How Much Does It Cost You To Merit?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » How much does it cost you to merit?
How much does it cost you to merit?
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-05-07 00:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Despain said:
She's done with CoP. There's no excuse for someone who's @ Sacrarium/past Sacrarium to NOT have a Swift Belt period. Not trying to add fuel to the fire, just saying. Today's standards are so bleh that its kinda frustrating. If she/he weren't past Sacrarium, then yes, it'd be a 100% douchebag statement.

This part, most likely. Read my first reply and Satana's, too.
[+]
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-05-07 00:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

She's done with CoP. There's no excuse for someone who's @ Sacrarium/past Sacrarium to NOT have a Swift Belt period. Not trying to add fuel to the fire, just saying. Today's standards are so bleh that its kinda frustrating. If she/he weren't past Sacrarium, then yes, it'd be a 100% douchebag statement.

It's a complete douchebag statement regardless. Unreasonably high expectations are unreasonably high there. The person who's gear got blasted said they're not equipping swift belt because they're already 0/something on swift belt and just haven't been lucky yet. And, for someone who's having to settle for a substitute to swift, their gear isn't that bad. It's not for lack of trying.

IMHO it's something that shouldn't have even been brought up. Whole point of the thread is in how much it costs people personally to merit, not in how much of a gear perfectionist we should all be from the get-go.

Edit; ugh, not sure why it's not letting me quote tonight. :x
[+]
 Asura.Despayn
Server: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-05-07 09:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't even me who brought it up. Also, the person who didn't have the swift belt didn't mention before that they were 0/something on swift before I made the post.

If I would have known that, I would have agreed that the previous comment made by someone else was indeed a douchebag comment.
 Sylph.Spency
Server: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2010-05-07 09:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Everything here turns into a gear debate! :o

Person A: "My opinion is that..."

Person B: "I disagree, but I can't come up with a valid reply/counter-argument so I'm going to call out your gear."

I should make one of those charts for this :/
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-07 09:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Despayn said:
It wasn't even me who brought it up. Also, the person who didn't have the swift belt didn't mention before that they were 0/something on swift before I made the post.

If I would have known that, I would have agreed that the previous comment made by someone else was indeed a douchebag comment.

It was a douchebag comment and you were fueling the douchebag comment by assuming that the person that doesn't have swift is because of standards and lack of trying.

Try to think before you start pointing fingers at people.
[+]