Leviathan: Expect More Of This...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Remora » Leviathan: Expect more of this...
Leviathan: Expect more of this...
 Remora.Mataniah
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Mataniah
By Remora.Mataniah 2010-03-01 21:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to point out something to the Server Leviathan.
Granted each server has its asshats and those whom love to see(or hear if on vent) them selves speak in-game no matter what it is (trying to put it lightly as possible).

As many agree or could disagree (yes some would) That any personal feelings, thoughts and so on is just that, a personal thing. i'm not questioning why anyone would or should express such if its good or bad. a like or a dislike and i know most of us just laugh it off.

Now we all do things in our idle time while playing FFXI. idle time being waiting for a pt or a group event to pick up from shout or whatever the case may be. In my idle time, Considering FFXI is my first actual MMO. I like to try to understand why people put up with the non-sense that comes out of others? Granted i ramble on about my opinions on a blog or to people i know in-game and out because frankly, we talk about everything. Now why would anyone wanna start something via shout and not finish it? They can't say "Its a waste of my time" or "That person not worth it" because if that was true, why did they speak up in the first place? While these questions can be answered with simple logic or excuses.

My real question is...
Why does everyone in the game put up and tolerate such non-sense?

Granted the game can't be put in with better people personality wise and we all have goals to achive and reasons to be proud but why do we as people, players of the game, tolerate the asshats that speak openly and downly towards another person with no real reason what so ever?

"Just because i don't like that person, imma go and speak about them openly but i can't clearly identify why i dislike this person" is the impression i get when someone does it. That to be the thought that runs through their head. Am i wrong? Have you done this at least once? I sure have.
Back when i was new and i stop seeing people as just players of the game and started seeing them as people with actual feelings. Not just some random joe blow, hi and bye deal.

While i could sit here and post transcripts, names, etc. Whats the point? Not like anything would change and i don't really expect it either. So in the end...

Why?

Leviathan, I have visited your server as a guest and the people i met were all very friendly and at most, mature about everything (Maybe it was the lack of kiddies on that server) but i won't be joining as my main with the merge from Remora. It just isn't worth it. I could explain why but that a whole post for another time (a real long one) but most likely be on my blog.
 Fenrir.Shambo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-01 21:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

oh yesuh OH YES OH YES!!
[+]
By Choisya 2010-03-01 21:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Now do you see why he got kicked from Destinyfighters? !!!!!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-03-01 22:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

k thats nice
[+]
 Remora.Jax
user: Jax
By Remora.Jax 2010-03-09 13:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

OP: WTF are you even talking about? Were you drunk or something?
[+]
By Remora.Morbidthrasher 2010-03-09 13:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vincentius
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Vincentius 2010-03-09 13:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta say, OP's right. Sorry this thread got filled with trolls, but it's what the "cool kids" are doing these days. Unintelligible responses that aren't relevant to the thread.

Considering what you're bitching about, kinda ironic, no?
[+]
 Fairy.Tedwardian
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Tedwardian 2010-03-09 14:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

are you asking why people talk ***in /shout and other people don't jump in and defend you?
hold on.. i need to read that again.
hmmm. ok. i understand the whole were all real people thing but its the internet.
point blank period.
of course you are going to have to put up with people's strong opinions about stupid ***,
if you want to know why most people don't call "them" on it... its because
Remora.Mataniah said:
"Its a waste of my time" or "That person not worth it"
unless your a drama queen and you feel like you need to voice your opinion as well,
do you.
i personally very rarely get involved with *** because idgaf, i'm on the game to have fun
and kick it with my folks. some people are on for that, as well as pissing off other gamers.
to each their own.
normally i reserve my posts for silly comments about stupid ***but this one...
yeah, its the *** internet.
[+]
 Remora.Fable
user: Mindfux
By Remora.Fable 2010-03-09 18:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao...who *** cares? its a game..and the beauty of it being just a game is, when i turn my game off, you go away..

and im pretty sure thats what the blacklist is for? if you dont want to deal with said "asshats", blacklist them lol

i use /blist add in real life all the time

but this is the same kid that got kicked from DestinyFighters because he made a corny joke and thought that was the reason, then found out it was because nobody liked him...

while i'm not clowning on you, it seems you have a reputation
[+]
 Remora.Ganon
By Remora.Ganon 2010-03-09 18:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Mataniah said:
Why?
would you say any of this when everyone already knows that people are out for themselves? lol. We put up with it because there's nothing we can do. Kind of a random post on your part I guess but hey that's your freedom. But yeah, it's obvious that people are douches. You just have to ignore those players and try to focus on the people who you're closer to. At least, that's what I think everyone else does...

[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-03-09 18:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Fable said:
lmao...who *** cares? its a game..and the beauty of it being just a game is, when i turn my game off, you go away.

and im pretty sure thats what the blacklist is for? if you dont want to deal with said "asshats", blacklist them lol

QFT.

I guess some people feel better about themselves for making 'Player Warning' threads.

If someone is a bad player and/or an *** to people, word will get around on it's on own without making a thread that say 'hey guys, player X hurt my feelings, you all should hate him now.'
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-03-09 18:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed, however really douchebag things should be told about I think.

Or else most of the decent people won't know because they don't listen to the garbage of ffxi. They go on their own way until they see that person...

"oh hey its XXX, that person actually wiped the party twice in ISNM, {Party, thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass.}
 Remora.Jax
user: Jax
By Remora.Jax 2010-03-09 19:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

He's whining about people being jerks in shout. I blisted him a couple years ago because he's always being a jerk in shouts and I got sick of seeing him. I'm confused as to what the purpose of this post is.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [183 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Raborn
user: Raborn
By Leviathan.Raborn 2010-09-08 20:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Purpose is if you start a fight make sure you know what that purpose is and follow it through until the end.

AKA- I hate Swoosh because he cheated, stole, and bought Gil a few years ago and I will go on hating him until I see a change in his overall character and an apology on his part for making the game a shittier place.

Not that I hate Jek just because Jek is Jek.

Or Assuming you know something about someone just because you hear about it from one person.

This appeals to the ehical aspect of humans, however the internet has no ethics as explained earlier in posts.

The bottom line is the internet gives you the power to hide behind whatever veil you choose and noone can do anything about it so noone gives a ***.

Except for those like Mat who have an ethical code that transcends this generation's "superiority degression."
 Leviathan.Skeezix
user: Skeezix
By Leviathan.Skeezix 2010-09-17 21:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

ooooo you have a blog /worship Mataniah