users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Don't know what to pick for head peice from AMK
Don't know what to pick for head peice from AMK
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-03 18:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

As title says, I dunno WTH to pick >.< I already got RDM to 75, DNC is 73, and BST is 72..

I really liked some of the pet orientated stats, but I hardly ever use BST.. But I really only use RDM for like KSNM/BCNM's or something else where 73 DNC just doesn't cut it..

DNC is like my 'full time' job, but none of the stats really scream out 'get me I'm worth it', mostly I'm being held back because I don't want to lose 'enhances Samba duration' from Tiara (I really only solo/duo on it)

About the only thing I could think of to justify it was the Store TP option that's one of the choices, but would the Store TP make up for the extra TP I'd be using due to the shorter Samba times? Or would any of the other stats available make up for that TP loss..

Also if this seems like a dumb question, please forgive me, but I'm not the greatest at doing the calculations everyone seems to do.
 Unicorn.Alarin
Server: Unicorn
user: Alar
By Unicorn.Alarin 2010-04-03 19:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

In your situation it sounds like you would get the most use out of making a hat for DNC. You shouldn't be using the tiara to TP in anyways, just macro it in for when you do your sambas and you will get the effect. You don't have to leave it on to retain the enhanced duration. Plus, you're only really gaining 30 seconds on the duration anyways.

You're options then become:

1) Haste Hat- Some combination of +Haste if you do no have access to another hat for DNC, i.e. Walahra Turban, Denali Bonnet. These are pretty easy to get though so it would be a bit of a waste to do this.
2) WS Hat- +4 STR +15 WS ACC, and then another option tailoring it to your WS choice. Once again, a macro only piece.
3) Super O-hat- This would probably be my choice putting +10 ACC +4 ATTK option and +10 EVA +4 Store TP if what you primarily use DNC for is solo/duo things. You could TP in this, then switch in Tiara for Samba Macro, and a haste hat for Shadows.

Hope this helps some.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-03 19:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, and yeah it helps.. I think I'll go with the O.Hat option, as I don't have one, it'll save me money/time on having to farm or buy the pop item.