Forum » FFXI » General » Autotranslating problem ... {Buy?} {Sell?}
Autotranslating problem ... {Buy?} {Sell?}
 Bahamut.Leonelf
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-03-30 02:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as i know ... {Buy?} with a question mark means a that the person who shouts is selling it and asking if anyone wanna buy it.
But each time i shout that, there will be always someone who asks me how much i am buying it for lol.
So what do you guys really see it as ? Or people just need to read stuff more carefully before they send /tells ?
 Lakshmi.Cesil
Server: Lakshmi
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2010-03-30 02:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I always read it as "Buy?" as in "Are you interested in buying this?" heh never really thought of it the other way around! X)
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-03-30 02:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I see it as buying their item too
 Bahamut.Leonelf
user: LeonPSP
By Bahamut.Leonelf 2010-03-30 02:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

English is not my mother tongue it's my third language at the moment (since i've been living in Germany) so i'm not really sure about how to use it correctly and maybe i am using it wrong so need a little help here =P
 Bahamut.Moehre
user: moehre
By Bahamut.Moehre 2010-03-30 04:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

My main language is also not English, but I interpret (Buy?) as a short form of (Would you like to buy?), as in: "I'm selling it".

In this sense (Sell?) would be (Sell item X to me, please?).

It is hard for me to think of (Buy?) in a shout meaning that the person is looking to shop a specific item. But then again, *me no english*

But if the rest of Bahamut that stands in WG are anything like me, they are half asleep looking for that neat Nyzul Isle/ Meripo shout since 4 hours, so might have some problems in correctly reading a selling shout xD