Did I Miss It Or Was There No Post About The Hitler Videos Being Removed?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Did I miss it or was there no post about the Hitler videos being removed?
Did I miss it or was there no post about the Hitler videos being removed?
First Page 2

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-22 23:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

are you serious???? C'mon... Those movies were made when????

Someone opened their mouths....
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-22 23:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That's too bad, the Hitler lv99 freak out was *** gold.. I shot soda out of my nose while watching that video.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-04-23 00:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Made back in 2006. Won Best Foreign Film and a whole slew of prestigious international awards. If you haven't seen the actual movie, I really do suggest grabbing it.

That being said, the producers asking for it to be pulled is sad. I saw an interview in the NYT, I believe, with the original German director who said he was quite a fan of all the parodies because they were, in a way, a compliment to his directing skill at setting up a scene.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-23 00:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Made back in 2006. Won Best Foreign Film and a whole slew of prestigious international awards. If you haven't seen the actual movie, I really do suggest grabbing it.

That being said, the producers asking for it to be pulled is sad. I saw an interview in the NYT, I believe, with the original German director who said he was quite a fan of all the parodies because they were, in a way, a compliment to his directing skill at setting up a scene.

That alone should mean they shouldn't be removed =/ if they guy who created them not only doesn't care that his work is being used, but actually likes them, then where's the harm? >.< this copyright-piracy thing is getting a bit out of hand.
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2010-04-23 00:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

>< I hate that copyright crap! It's not like anyone was making any money off them.

Now someone should make a "Hilter finds out his videos were pulled from youtube" video. :P
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-23 00:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Phyrefly said:
>< I hate that copyright crap! It's not like anyone was making any money off them.

Now someone should make a "Hilter finds out his videos were pulled from youtube" video. :P

I SO would if I still had my video editing software =/
 Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ouch
By Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie 2010-04-23 00:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I imagine anyone will step up to a lawsuit about it, and not that I'm all that familiar with international copyright law, but I imagine there would be a fairly strong argument to protect the videos under fair use and parody laws. Maybe I'm completely wrong, though.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-23 00:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

That alone should mean they shouldn't be removed =/ if they guy who created them not only doesn't care that his work is being used, but actually likes them, then where's the harm? >.< this copyright-piracy thing is getting a bit out of hand.

...Then why don't we try and contact them, like I did with my Karla Holmoka Teale Case, Lobby the Creator of the Film, and see if he would support or agree about the idea. I mean , if its not the Offical Creator thats doing it, when who is, Jaerik, who do you think would do this?
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-23 00:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Cerberus.Phyrefly said:

I SO would if I still had my video editing software =/

Then Just keep posting them up, Change the name slightly...or Put it on other video hosting sights.... Hell i'm sure you could just post them on that Conjunction site...
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-04-23 01:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

There are still a few up :D

[+]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-23 01:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Seen that one, was on our old LS wesbite for Dyna, Liquid Gotti..... thats another story I don't want to get into..

/sigh
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-04-23 16:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
...Then why don't we try and contact them, like I did with my Karla Holmoka Teale Case, Lobby the Creator of the Film, and see if he would support or agree about the idea. I mean , if its not the Offical Creator thats doing it, when who is, Jaerik, who do you think would do this?

The director said he enjoyed the parodies, but the director does not own the rights to the movie. That goes to the production company, who holds the copyright. They're the ones who asked for it to be pulled.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-23 16:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
There are still a few up :D

this one was my absolute favorite
 Asura.Artyom
Server: Asura
user: Whist
By Asura.Artyom 2010-04-23 16:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe this sums up everything.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-04-23 20:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The one about the level cap increase was pure win.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-26 06:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I loved the "You fulltime a Denali Bonnet" scene XD
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-26 18:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artyom said:

I believe this sums up everything.

You think this sums it up.. This is just more funnier.. and pretty much takes a stab at Constantin Films...LOL

W/o seing Hitler Rant, is so much more funnier.. its like 2 guys arguing in the dark...

ROFL..
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-26 18:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

btw if yo uwant to see Downfall, I believe the movie is under "Der Untergang" is broken and under parts, so you will be able to watch it free, and you guessed, on Youtube...LOL

W.e eh? lol hehehe!! Take the Parodies down, but leave the actual copyright up.... Dumbasses!!

Major Ninja Edit...

They took them down too.. My terrible.. ...DOH.

sry lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-04-26 18:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Tell me I can not be the first to put up this two day old news?
Quote:
YouTube Hitler Downfall parody videos removed over copyright
YouTube has removed a large number of Hitler parodies featuring a clip from Der Untergang, or Downfall, after copyright complaints from producers Constantin films.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/822676-youtube-hitler-downfall-parody-videos-removed-over-copyright

Sylph.Lotusbluete
Server: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-04-28 02:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw the german girl who did the Harry Potter parodies had issues too. they took them down too, she and a lot of fans of her parodies complained and now theyre back up :P

Valefor.Quickmart
user: Forg
By Valefor.Quickmart 2010-05-07 21:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

youtube said:
Copyright Claim Disputes: Filing a counter-notification
Print

When we receive a notification of alleged copyright infringement, we remove the posting that is the subject of the notification. If we remove one of your videos, we email you, and place a note in your account at http://youtube.com/account#manage/status_copyright

If you believe your content was misidentified as infringing, you may file a counter-notification. If you did not have all of the rights to post the material at issue, you MUST NOT submit a counter-notification. Under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be liable for damages.

There are two processes for counter-notifications:

* DMCA counter-notification
* International counter-notification

If the original claim of alleged infringement was submitted under Section 512(c) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, you must use the DMCA counter-notification.

International claimants in some countries may submit claims under a slightly different process. In these cases, while the DMCA counter-notification is still acceptable, a user who does not live in the United States may alternatively respond with an international counter-notification.

The chief difference is that the DMCA process requires that the user consent to the jurisdiction of a United States court.
http://www.copyright.gov said:
The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law cites examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: “quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the author’s observations; use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied; summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report; reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy; reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson; reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports; incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported.
The intention may not have been to parody Downfall itself, but while parodying whatever else those video's do and a case could therefor be made for fair use. Mind you, the copyright holder might still prefer and be prepared to fight it out in court and the majority of video posters may not..
 Leviathan.Zeitx
Server: Leviathan
user: Zeitx
By Leviathan.Zeitx 2010-05-07 21:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
The one about the level cap increase was pure win.

Yeah...anyone happen to have that video? lmao I have the Endgame Linkshell parody if anyone wants it XD
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2010-05-07 21:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yay! I'm so glad someone made one! Although I think the text is a little long in some parts...or maybe I'm just a slow reader. lol
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-07 21:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite one was the salvage bans, but they took it down :(
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-05-07 21:50:14