Forum » FFXI » General » Question
Question
 Pandemonium.Krebons
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2010-04-03 11:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just came back after my long long break... I log onto my sexy mithra... Needless to say everything was gone. Now, I know how did it, needless to say, my soon-to-be ex wife, and she still plays.. I guess the question would be because she is a dumbass and dboxed my items, when I rollback this account and SE sees where the items went, will they drop teh ban hammer on her, and her little boyfriend? (Just an fyi basis, stupidcat and gyomi former residents on pandi now on Asura)
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-04-03 11:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

She won't be banned as you gave her the info, so sadly in SE's eyes you'll be at fault. There's also no way you could prove to them that she "hacked" you, even if you said "Hey this person hacked me!" The question that would come next is "how do you know?"
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2010-04-03 11:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, for starters, she's a ***. I didn't give her my info which is the funny part, I'm in Iraq..

I was one of those smart ones, I checked my dbox and saw my serket ring sent to herself and my juggy was sent to her boyfriend.
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-04-03 11:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait..so...this is your rl wife that sent your ***off then?
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2010-04-03 11:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes... Well, legally seperated to be more precise.
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-04-03 11:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunately she still can't get banned, not as long as she still had access to your account. I got banned for a week for my friend getting on my account and dicking around, after I explained to the GM it wasn't me they said "Its your account."

Although you can say to the GM you never sent those things out, so she basically stripped your account against your will, theres no way to prove that you yourself send out your things.

The only thing I can really say is call a GM about both a reroll and an investigation in regards to your soon to be ex, and hope that in the end she gets whats coming to her.
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2010-04-03 11:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, if I could only log in right now... I planned on calling SE about a reroll, as she did the same thing with my 2nd account, which that is in the process of a reroll...

Actually, come to find out, SE retains the IP address and ISP everytime you login... Really not thaat hard to prove being I'm in Iraq and I've already sent them notary forms to get the accounts back, being the seals have the Iraq address we reside at... And I have TCS orders...
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-04-03 11:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well there you go, perhaps SE will actually do something useful for once then!
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2010-04-03 12:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope so! I just figured, he sending it to herself would be sufficient enough... time to bust out them orders!
 Shiva.Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-04-03 12:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You got this! Good luck man, hope ***works out for you
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-03 12:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Protip: Never give your account info to anyone. Not even your wife.

People change. People become ***. People *** you over. There's smarter ways of showing your trust for one than putting everything you've worked/played for at risk for compromise.
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2010-04-03 12:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Dually noted. However! The information was never quite *given* to her so to speak. She had the SE ID because both accounts were linked to it, and I probably shouldn't have saved the pw's on her laptop because I had gotten a new one... I've learned.. It's ok.. Karma is a ***.. *^.^*
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-03 12:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, either way, I hope you get your ***back and she gets bit in the *** by karma. Also, security token ftw?
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-04-03 12:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Best of luck to you, but I wouldn't count on anything but a rollback on your account honestly. According to SE if you give out your password or leave your log in information lying around where others can see it, its your fault, even if the individual you gave the information to was your wife. This is mostly due to the face that its technically against the ToS to even allow anyone else to play on your account what so ever. Far as they are concerned NO ONE but you should have your password ever for that reason. No exceptions.
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2010-04-03 12:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea she apparently has some sort of common sense and found out how to deactivate it... >.<; lol
 Pandemonium.Krebons
By Pandemonium.Krebons 2010-04-03 12:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I really do hope for the rollback... There were things on that toon that were given to me by a friend I'll never see again, Ever.. I'll be highly upset...
 Fairy.Usua
Server: Fairy
user: Usua
By Fairy.Usua 2010-04-04 12:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry Kreb, Jody will take care of your gears for you.