Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bismarck » salvage group lfm
salvage group lfm
 Bismarck.Drakelth
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2010-04-16 23:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

We are currently looking for a MNK with With a counter set, a damage reduction set, 260+ gaurd, merits,(black belt would be a bonus).

We are also taking applications for Damage dealers, we currently do no need mages but if you think you have something to offer us feel free to ask, either myself, Grens, Jesslynn.

Basic Salvage experience is a must(casting lots on cells, following directions).
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-17 00:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

gl in your search, but heads up. Guard sucks and is irrelevant to a good mnk, counter+ builds are meh at best(aside from melee gaiters which can just be macro'd). So I wouldn't look at those as requirements, or you'll pass up a lot of good monks.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-17 00:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
gl in your search, but heads up. Guard sucks and is irrelevant to a good mnk, counter builds are meh at best(aside from melee gaiters which can just be macro'd). So I wouldn't look at those as requirements, or you'll pass up a lot of good monks.

What do you go for to be a salvage mnk tank? pretty much dmg reduced?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-17 00:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
gl in your search, but heads up. Guard sucks and is irrelevant to a good mnk, counter builds are meh at best(aside from melee gaiters which can just be macro'd). So I wouldn't look at those as requirements, or you'll pass up a lot of good monks.

I have capped guarding. On tougher mobs (like chariots) the proc rate is abysmal, no noticeable difference than when my skill was under 200.(to go further into this, you can *** guard+ gear to get a decent proc rate, but you'd be better off in a PDT build at this point than wearing things like feral mask) On mobs where it does proc well, they hit so weak (especially w/ phalanx II), or miss all together to where it makes no difference in mp management. It's a waste of time to skill and if I could go back, I would have done something more productive with the time.

As for the counter build, it can be counter productive at times. For example, temple hose+1 with +3 counter, if your acc is uncapped, you're better off leaving byakko's on for the 7-8 acc. Why? Because counters can miss. It won't say the counter missed, but you'll just not counter. It is acc based however. If you need an example, go to a mamool ja lurker, with counter gear in every slot and +0 acc, counterstance and engage, see how many times you counter before you die.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-17 00:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

I have capped guarding. On tougher mobs (like chariots) the proc rate is abysmal, no noticeable difference than when my skill was under 200.(to go further into this, you can *** guard gear to get a decent proc rate, but you'd be better off in a PDT build at this point than wearing things like feral mask) On mobs where it does proc well, they hit so weak (especially w/ phalanx II), or miss all together to where it makes no difference in mp management. It's a waste of time to skill and if I could go back, I would have done something more productive with the time.

As for the counter build, it can be counter productive at times. For example, temple hose 1 with 3 counter, if your acc is uncapped, you're better off leaving byakko's on for the 7-8 acc. Why? Because counters can miss. It won't say the counter missed, but you'll just not counter. It is acc based however. If you need an example, go to a mamool ja lurker, with counter gear in every slot and 0 acc, counterstance and engage, see how many times you counter before you die.

mind = blown

I had no idea that acc changed that.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-17 00:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I used to *** counter+ in every slot back in the day. Now I just juggle my DD and my PDT builds. It's all you need as a mnk tank. If you're solo'ing add an eva build to that. Guard and counter builds though, meh.