Forum » FFXI » NMs » Arthro problems
Arthro problems
 Fairy.Disc
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: disc
By Fairy.Disc 2010-01-06 21:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, i've been camping King Arthro tentatively the past week or so and I have run into a few problems lately. The wiki says the Knight Crabs are supposed to pop at around 21h+5min-24h+5mins after the last Arthro dies, yes? It doesn't seem to have worked for me. I recently got the ToD a few days back, which was 10:31 AM. I then took this ToD and added 21 hours and 5 minutes to it, which gave me 7:36 PM for when the windows open. At that time, I logged back in, and camped it. At 12:36 PM I had just about given up, and at 1 AM I logged off, but kept a mule there just incase.

I woke up the day after and saw that the Knights had spawned at 6:20~ AM (That was when someone had first performed an action on one of them.), which was really confusing for me. Shouldn't the crabs have spawned within that 7:36 ~ 11:36 time period that I was there? (This should hold true to the wiki of 21.5~24.5 hrs respawn.) Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong here?

This was just a few days ago, so i'm trying to get the right ToD again so I can get back on track, the whole thing though was really confusing for me, since this is my first time camping him.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-06 21:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Either
A) You recorded ToD incorrectly
B) Maintenance happened between your ToD to screw up what you recorded
C) Glitch

Wiki is correct, pick your A B or C
 Shiva.Ninaa
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Ninaa 2010-01-06 21:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

10:30 am + 21 hours is 7:30 am. is that what you meant? looks to me like you were way early, unless that's a typo.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-06 21:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

D)
Shiva.Ninaa said:
10:30 am 21 hours is 7:30 am. is that what you meant? looks to me like you were way early, unless that's a typo.
 Fairy.Disc
By Fairy.Disc 2010-01-06 21:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I may have messed up AM/PM rules when appending the 21 hours in. But if the video was supposed to open at ~7:30, why did the Knight Crabs spawn an hour earlier (6:20)? I was using timestamp ingame to record the time it died, which means I was using a 24 hour clock, did I need to subtract an hour because of 0:00? Also, is it normal for the knights to respawn so quickly into the window or was it just luck?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-06 21:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Random. even chance to pop at any window during the 3hr main window.

Not sure what you did with timestamp rly but yea wiki is right w/ the pop time. Gl, easy solo on mnk/dnc. I went 1/2
[+]
 Fairy.Disc
By Fairy.Disc 2010-01-06 21:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess i'll try again then when I get the next ToD. Thanks for the help.
 Quetzalcoatl.Gavvy
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kumbai
By Quetzalcoatl.Gavvy 2010-01-06 22:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like any king, has 30min windows, but they are offset by 5mins from the 21hr mark~

And yeah, what the big sexy black man said.
 Titan.Genarf
Server: Titan
user: Genarf
By Titan.Genarf 2010-01-06 22:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i have a Vbelt so ive done my fair share of camping this is what i noticed

can pop up to 15mins pre when window should be and up to 15 mins after window.

From when body fades is ToD +21hrs w/ 30 min windows +/- 15 mins so should have only 2 more windows then normal. 15 before suspected window and 15 after i went 1/1 when i killed him but i use to camp for easy money and dual box kill so ive killed him maybe 30 times and that 15 mins seems to be dead on.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Server: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-01-06 23:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:

Not sure what you did with timestamp rly but yea wiki is right w/ the pop time. Gl, easy solo on mnk/dnc. I went 1/2

wrong ENK *buzzard sound
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-06 23:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

wrong ENK *buzzard sound
Explain how I'm wrong.
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2010-01-06 23:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

He's a troll, who knows alot about nothing.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-01-06 23:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto when you say easy solo as mnk/dnc, you mean your average mnk, or your mnk? Iv'e been thinking of camping myself on mnk/dnc, my gear is about average I would say. shura togi, bron belt rajas etc. with a decent chakra and counter build. You think I would stand a chance against it?
From what i understand it's more of a time issue than survival issue, but never fought it myself.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-01-06 23:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Average should be fine tbh. Its a lv 50something mob. Just get signet and wear as much haste as you can. I didn't even gear for eva tbh.
eat meat
 Seraph.Tankjr
Server: Seraph
user: Tankjr
By Seraph.Tankjr 2010-01-07 01:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Genarf said:
i have a Vbelt so ive done my fair share of camping this is what i noticed

can pop up to 15mins pre when window should be and up to 15 mins after window.

From when body fades is ToD 21hrs w/ 30 min windows /- 15 mins so should have only 2 more windows then normal. 15 before suspected window and 15 after i went 1/1 when i killed him but i use to camp for easy money and dual box kill so ive killed him maybe 30 times and that 15 mins seems to be dead on.

This man speaks the truth. But I personally have witnesses knight crabs popping up to 30 minutes after 24 hours + 5 minutes. In before POIDH. I camped him countless times between 2005 and 2007 and I have the oldest v.belt on Seraph. I'm not blowing smoke up your ***, KA has wonky windows
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-03-01 01:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never noticed anything like that.

I've always seen it pop within the same 21hr 5min ~ 24hr 5min window, in standard 30min mini-windows.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-03-01 01:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno where some of these people get their info... >.>

I've camped the thing a TON (and yes, I have a V.belt) and have never, not once, seen it spawn outside of it's 3 hour window. Not 15 minutes early, not 30 minutes early, not 30 minutes late.

It's just like every other Zilart king, meaning it has 7 windows in 30 minute intervals for a 3 hour period. No more, no less. There is no random chance for this. Anyone who has "experienced" otherwise more than likely just didnt know the correct time of death.

The wiki is correct, window opens 21 hours and 5 minutes after last time of death. This is the point in when the Knights will have their first opportunity to spawn that day. Easiest way I know of to determine when the following window will open is to take your current ToD, subtract three hours, then add five minutes. That should give you the correct time to be there the next day. (For example, if your current ToD is 7:00 pm, subtract three hours to give you 4:00 pm, then add five minutes to get 4:05 pm - 4:05 pm is when your window opens)
[+]