Cheese Hoarder.. Can He Be Dualed??

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Cheese Hoarder.. Can he be dualed??
Cheese Hoarder.. Can he be dualed??
First Page 2
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-11 22:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering, I was metnioned by a friend, who I will not name to protect the innocence, mention that he's easy-pleeesy to do as a Red/nin and a Blm/nin.

IS that true and if so or not.. please post ideas or objection as to why or why not? I am curious to learn and understand this. I was told, and I'm unsure of the outcome.

Looking for answers I suppose.

Thanks in advance, everyone!
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-04-11 22:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Easily solo'd by either of those jobs I would think.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-11 22:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Easily. Any job that can DoT and run can solo. Just throw some DoTs on and run him around any teleporter platform. When he runs off wait for him to come back (he will never deaggro or depop or go unclaimed) and repeat. Solo it's laborious, but a BLM and RDM can duo in about five minutes.
 Phoenix.Airbag
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-11 22:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

can solo on rdm/nin - flee boots help pulling

duoing with a blm just speeds it up
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-04-11 22:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just be careful with all the QQ's on the way to the porter. I'm sure there's some way to make them depop on the initial pull if they link, but I can't recall since I duoed with a blm and he just sleepga'd and logged off. Once you're at Teleporter E you just run around the porter with DoT's on it and nuking it, he runs away frequently and for 2+ minutes at times, so you have plenty of time to rest MP.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-11 22:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Powerslave said:
Just be careful with all the QQ's on the way to the porter. I'm sure there's some way to make them depop on the initial pull if they link, but I can't recall since I duoed with a blm and he just sleepga'd and logged off. Once you're at Teleporter E you just run around the porter with DoT's on it and nuking it, he runs away frequently and for 2 minutes at times, so you have plenty of time to rest MP.

If you pop him and run to either the NW or SW teleporter room and out the opposite door, all the linking Qiqirns will stop in the doorway and depop and Cheese Hoarder will continue to chase you. You can then start running him around the teleport platform. Works for the "landing bay" room to the left of all the teleporters too I think, but not sure of that.

You can do it without movement speed as well. Those Qiqirn are designed to despawn near teleporters it seems, because I have never seen them chase anyone popping into one of those rooms. WLegs or Flee Boots just make it a lot easier.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-11 22:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow about the plenty of time to rest the blm and nuke it.. so the red will be kiting him as I nuke on blm?

If so, Ill be able to get my bstslayyer with no problems.

Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-11 22:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Wow about the plenty of time to rest the blm and nuke it.. so the red will be kiting him as I nuke on blm?

You shouldn't even need to do that. Large amounts of damage will make him randomly run off and drop bombs. If he drops a few at the same time he'll run off and come back quite quickly; as far as I remember this resets hate, so the Red Mage can kite if need be.

However, if he drops four bombs slowly, he'll run off for a good 3-4 resting ticks before coming back. That gives you plenty of time to rest, and I'm certain this resets hate as well.

And when running off he will never go unclaimed, regen or despawn.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-04-11 22:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:

If you have a blm it's unbelievably easy. Pop him with all your buffs up, try and not link if possible on the way to the porter, and if they do just have the QQ's SleepgaII>Log off>Login and blm and rdm and trade hate with nukes while kiting him around it. He runs away often and links, but the links will all despawn before reaching the door.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-11 22:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

sweet Ill go make a date with my Pal then and get me my sword for my blu
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-11 22:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done it 2 blms a few times before. Was interesting
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-04-11 22:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

to rest, and I'm certain this resets hate as well.

Not too sure about the unclaimed part. I followed Cheese Hoarder a few times out of sheer curiosity and his name had gone yellow.
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-11 22:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

to rest, and I'm certain this resets hate as well.

Not too sure about the unclaimed part. I followed Cheese Hoarder a few times out of sheer curiosity and his name had gone yellow.

If someone is engaged to it when it runs off, or if someone attempts to cast something and gets the "Out of Range" message, it might make it go unclaimed... But I don't think you'd engage anyway, and the second is bad luck. Following him might also be what did it, because as far as I know he's programmed to walk back to his bombs. Whenever we followed him he'd run back the way we came to the teleporter room, then run to us and start attacking us.

Which is actually ideal for sneaking in some unopposed nukes, lol. But it only happened a few times.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-11 22:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
to rest, and I'm certain this resets hate as well. And when running off he will never go unclaimed, regen or despawn.
People could have died. I've popped plenty of ZNMs and just gone straight running to the kite/fight area and just sat there for minutes waiting for it and it stays red
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-04-11 22:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
People could have died. I've popped plenty of ZNMs and just gone straight running to the kite/fight area and just sat there for minutes waiting for it and it stays red

Oh yeah that's one I missed. If the last person to attack or cast on it attacks or casts something else (maybe sleeping a link) or dies, it'll go yellow. And the person with hate could have d/c'd. I've seen Fafnir claims lost because of that. :D

Lol, sorry. Not trying to go on or anything. But it's unlikely he'll go unclaimed just by running off.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-11 22:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah bringing anaa back to kite area is forever and a day. Long ways away and buffs alot
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-11 22:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Airbag said:
can solo on rdm/nin - flee boots help pulling

duoing with a blm just speeds it up
Don't even need Powder Boots, I do the pull on BLM all the time with no movement+ gear. He paths pretty poorly. Hug the corners in the hallways and you'll easily have a 15' lead on him by the time you reach the kite room. I solo him on the way up for T3 pops, takes about 35-40 minutes as BLM/NIN using Drain + Bio II, Bliz IV for after he runs off.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-04-11 23:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
to rest, and I'm certain this resets hate as well. And when running off he will never go unclaimed, regen or despawn.

Not what I meant, I meant that while duoing it with my blm buddy, I followed it along it's path before it linked and it had gone yellow.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-11 23:17:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had him go unclaimed on duo attempts before, never did figure out why but I just attributed it to the fact that the primary DD was a BLM automaton.
 Bahamut.Paragonx
Server: Bahamut
user: paragonx
By Bahamut.Paragonx 2010-04-11 23:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

yes i did it with pld/nin and sch
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-22 23:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO Cor/Blm is a helluva lot easier to solo him with than rdm. I thought it was a lot faster too.
 Sylph.Sindri
Server: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-22 23:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, he can be duo'd.
[+]
 Sylph.Abenx
Server: Sylph
user: Aben
By Sylph.Abenx 2010-04-23 00:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Pull CHG to the F-8/9 return pad (labeled E on the map). As long as you stay in there, the adds should despawn. You may get an extra one on the initial pull, but after that its fine.

Kite it around the four pillars, keep DoT up, and nuke him down. When he runs off just sit tight until he comes back. Heck, I can regurgitation solo him on blu easy enough solo. rdm/nin and blm/nin is snoozeville
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-04-23 00:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite way is to pop him and kite to the Center porter exit to depop the links.

Once there you kite around the porter and your parnter nukes to pull hate and kites, continue trading off hate until it dies.

Just remember, 1 bomb = Not leaving, so cure up asap.

Multi bombs = leaving hte room.

So you have time to rest and rebuff while he goes for a jog and returns roughly 2-3min later.

easy fight :)
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-23 00:37:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Abenx said:
Pull CHG to the F-8/9 return pad (labeled E on the map). As long as you stay in there, the adds should despawn. You may get an extra one on the initial pull, but after that its fine.

Kite it around the four pillars, keep DoT up, and nuke him down. When he runs off just sit tight until he comes back. Heck, I can regurgitation solo him on blu easy enough solo. rdm/nin and blm/nin is snoozeville

so with Red, Wud you reccamend Blu/nin then, and just use Regurgitation?
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-04-23 00:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried blu/nin one time and he actually wouldnt leave the room. Lol became an endless cycle of kiting and i had to ask a friend to come help.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-23 00:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ya thats when I was told to stay Blm/nin, It may be boring, but will def get the job done.

Boring, ir asking for help, might as well stay with The Blm & Red...
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-04-23 02:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Trio'd this guy with RDM, DRK and a SCH. SCH nuked while DRK kited, as well as DRK and SCH trading hate. I was basic support as RDM.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-04-23 02:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

easiest path ever
solo this guy with either rdm/nin or cor/nin

i have crimson cuisses for both,

never had em leave the room on a solo attempt
 Bismarck.Magnumatic
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnumatic 2010-04-23 10:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
easiest path ever solo this guy with either rdm/nin or cor/nin i have crimson cuisses for both, never had em leave the room on a solo attempt

Cor/nin for those who have trouble kiting, or want to increase the length of the fight.
First Page 2