Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-05 08:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Blazza, why Distortion instead of Light?
Simple. Disservement>>>> cannonball. Especially on imps
This basically. I rely on blink tanking and don't bother with cocoon, don't have protect either. Cannonball is a pretty lame *** spell without a lot of buffs and SA, and I find it has especially ***accuracy. Hell, I'm cheap and don't even use food on imps. I could do light and MB Magic Hammer on imps, but since I always try and cast Magic Hammer after a fresh ichi cast, I know I'm going to be taking a beating if I attempt to MB my own SC on imps. So yeah, a good solo distortion on imps will do at least 50% of the mobs HP, or more. My MB Magic Hammer would have to get me at least 61 MP more to make up for the extra Hysteric Barrage I'd have to cast make up that damage if I was using Cannonball > Light. And that's if it hits...

</derail>
 Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wulfy 2010-04-05 09:13:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't use Light on imps ever. Cannonball does need a bunch of buffs and /thf to make it worth casting. Disseverment is piercing and deals an additional 1800 dmg in poison alone lol.
You can pretty much kill an imp in 1 distortion SC and in some rare cases actually kill it. Been messing around with magic hammer and it can be ok. Its just most of the time your out there its darkness weather anyway so meh, might as well not even bother with it.

I'm sure SE will give us a reliable way to get MP back. Battery charge comes to mind.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-04-07 01:14:21
Link | Quote | Reply

***, completely forgot about this thread.
Odin.Blazza said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Well I also have novio now, and balrahn's ring replaces Omega in assault/salvage/nyzul. I also have AF 1 hat (full set actually, lol).

The main thing I'm interested to know is how yigit gloves compare to morrigans. I'm still waiting on that *** rampart to cough up, and I want them for a lot of stuff other than simply nuking, just wonder how they compare for a lot of blu stuffs. I'm thinking magic hammer and regurgitation (the only two nukes I often use) would both benefit more from yigit...
Yigit Gages beat Morrigan's Cuffs for Regurgitation pretty easily, so we'll focus on Magic Hammer.

Apollo's/Bugard+1/---/---
Yigit/Promise/Moldy/Novio
Errant/???/Sapphire/Omega
Prism/Penitent's/Jet/Yigit

57 base MND, I'm gonna round this up to +60 as a rough guess for spell MND. Set has 49 MND and 16 MAB, MAB is set for 119 MND and 36 MAB total. 38 MAB is universal between the two since Yigit has 2 MAB, so 5 MND vs 3 MAB.

Damage=[([D + ST]*Multiplier)*Convergence Bonus) + MND bonus]*Magic Attack etc

D cap is 35, multiplier and T multiplier (part of MND bonus) are both 1. 30% MND mod. Gonna rip out the portions that cancel out ahead of time (read: Apollo's) and solve for the necessary dMND such that Morrigan's would be superior.

Yigit >> (35+(124*0.3)*0.83+(124-x))*1.38=(35+(119*0.3)*0.83+(119-x))*1.41 << Morrigan's

(189-x)*1.38=(183-x)*1.41

2.79=0.03x

x=93

So if your target has more than 93 MND, Morrigan's Cuffs would be superior with your current build. Yigit will be superior against anything with less MND than that. I think it's fairly safe to say you should continue using Yigit after obtaining Morrigan's Cuffs =P
Quote:
This basically. I rely on blink tanking and don't bother with cocoon, don't have protect either. Cannonball is a pretty lame *** spell without a lot of buffs and SA, and I find it has especially ***accuracy. Hell, I'm cheap and don't even use food on imps. I could do light and MB Magic Hammer on imps, but since I always try and cast Magic Hammer after a fresh ichi cast, I know I'm going to be taking a beating if I attempt to MB my own SC on imps. So yeah, a good solo distortion on imps will do at least 50% of the mobs HP, or more. My MB Magic Hammer would have to get me at least 61 MP more to make up for the extra Hysteric Barrage I'd have to cast make up that damage if I was using Cannonball > Light. And that's if it hits...
In retrospect this should have been really obvious... meh. Good to know, thanks.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-07 01:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I think mahat feet would probably be better too. But meh
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-07 01:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah they probably would, but yigit are better for well... pretty much everything else aside from curing, so mahat would be +1 inventory. Plus I'll be getting morrigan's feet one of these days which will take over for curing, regurgitation and magic hammer.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-07 01:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah yigit feet are probably the only yigit I will ever get and well I just happen to have mahatma lying around from my blms old convert set which is not apart of my rdms mnd enfeeble set.

I hold no hopes for morri anytime in the near future.

Plus I like some MP+ since I often forget and use it at higher mps... and well my tp gear has +mp on it anyways so yeah
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-04-07 01:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's one of my biggest problems actually, my tp gear has ***loads of MP (3x homam, walmart and relic body), but all my spell builds have nothing -_-
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-07 02:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I ran into similar problem. Especially since some creek gear actually has -hp. It's the main thing that pushed me to spellcast allowing variations based on mp.

And my cure builds had similar problems. I'd get 400+ Magic fruit with swd on but my hp would be lower then my idle lol so whoops. Now I got stuff with +hp and stats in it too.