think of a serious strat with all that jibberish posted now. Needs hella cleaned up.

Best I can tell sam samorwar war rdm/drk brd whm is best setup. rdm trying to stun shadow spawn move, diagaing them if they spawn while melee give 'er hell unless they see that orb move and keeping their shadows on whole time.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-05-09 22:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive done this fight like 20 times and i have the sword. The best setup is 3 BIG DD(WAR SAM DRK) with at least 1 drk, RDM BRD WHM. 1 war helps for voke, but isnt required. A pld is a bad idea because its no DMG added, and hate resets every time he switches forms. Have the drk start stun at 60-70%, all of his moves are almost instant so the drk will have to stun everything. Just widdle his HP away and stay alive. Utsu is more important than anything. If he does spawn shadows, brd has to sac them fast. I was the drk, and at ~10% i zerged and it went beautifully.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-05-09 23:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

My setup is War/Nin, War/Nin, Cor/Nin, Brd/Whm, Rdm/Nin, Whm/Sch.

Rdm is responsible for Slow II and sacing clones.

Double March from the Brd and Elegy.

Mnk Roll really is the ***on him. Chaos is nice too to break that def.

Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-05-10 00:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I only did the fight once, but we won. Our setup was SAM/NIN, SAM/NIN, DRK/NIN, RDM, SCH/RDM, BRD/WHM. I dunno what the RDM was NIN, as he was /anon and I wasn't paying much attention to him. BRD gave us double march, and we told him to use Elegy and the RDM to use Slow but I didn't pay attention to whether they landed or not. SCH was giving AoE Stoneskin whenever he could, and keeping us alive. BRD was also throwing out some Curaga IIs when things got a bit hectic. I'm sure the RDM also threw in some cures at some point, but he was sac pulling the shadows too. The melees all used our 2hrs at different points. Everyone had at least 1 stack of Holy Water; we used it both for Curse and Doom. Even being cursed and doomed several times, I only ended up using 11 Holy Waters (and 1 or 2 of those were wasted due to me spamming them when doomed), though I may have been lucky.