Forum » FFXI » General » Spellcast Help
Spellcast Help
 Phoenix.Sector
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: futchy
By Phoenix.Sector 2010-03-28 16:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm using the following for my Master Caster's Braclets in my spellcast, but it doesn't seem to work... Can anyone help me?

<if Skill="EnfeeblingMagic" BuffActive="Signet|Sanction|Sigil" MLvlGT="64" NotSpell="Dia*">
<if Mode="OR" advanced='"$Region"="OUT"' Area="Dynamis*|*Taieu|Grand Palace*|The Garden Of*|*Temenos*|*Apollyon*">
<equip when="midcast">
<hands>Mst.Cst. Bracelets</hands>
</equip>
<addtochat Color="204" when="midcast">
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . - - Equipped Master Caster Bracelet's - - . . . . . . . . . . . . . . </addtochat>
</if>
</if>
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-03-28 16:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

well you dont need to have signet be able to get the effect. So i would remove that buffactive check on the first line.

Is Region an internal variable of the spellcast or is it one you made? How do you manage it between IN and OUT? I would remove that advanced comparison on the second line to check if it would work at least for those areas you stated in Area.

Edit: now if the Region variable is managed by the spellcast i see no reason why this wouldnt work. Maybe you didnt have signet/sanction/sigil active as they are shown as condiction for you to equip the hand on the first line. Ah yes, maybe accessing region with % instead of $ and using == isntead of = for the comparison.

so the second line would be something like this:
<if Mode="OR" advanced='"%Region"=="OUT"' Area="Dynamis*|*Taieu|Grand Palace*|The Garden Of*|*Temenos*|*Apollyon*">
 Phoenix.Sector
By Phoenix.Sector 2010-03-28 16:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

That was something i got off the forums on the windower site, but i just checked the windower site for variables and region is not in there anywhere.

The guy who posted it in the forums said he uses that exact one and it works fine for him...

Anyone know of one that works that you personally use?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-28 16:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

$Region is a personally defined variable

If you add <var name="Region">OUT</var> into your <variables></variables> section, you should be good for that part.

%Region isn't a spellcast defined variable, so it won't be able to work out what that is~
 Phoenix.Sector
By Phoenix.Sector 2010-03-28 16:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So all i need to change is to put <var name="Regioin">OUT</var> into my variables section?
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-03-28 16:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
<hands>Mst.Cst. Bracelets</hands>

meebe add the space?

Mst. Cst. Bracelets

i use this
Code

<if Area="Al'Taieu|Grand Palace of Hu'Xzoi|The Garden of Ru'Hmet">
<if Skill="ElementalMagic|EnfeeblingMagic">
<action type="equip" when="precast|midcast|aftercast">
<hands lock="yes">Master Caster's Bracelets</hands>
</action>
<action type="changelock" slot="hands" lock="yes" />
</if>
</if>
 Phoenix.Sector
By Phoenix.Sector 2010-03-28 16:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no space... ive already checked that. In the game in your item inventory its Mst.Cst. Bracelets

Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-28 16:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sector said:
So all i need to change is to put <var name="Regioin">OUT</var> into my variables section?

Should be it yeah, though I personally just have mine put in 100% of the time while I don't have any other Enfeebling+ gloves atm for BLM. When I get oracle's I'll toss my MCB's and use Oracles full time.
 Phoenix.Sector
By Phoenix.Sector 2010-03-28 16:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Krazy your's worked just fine :)

And thanks Hite for ur help as well
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-03-28 17:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

there is no reason to even use that variable then. Unless you manage it making a list of where it changes to IN and OUT. Dont know any way to do it automatically, and if you are doing it manually, why do it at all? lol

Sector i advise you try out Krazyrs code and see it works out for you. Or chance your advanced to the one i posted: advanced='"%Region"=="OUT"'
cause i think the one you currently use doesnt work on the most recent version of spellcast. Which version you use anyway?

edit:
cool then^^
Phoenix.Sector said:
Thanks Krazy your's worked just fine :)

And thanks Hite for ur help as well