Forum » FFXI » Servers » Midgardsormr » Question for EGLS on Midgard
Question for EGLS on Midgard
 Midgardsormr.Maleficus
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Maleficus
By Midgardsormr.Maleficus 2009-12-14 20:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Any LS's recruiting atm that does low man endgame events. Things such as sky, sea, ZNMs, and limbus? I don't really wanna get into the drama that normally comes with the big shells and low man imo is just alot more fun. I'm a competent player that has done all forms of endgame. I have brd, rng, blu and working on thf. just posting this in the hopes that some lowman shells out there notices it and lets me join their ranks.
 Midgardsormr.Renala
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2009-12-14 22:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Maleficus said:
Any LS's recruiting atm that does low man endgame events. Things such as sky, sea, ZNMs, and limbus? I don't really wanna get into the drama that normally comes with the big shells and low man imo is just alot more fun. I'm a competent player that has done all forms of endgame. I have brd, rng, blu and working on thf. just posting this in the hopes that some lowman shells out there notices it and lets me join their ranks.

Hm, I dunno any off hand that are, but out of your list I'd say brd would be your main always thing. DD isn't usualy needed unless geared threw the teeth, unless your thfs like, 67-75, then it could be powered the last little bit. Um, I'd try and keep an eye on "Most view LS" thing on the main site; commonly EGLS's on that(How I found mine).

As for low man and endgame, Well, I'd support it and also say no to it.

Yes:
-Lower people
-More chance on items
-More of a friendly envornment, aka, less drama

No:
-HNM and rage timers.
-Less man power IF something goes wrong.
-Outclaimed(Again, HNM)
-Ext

GL on finding a shell though, I like midgar overall, drama put aside(EVen if its humorous >.>)
 Midgardsormr.Maleficus
By Midgardsormr.Maleficus 2009-12-15 02:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ive done the whole big endgame thing with almost all well known past and present shells. i dont give a damn about kings (honestly sick of them) and if a good lowman shell knows what they are doing its so much more fun that taking 20 ppl to somewhere like sky and being bored outa your mind. i used to do the lowman thing in sky and have personally killed all nms with 2-3 ppl and gods with <6 everytime (-kirin) same with limbus. i was just hoping that somewhere on here someone felt the same as i did. all my jobs are fully merited and my blu and rng are equal in str as my brd is (been asked to come blu over brd multiple times which i find funny =P) but yea i know OMGWTF BRD COME THAT is the most common response ^^
 Midgardsormr.Dominionix
By Midgardsormr.Dominionix 2009-12-15 03:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Mal,

I've met you a couple of times in game, and your FFXIAH profile says you are NA, so assuming you are looking for a linkshell on that timezone we may be an option for you.

We are certainly not a "low-man linkshell", so if that is specifically what you want, we may not be what you are looking for. That being said, we do take part in all of the events you mentioned, as well as a lot more.

If the low-man is more because you don't want a large queue for gear, then I can tell you that almost all of the gear for the jobs you have, inclusive of Northlands and stuff that would be of use in Sky goes to the floor or for minimal points as most members already have it. The only things I would consider to have "reasonable queues" are Kirin and Sea drops. Limbus gear always has a slight queue, but we usually tackle at least 2 zones at a time (normally taking 6-8 at most in to a zone) so Omega's / Ultima's are frequent, and it doesn't take long to see drops. Furthermore, we are very much "drama free" and leaders will ensure we stay that way.

Feel free to have a look at the members list, see if there is anyone you know and please by all means ask any of the members for their opinion on the linkshell.

Can check us out / apply at www.defiancelinkshell.com, but if we're not what you're after then best of luck in your search! ^^

Dom
 Midgardsormr.Maleficus
By Midgardsormr.Maleficus 2009-12-15 04:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

the biggest thing about low man is that the time restraints arent as bad. I'm currently employed fulltime and tackling around 21 hours of school. I don't wanna join up with a huge shell and gather the points with the little time i have off for the holidays, then get kicked or some other *** being brought up that i dont attend events due to rl. (trust me its happened to me numerous times)
 Midgardsormr.Dominionix
By Midgardsormr.Dominionix 2009-12-15 04:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

We have a minimum attendance policy on lotting, which is very low:

- Our "main" linkshell points (which are used for Sky, Sea, and Dynamis) require only a 25% attendance to allow you to lot. This percentage is calculated over the previous 3 months, but all events (even those which don't use the points system and run on a YOYD basis such as ZNM / KS99 / Force-Pop NMs etc) contribute towards your attendance percentage (as we consider you showing to any event helping and therefore look to reward you for it). So maintaining that 25% is very easy.
- Limbus is slightly higher, at 40% attendance.
- Einherjar is done with another linkshell, and uses a different system.

We do however ask that for Sea, Sky, and Dynamis you attend if you are online at the time of the event.
 Midgardsormr.Maleficus
By Midgardsormr.Maleficus 2009-12-15 17:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

if im not mistaken Defiance is old Ishtarr, and if thats the case thanks but no thanks. not a big fan running with Genjiking or Starbrite and most of old Ishtarr. guess if im going to find what im looking for ill need to swap servers but thanks anyways
 Midgardsormr.Dominionix
By Midgardsormr.Dominionix 2009-12-16 02:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

No worries, all the best!