Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » Iron ingot desynth recepie
Iron ingot desynth recepie
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-03-19 20:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not too familiar with desynths for iron/steel ingots. I'd be 60+1 smithing, does anyone know a good desynth I could do that lvl for a lot of iron/steel ingots?
 Ragnarok.Mryumyums
Server: Ragnarok
user: MrYumYums
By Ragnarok.Mryumyums 2010-03-19 20:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well as for right at 60, I do not know any desynths for iron/steel ingots, so if you are looking for skill ups this wont help, as for just getting iron/steel ingots off any synth, goblin helms are like a lvl20 desynth, NQ bronze, HQ1 iron, HQ2-3 steel
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-03-19 20:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, im 100+3 alchemy looking to make iron/steel bullets so just need a desynth.

I'll give that a try, thanks!
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-03-19 20:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just look up iron/steel ingot on here and scroll through the recipes, it'll show you all the desynths.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-03-19 20:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but thats like 100 something recepies ._.
 Ragnarok.Mryumyums
Server: Ragnarok
user: MrYumYums
By Ragnarok.Mryumyums 2010-03-19 20:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, also another desynth for iron ingots, if you have leathercraft up any, lvl13 LC desynth, leather belt HQ2 gives iron ingot, HQ3 gives iron ingotx2, or so says wiki...worth a try!
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2010-03-19 21:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Iron_Ingot#Obtained_From_Desynthesis
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Steel_Ingot#Obtained_From_Desynthesis
 Bismarck.Aryden
Server: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-03-20 17:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Your best bet is gob helms. But they arent always readily available. Leather belts from south sandy gives iron and sheep leather. I have always profited from a desynth session on those, usually coming out with several stacks of iron and leather. Seel the leather to pay for crystals and belts and youre golden.
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2010-03-22 21:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leather belt is the easiest way to get the iron. However, the amount of time you'll end up spending on it takes so damn long it's usually just more reasonable to hit the smithing guild when it's at lowest (2,700g/per).

For steel, it's better to actually just make them. Since you're high enough up, I'd do 4x iron ore, where the hq = steel. You can desynth the gobbie parts too, but the break rate is so high that you'll end up spending too much doing it that way.

If you are ok with both iron and steel, imo the best use of time & gil would be to do 4x iron ore synth, again buying from smithing guild. Unlimited supply, price never goes up.
 Alexander.Varistor
Server: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-03-22 21:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Mithano said:
Leather belt is the easiest way to get the iron. However, the amount of time you'll end up spending on it takes so damn long it's usually just more reasonable to hit the smithing guild when it's at lowest (2,700g/per). For steel, it's better to actually just make them. Since you're high enough up, I'd do 4x iron ore, where the hq = steel. You can desynth the gobbie parts too, but the break rate is so high that you'll end up spending too much doing it that way. If you are ok with both iron and steel, imo the best use of time & gil would be to do 4x iron ore synth, again buying from smithing guild. Unlimited supply, price never goes up.

Unlimited supply yes, but the price goes up the next business day depending on how much you bought the previous day. Then it drops if nothing was bought the previous day until back to the usual price of 675 gil. didn't know about the leather belt, though. thx for the info. I usually do orc helms and pauldrons, and mamool helms but not sure if 60+1 can do those since i am above that. hope that helps.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [549 days between previous and next post]
By Nabis 2011-09-22 17:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

lvl 1 kunai desynth
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-09-22 17:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

------------------->
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-09-22 17:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

*** me. Nabis....just why...
By daisythunder 2011-10-19 15:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

desynth claymores - purchased in south sandoria or the smith shop in mhaura if the prices are inflated. claymore desynth can = 3 iron ingots per crystal.. with lethian's current crystal prices it may be a much better option to hunt fire elementals for cluster drops. leather belts are cheap but do you really want to break 12 leather belts with 12 lightning crystals for 12 ingots. or break 12 claymores for 36 ingots. (well you probably break synth half of them and make 24 ingots realisticly.) stacking furniture for break synthing. set up 1 heavy lightning piece in moghouse to give desynthesis when your breaking stuff and then switch back to fire energy when your smithing... and as a 68 smith the road ahead is expensive.. save pennys when you can.