Players Who Are So Cool They Have To Steal Nm From Bsts

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » players who are so cool they have to steal nm from bsts
players who are so cool they have to steal nm from bsts
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Jacktripper
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Jacktripper 2010-04-27 00:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

So i was fighting LoO today when two morons(dauntless and darkdiamone) decide to steal it form me at around 25%. To make things worse i was killing ph for 4 hours then they show after it pops watch me take it down for over 10 minutes then steal.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-27 01:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember their names, because I guarentee at some point they will be asking you for help..

That's one of the main reasons I don't *** people over or do dickish things.
[+]
 Fenrir.Arsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Arsi
By Fenrir.Arsi 2010-04-27 01:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

what i do when ppl steal my stuff when i solo on bst..

i pull another NM ,get it near them and then zone.. and i will be like "yo dawg i heard u like NM so i pull an NM next to your NM.."
and they will be sorry
usually works for noob and rmt =D
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-04-27 01:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to mpk rmt 6 years ago... god I miss it.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-04-27 02:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Remember their names, because I guarentee at some point they will be asking you for help..

That's one of the main reasons I don't *** people over or do dickish things.

qft. If a person chooses to act like that they'll have to deal with the fact that people tend to remember things that really make an impact on them whether good or bad. People wanna act like ***, they run the risk of being denied any kind of help they need in the future because they had to go around trying to look like some impressive elitist by being a royal asshat in a lvl 20 qufim party or some other such nonsense. It happens, I've seen it happen before. There's people out there that I won't help. On the other hand, there's players out there who deserve any help I can give for being completely selfless and going out of their way to help me or one of my friends. People remember those names too at times. :3
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-27 02:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I am a firm believer in karma. I give tellies for free, raises also. I have given a ton of gil to new players to. usually 10k a pop. And at LVL1 that some gil. All because of this really nice BST I met the 1st day I played. I had no clue what to do. I was running around Basty asking for directions. No one would even look at me. Then I met her. She laughed, looked at my gear and told me to wait by Conrad. She came back a few minutes later with full sets of gear to LVL20 and gave me 140K. I had to run to my mog house twice because I could not carry it all!! I have not seen her since sadly. Hope she is somewhere still playing.
 Fenrir.Fdeath
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 02:52:24
Link | Quote | Reply

That make me remember Bren on Fenrir... Was manaburning to pop despot, and that guy start attack all mob slept @ ~5%.

The first time he did that he got the claim, the second night he didnt get the claim, but he kill all the blm by waking up all doll...

The next night he was trying to block my way on kiting Despot.
Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
I am a firm believer in karma.

That what i believe the most too.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-27 02:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Does not sound like a very friendly person for sure.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-27 02:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Arsi said:

i pull another NM ,get it near them and then zone.. and i will be like "yo dawg i heard u like NM so i pull an NM next to your NM.."
and they will be sorry

That's actually a pretty damn funny idea, unfortunately, it would be pretty hard to set that up.. I wouldn't do it for one reason.. Chances are they're not going to be fighting the NM right at the zone and more then likely the NM I dragged to the zone would end up taking someone else instead of the intended target =/.

Although, if that ever happens to me, and things are just right, I just might remember that.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2010-04-27 03:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No doubt it's very dickish, but really you should expect this when you let NMs go unclaimed.
[+]
 Fenrir.Fdeath
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Fdeath 2010-04-27 03:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Stubbs said:
I've wanted to solo Despot on BST for awhile now, but I've had people on my server flat out tell me that they will steal it from me when they see it go yellow. Pretty demotivating when someone tells you how they're going to screw you over before you even try something.

A BST really can't help the fact that the NM goes unclaim during a pet swap. If you're close enough to not have unclaim then you're probably getting hit a ton. SE really didn't think this element through when they created the "solo artist".

Yep, just wish ppl had more respect in game, that would fix the probleme.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
Server: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-04-27 03:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well he didn't necessarily say it went unclaimed, so can't be sure. If it did go unclaimed, yeah was dickish but not completely unexpectable. If it was stolen through some form of mpk though, that's just uncalled for.

Reminds me of one time duoing with a friend trying to farm despot. There was another blm there farming for it too and an ls came along a little later and tried to pull that crap on both me and my friend and the blm. It didn't ever pop for them thankfully but didn't make me want to join that ls anytime soon either. ;P
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2010-04-27 03:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I once saw someone doing the usual levels 1-10 in east ronfaure who was fighting jaggedy-eared-jack and losing. I could have let them die to it and get a chance at the drop.
I gave the person a cure4 and watched them kill it and did /cheer and went about my business.

Some people just figure because its a video-game you can screw people over and not worry about it. theres a reputation in MMO's too... I hope mine is ok. lol
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-04-27 03:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zabimaru said:
No doubt it's very dickish, but really you should expect this when you let NMs go unclaimed.

I'm not really all that great with "How BST works", but don't all mobs go unclaimed during Pet swaps?

I remember seeing a BST soloing Despot a couple years ago when some guy in my Sky LS thought it would be a good idea to claim it after it went unclaimed from the BST swapping to a new pet.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-27 03:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Caitsith.Zabimaru said:

I'm not really all that great with "How BST works", but don't all mobs go unclaimed during Pet swaps?

I remember seeing a BST soloing Despot a couple years ago when some guy in my Sky LS thought it would be a good idea to claim it after it went unclaimed from the BST swapping to a new pet.

Not nessicarily, it's just like anything else, if you stop hitting the mob (or casting on it or whatever) long enough it goes yellow.. As a BST you don't want the mob your fighting anywhere near close enough to stay red between the time you release your current pet, claim a new one and get the new one hitting the target mob..

If the mob is that close, you're very likely going to be dead before the new pet even gets hate off of you. This is especially true of NMs..

For the mob to stay claimed durring a pet swap, basically, your new pet and the target mob would both have to be right ontop of each other... Even then you'd need to be very quick.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-04-27 03:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So as long as you're having your face beaten in, you're good? Sounds like SE.. XD

Thanks for clearing that up ^^
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-27 04:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
So as long as you're having your face beaten in, you're good? Sounds like SE.. XD

Thanks for clearing that up ^^

Yep, that's pretty much it.

There's also another little quirk I forgot to mention..

When you try to charm a new pet, if it fails, the mob you just tried to charm instantly goes red, and the target mob instantly goes yellow (IIRC at least.. I'm pretty sure though.. Been awhile since I was actually in a situation where this would happen, I.E. leveling BST)

And NP
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-04-27 04:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hate people that do ***like this. NMs should only be taken upon a wipe, then it's fair game. Can't really help the mob going unclaimed on bst, it happens, people shouldn't be dickwads. You gotta rememberm it may be a game, but people are putting real time into it, and stealing an NM after all the time killing PHs and claming is just being an *** hat.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-27 04:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Hate people that do ***like this. NMs should only be taken upon a wipe, then it's fair game. Can't really help the mob going unclaimed on bst, it happens, people shouldn't be dickwads. You gotta rememberm it may be a game, but people are putting real time into it, and stealing an NM after all the time killing PHs and claming is just being an *** hat.

This is just me, but I don't even take it upon wipe.. I only take it if they all together leave the area (chances are someone else will get it before they get back even if they just went for job change) I've even raised someone who died to a NM, claimed it, invited them to party, killed it for them, and told them to lot all drops.

I've also just recently spent a couple-few hours camping an NM, had someone come in right when it was about to spawn, and offered to invite them to PT (as I only wanted one certain drop from it) things didn't go that well though.. He refused my offer, I ended up getting claim anyways.. But still I was nice enough to team up with him and let him have all the other drops.

The only exception being if it was stolen from me first, then I will do everything in my power to get it back, more so just to rub it in their face they can't even steal it properly, then it's not just fail it's like super-fail, and it makes having it stole actually worthwhile.

I also recently encountered a BST killing an NM, unfortunately it's pet had linked like 3 or 4 other mobs so hate was bouncing all over the place, I stood by and cured/hasted them, and was ready to claim it should anyone else come by (where I would have held it until they could kill off the links and then invite them to pt) I have a certain compassion for BSTs, seeing as I'm 72 BST and all..
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-04-27 04:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zabimaru said:
if you are soloing a mob on BST where pet swaps and/or call beast is mandatory,
the mob is bound to go unclaimed for a duration.
so to "let" a NM go yellow is part of the game.
if somebody is gonna be a douche and steal it...
they... are just that. of course it happens but it should not be expected.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-27 04:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Siccmade said:
Caitsith.Zabimaru said:

If everyone who ever stole a mob from a BST, had actually leveled BST, the numbers of people who did this would reduce to nearly 0.. There's always going to be a *** out there.. But, most of those who have went through that hell, know the pain, and wouldn't even think to do such a thing..
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2010-04-27 05:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
I am a firm believer in karma. I give tellies for free, raises also. I have given a ton of gil to new players to. usually 10k a pop. And at LVL1 that some gil. All because of this really nice BST I met the 1st day I played. I had no clue what to do. I was running around Basty asking for directions. No one would even look at me. Then I met her. She laughed, looked at my gear and told me to wait by Conrad. She came back a few minutes later with full sets of gear to LVL20 and gave me 140K. I had to run to my mog house twice because I could not carry it all!! I have not seen her since sadly. Hope she is somewhere still playing.

Let me tell you good story :) i believe in karma also i help a a new player out give him 20k 1month i stop playing came back the dude was 75 o.o he was a sackholder of a shell i wanting to join and i was allow to enter.
 Caitsith.Zabimaru
Server: Caitsith
user: Zabimaru
By Caitsith.Zabimaru 2010-04-30 07:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Siccmade said:
Caitsith.Zabimaru said:

Hey, listen, I'm not condoning this and I know how BST works, I'm just saying you shouldn't be surprised that people are ***.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-30 07:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Arsi said:

and they will be sorry
Good way to get banned if you do it w/ anyone w/ half the brain to call a GM on you.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-30 07:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, lol @ expecting people not to steal. If it's yellow, they're going for it. For example, I was solo'ing Serket one time. A lv 50 pt cast haste on me (idk why I didn't need it, shoulda had blockaid up).

Now they start getting blasted by all my AoEs, so I moved (I shoulda stayed, their fault for *** w/ my solo, even if they were trying to help).

So I have the mob at about 2% and I'm bound. I get hit w/ a hate reset move. It goes back towards the lv 50 party, I can't do ***, I'm bound.

It goes yellow and one of the other serket campers walks up and kills it.

Point is, if its yellow, and someone you don't know personally is there that is interested, they're taking it. Don't be surprised.
 Fairy.Haxorking
Server: Fairy
user: Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2010-04-30 07:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at least it's only LoO lol, Octave club is garbage in all honesty
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-30 07:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Haxorking said:
Well at least it's only LoO lol, Octave club is garbage in all honesty
lv 80 soon!
 Fairy.Haxorking
Server: Fairy
user: Haxorking
By Fairy.Haxorking 2010-04-30 07:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasn't it 85 in the next patch?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-30 07:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure, but wouldn't matter. Lv 80 being able to wear the stuff we do at 75 would make octave worthwhile and keeping your drk at 80
First Page 2