Forum » FFXI » General » Seeking a Party
Seeking a Party
 Ifrit.Jurai
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-05-05 01:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I'm seeking as COR/SAM after Nyzul cause I didn't feel like changing just to seek.. my comment being:

<Level Sync> <No thanks.>
75: WHM BRD COR THF DRG

I figured that one of those jobs would be needed right? But I guess not. I'm not getting an invite and it's been a good while. So, I change to BRD/WHM and leave my comment the same.. I get two invites within 10 mins.

Now what is wrong with that?.. I had that I'd be BRD in my comment all along. People just /sea all inv 75 and type to the person I guess and don't bother clicking and seeing comments?
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-05-05 01:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

think its people mostly looking for specific jobs. when im looking for a bard, i dont /sea all, i /sea lv-lv brd.
 Cerberus.Ferth
Server: Cerberus
user: Ferth
By Cerberus.Ferth 2010-05-05 01:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I was pretty shocked to discover about a year ago that a friend who I played with for years and who has built alot of parties in that time never looks at seacoms. He just checks the level range to see who is actively seeking.

I used to almost never actually put my /inv flag up.

Instead I'd make clear, informative seacoms and then go do something else 'til I'd get an invite...

Maybe that explains why I hardly ever get invites now though...
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Server: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-05 01:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
think its people mostly looking for specific jobs. when im looking for a bard, i dont /sea all, i /sea lv-lv brd.
This. When I'm looking for a BRD, I /sea BRD 75 and don't see you at all if you're on COR.
 Ifrit.Jurai
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-05-05 01:49:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Caitsith.Blurr said:
This. When I'm looking for a BRD, I /sea BRD 75 and don't see you at all if you're on COR.

Yea obviously ya don't see me for BRD right away- but atm there is no BRD seeking.. yet if they just click my seacom- there is!
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-05-06 07:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

/sea all can get truncated, and gives all results so you end up digging through a list of people lfp at qufim party levels and such. It's easier to just /sea lv.-lv. job and pick from that. Although I don't see why cor wouldn't eventually get searched out if there isn't a brd seeking.
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-05-06 07:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I don't read sea coms to see if you want a party. That's what the seeking function is for. But when I am going to invite you I'll look at it to see if there's anything pertinent.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Knightofdragon 2010-05-06 07:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry to let you know but the age where seacoms gave out useful information about the person is now gonne!
there was time where almost everyone had a seacom and it told u there jobs/gear/merits (@75), or lower levels where they told u where u could go etc,

but now this time is gonne and all seacoms let u know is that XXX person <3s XXX person, or XXX persons likes to leason to XXX song! and also Level Sync No thanks,
And as many people say if your looking for a RDM i aint going to go threw every DDs Seacom 2 see if one of them wants to pt as RDM, or if i'm looking for a BRD etc

Also i bet if u was /whm or /nin u mighta got a pt invite on ur cor!
 Caitsith.Unafae
Server: Caitsith
user: Unafae
By Caitsith.Unafae 2010-05-06 08:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:

Same Blurr buddy ol pal, its the /sea brd or /sea rdm etc for most people I know when u want just specific jobs for the pt, don't think I use the /sea all xx-xx unless Im looking for a dd and don't care what one it is lol
 Ifrit.Itazura
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-05-06 10:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

When I build merit parties, I do:

/sea all 75 inv

Then, the list is narrowed to people with search comments via "more options", and narrowed again to people with exp related comments (i.e. "green dot").

Then, I start reading the comments and sending out invites. ("Haste 25%" and "へ25%" people get a /tell with a smilie. lol.) People without /seacom only get /tell from me when I'm desperate.

But, I don't build parties very often, so oh well.
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-05-06 10:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Jurai said:
Now what is wrong with that?..
Ifrit.Jurai said:
So, I'm seeking as COR/SAM after Nyzul

Think that was the problem...
In all my career as COR... why /SAM???

(And don't say for the meditate using staves... that much I can grasp. but is there a different, out there reason I'm overlooking...)
 Asura.Shambo
Server: Asura
user: Shambo
By Asura.Shambo 2010-05-06 10:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-05-06 10:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

you're overthinking the situation Kuz
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-05-06 10:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
you're overthinking the situation Kuz

Perhaps. but as I said... just curious as to why COR/SAM...
to be honest..it may turn people off.

I've looked for people seeking before and went "UGH why sub that..."
Yes, I'm guilty of that.
So why couldn't someone else be?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Vazerus
Server: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2010-05-06 15:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Mabrook said:
Title: Seeking a Party

Answer: Don't... build your own party! It really isn't that hard.
It is when no BRD or COR is seeking. When I can't find either of those, I usually say fk it and don't bother because 9/10 people are BRD/COR only. Then I just hop on drg/mage or blu/nin and solo >.>
By Elperron 2010-05-06 15:25:23
Link | Quote | Reply

To OP possibly the parties might have been looking for a puller. A meripo is only as good as its puller is.