FFXIV Streaming Video (about 3.5 Hours Worth Of Footage)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Media » FFXIV Streaming Video (about 3.5 hours worth of footage)
FFXIV Streaming Video (about 3.5 hours worth of footage)
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-11 09:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
The thing that discusts me about this whole thing is that Pooky is pretty much being picked on since he was the first "public" person to broadcast. There is plenty of people leaking information and posting Screenshots/Videos on forums that have a hidden areas.

What makes it silly is there are people acting like NDA Police, a guy even made a thread on the Test Forums asking to make a "witch-hunt" gang to find all of the people leaking information, as if being in the Alpha makes you some kind of special person. It's as if peple didn't know the NDA was obviously going to be broken.
Yes, the NDA is going to be broken, but does that automatically mean you should do it too? I mean hey, next time you're at the supermarket, remember that someone is obviously going to steal from there at some stage, so you may as well just take what you want. And hey, someone is obviously going to get murdered this year, so you may as well kill anyone that annoys you. See what I'm getting at? I just completely fail to understand why this whole "the NDA is pointless" and "I have a right to know everything" mentality is so wide spread.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-04-11 09:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
It has nothing to do with trying to "virtually suck off SE". You've even agreed with my point, bottom line, alpha testers are alpha testers under the provision that they don't break the NDA. Anyone that breaks the NDA should be banned. You just said that yourself, so why are you attacking me?

The only difference is that I think it would be a good advertisement to other alpha testers to do more than just ban him from the alpha.

Yes, I did watch his stream, but I don't see how that makes me a hypocrite?

If the information is there, I'm going to look, but un-like just about everyone else, I'm not going around saying "*** the NDA" and "*** SE" and begging alpha testers for that information. From what I've seen, the information been released so far from SE officially has been much the same as that of the alpha testers. Pookypoos stream didn't really show much new over the game convention footage a year ago. The only things it did show us that weren't at the game convention are all things that may or may not even make it to commercial release anyway.

I'm just trying to point out that no-one has any right to information. There seems to be this massive common opinion that we have this god given right to all information about FFXIV, and I can't work out where the *** it comes from. SE is a company who's sole purpose is to make money. In order to do that, they're working on an MMO, but to get it to the stage where it can make them as much money as possible, they would have very strict marketing plans in place. Breaking the NDA ruins that plan and potentially damages the companies bottom line. This potential revenue loss will be reflected in the games they produce, as they won't be able to throw as much money at them (to have more developers on each game, to keep each game in development longer to really polish them).

So, when FFXIV turns out to be a steaming pile of ***because all the alpha testers were too busy *** around and breaking the NDA instead of testing, you can blame yourself. When the next FF game also turns out to be ***because the failure that was 14 put the company in debt and they couldn't spend as much money polishing it, you can blame yourself. This is all pretty exaggerated, but it's still a very real scenario.

tl;dr version: It's basic economics, the NDA isn't just there for fun, and should be respected. Even if you had shares in SE, you wouldn't have a right to information that everyone seems to think they have, so STFU and stop asking people to break the NDA.

Except nothing you mentioned here has any merit, none of that will happen, period. I've been a tester and played nearly every major mmo on the market and seen games go through this phase countless times (granted, i've never broken NDA). SE is going to do nothing but keep right on chugging, nothing is going to change because of leaked info, not the amount of money spent, not the amount of time spent, nothing.

You don't know wtf you're talking about here so stop trying to sound like you do.

I don't think anyone has a "right to know" nor am I asking people to break NDA. Never once was either of those things said, you're obviously grabbing for something concrete here and missing entirely.

The point was that it isn't a big deal, not even to SE because as previously stated; NOTHING WILL CHANGE. If you know anything about mmo's (which it's obvious you don't outside of your narrow scope) you'd know that developers fully expect information to be leaked at some point and are prepared to deal with it.

And FYI, complaining about someone breaking NDA while reaping the benefit is like bitching that your significant other stole from a bank while spending the money. So maybe not direct hypocrisy, but you look just as stupid.

Edit: Your supermarket analogy fails, and that's my point, you seem to think it applies to everything the exact same way. The information provided from an alpha test is minimal, and inconsequential, but there are those who would like to know. By breaking NDA you aren't taking profits from a company, as you would by stealing groceries. Nobody is going to change their mind over an alpha build, it's purely informative.
 Cerberus.Rairom
Server: Cerberus
user: Rairom
By Cerberus.Rairom 2010-04-11 09:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

can't we just agree to disagree?

Blazza is illustrating the far extreme,
And Kajidourden is being too lax on the idea of breaking the NDA. It IS there to be respected and for reasons.
But SE WILL keep on chugging. One way or another this game will get released.

So nothing either of you say matters. Why argue over something so petty?
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-04-11 09:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rairom said:
can't we just agree to disagree?

Blazza is illustrating the far extreme,
And Kajidourden is being too lax on the idea of breaking the NDA. It IS there to be respected and for reasons.
But SE WILL keep on chugging. One way or another this game will get released.

So nothing either of you say matters. Why argue over something so petty?

You're absolutely correct. I shouldn't have let myself get sucked in to an argument that was so pointless. Whether or not I give my insight from the (literally) hundreds of games i've played/tested there will always be those who disagree, and the game will just come out anyhow. Not to mention it isn't going to stop people from breaking NDA if they so choose.

Again I apologize for carrying on this long, fin.
 Cerberus.Rairom
Server: Cerberus
user: Rairom
By Cerberus.Rairom 2010-04-11 09:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy ***it worked.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-04-11 09:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rairom said:
Holy ***it worked.

That's what happens when people aren't closed-minded idiots :/ .
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-11 10:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I just don't understand why Kajidourden is attacking me so badly while saying the same thing. And yes Rairom, I was illustrating the far extreme to high-light the issue, thank you for understanding that.

Kaji, I'm not trying to say that Pookypoo has doomed FFXIV to fail. But, as Zicdeh mentioned, it CAN be very damaging. The fact that you've been a tester before and played every MMO in existence also doesn't mean a thing I'm sorry, unless you've also been an alpha tester where the NDA was broken. Open Betas don't even have an NDA as far as I'm aware, so none of this applies to that situation.

As for my analogy, I was simply trying to comment on the playground mentality of "everyone else was doing it". So yeah, I'm sorry, but you were given your own brain for a reason, that's what separates us from sheep.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-11 10:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
Cerberus.Rairom said:
Holy ***it worked.

That's what happens when people aren't closed-minded idiots :/ .
Nice way to follow up an apology. Insinuating I'm a closed-minded idiot isn't exactly agreeing to disagree now is it.

However, this is going no-where, dealing with closed-minded idiots causes a very circular conversation, I give up.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-04-11 10:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

unless its been posted already.

http://www.calvyno.com The guy who streamed apologize to SE in an open email and asking to get to continue alpha/beta. Along with 2 other emails.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-11 10:33:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeh, I lol'd, and was actually referencing that a little in one of my earlier posts.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-04-11 10:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE imo.

"I didnt know so many ppl would watch it, please let me back in QQ"
[+]
 Siren.Gwynplaine
Server: Siren
By Siren.Gwynplaine 2010-04-11 10:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:

http://www.calvyno.com The guy who streamed apologize to SE in an open email and asking to get to continue alpha/beta. Along with 2 other emails.

It was a really smug and back-handed apology too that basically said they're stupid for "not listening" to what players want. I didn't really care that much about it initially, but having that kind of nerve just really takes the cake.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-11 11:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yet people are defending this guy and calling him a hero...

I'm sorry if I've been overly argumentative and a jerk in this thread, I just hate this whole stupid mentality, it makes no sense and just seems utterly childish and selfish to me.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ahtos
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ahtos
By Ragnarok.Ahtos 2010-04-11 15:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:

Lol he finally found out he's a moron ? ^^ Some ppl should stay away from the internet.
I know there are alot idiots in this world but this is silliness³.
 Fenrir.Riousan
Server: Fenrir
user: Riousan
By Fenrir.Riousan 2010-04-12 23:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leave the guy alone. I'm sure any gamer out there would have done the same thing. Not for the sake of the popularity of showing his game play (like so many out there) but for the fascination this game has to offer. I'm not offended and the only peopled offended so far are those jealous not being in the Beta.

All gamers do it, it's honestly no surprise that information can get leaked based on fascination of the game itself. We're the players. Players are supposed to control the game companies not companies controlling us. Yes, copyright is important but this is honestly ridiculous for even considering the thought of it just showing a game play.