Forum » FFXI » General » Evolith Armors
Evolith Armors
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-01 13:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a question about the ebon/ebur/furia sets...is the wiki accurate, in the fact that it lists COMPLETELY different evolith slot types for the armor sets (as in shikkoku haidate have different elemental slots than say ginhaku (black vs white)? I thought the only difference was color, honestly...any confirmation/help would be much appreciated. Thanks
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-01 13:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. Ebon/furia light side and dark side elements for the first 2 slots. Which one is which depends on which one you do. ANd then one or the other for the last slot again depending. Also to note the first slot is bigger than the 2nd for those.

On ebur you get a mix up on 1 and 2 which allows say to offensive or defensive instead of getting one of each and both slots are bigger and the last one is all elements
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-04-01 13:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

interesting....thanks
 Asura.Shamaya
Server: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-04-01 14:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ebon is the default and is kinda better for mages than Furia. Furia is easier than Ebur to convert to, and is better for melee. Ebur is best of all for everyone, but is the hardest to obtain. Not only do the elements (or orders of them) change between the color types, but ebur can also hold the biggest evolith.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-04-01 14:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason ebur is hardest if you didn't know is cause ebon/furia pigments are semi easy solos for several jobs. Ebur pigment is the 3 "HNMs" they brought out the update before last with all the other NMs. Though I have seen the vamp done with 4 ok rdm/nins