First Page 2 3 4 5
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-27 22:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt 1 evasion = .5% evade rate... Anyone with FFXI calc and half a brain can tell you that.
So 2 Evasian = +1% evasion rate AGL go verse mobs DEX, and since 2 dex is +1 ACC(.5hit rate)(onehanded) it stands to reason 2 agl is .5 evasion rate .5 parry rate.5 shield block rate. Those I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt.
As far as evasion skill I donno how to test/proove that but i highly suspect skill=evasion 1-200. and 201+ skill =.9 evasion so +.45 evasion rate. Like I said I donno for sure about the skill but it makes perfect sense. so easiest way to think about it is 10evasion skill is as good as 9 straight evasion at high levels.

so 4agl=2evasion=2skill=1 evade rate 1-199 skill
4agl=2evasion=2~3skill(depending on total skill)= 1 evade rate 201+
Oh ***! Go update the Wiki then since you can prove it without a shadow of a doubt. >.>
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-27 23:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

well I'd hate to post something like that and be wrong... I'm almost 100% certain though and I think I'm probably right was waiting for some feedback. maybe beyond a shadow of a doubt is a little too strong ><;
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-27 23:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
well I'd hate to post something like that and be wrong... I'm almost 100% certain though and I think I'm probably right was waiting for some feedback. maybe beyond a shadow of a doubt is a little too strong ><;
Maybe it was. Because beyond a shadow of a doubt implies that you have parses proving this. Which you don't and which it wouldn't.

1 Evasion vs a Bunny in E.Ronfaure would be a lot different than 1 Evasion vs Absolute Virtue. There is no logical way you can say 1 Evasion = .5% evade rate.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-27 23:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

yes actually there is 1 evasion is .5 evade rate it wouldnt do ***on a bunny because your evasion would be capped. And it would give you .5 evade on absolute vtra unless his acc was past cap on you it will always give you .5 evade rate. please if you do not have a clue what you are saying just dont.

go ahead and download a little something called ffxi calc. or look this ***up on bg forums 1 evasion is .5 evade rate.

and no i once agian take it back i know that ***i said about evasion and agl beyond a shadow of a doubt.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-27 23:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
yes actually there is 1 evasion is .5 evade rate it wouldnt do ***on a bunny because your evasion would be capped. And it would give you .5 evade on absolute vtra unless his acc was past cap on you it will always give you .5 evade rate. please if you do not have a clue what you are saying just dont.
Oh my bad dude. I'll stop posting. →
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-28 00:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It actually would be very easy to prove. Go up to various mobs parse how often they miss you and add 1evasion/skill/agi at a time and see what happens. Make sure to get decent sample sizes each time. Compare results
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-28 00:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I wouldn't assume defensive skills work the same as offensive ones. I mean parrying and shield block are way different lol. And in a sense you'd almost think it might work the opposite...
 Ifrit.Showmo
Server: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2009-11-28 00:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Until there are actual data parses I wouldn't jump to conclusions by saying the evasion system works exactly like the accuracy system (1 skill = 0.9 over 200, etc)

The magic accuracy system was assumed to work just like accuracy but it was finally proven to be completely different (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Magic_Accuracy) Who knows, maybe the evasion system can be something completely different from both formulas

Dasva also has a good point
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Also I wouldn't assume defensive skills work the same as offensive ones. I mean parrying and shield block are way different lol. And in a sense you'd almost think it might work the opposite...
[+]
By Alaik 2009-11-28 02:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vegetto said:
Go run parse on your evasion rate, you won't tell a difference between the two, promise.

Ignore all of the people trying to get half hearted math, to date there are way too many variables and no one has spent the time to parse. (And to even call it an accurate parse, you would have to parse 1,000+ rounds on variable gears, on variable mobs, using a naked elvaan as a control!)
You won't see a difference, tried it.
Get what gives the most, and weigh in the other stats. For instance, the boots that give parry as well as evasion, might be worth your money than dance shoes, yet war gloves might be better than patrician's cuffs.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-28 02:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Theoretically, the reason why EVA skill is better than base EVA:

Level correction function. While 1 EVA skill technically means +0.9 EVA, every 1 level your target goes up, your Evasion gets docked 4 points, but Evasion skill is immune to Level Correction.

What that means is that if you had +50 EVA and +30 skill fighting a LV82 NM, your +50 EVA is more like +22 EVA, whereas your +30 skill still equates to 27 EVA overall.

In summary, EVA skill > EVA if you're fighting mobs higher level than you. And you really shouldn't be using EVA gear in the first place if you're fighting something lower level.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-28 07:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

no
[+]
 Diabolos.Otahar
Server: Diabolos
user: Takustar
By Diabolos.Otahar 2009-11-28 07:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Think its safe to say, no one knows how it really works. But you all agree that Eva skill is better than Eva
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-28 07:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Theoretically, the reason why EVA skill is better than base EVA:

Level correction function. While 1 EVA skill technically means 0.9 EVA, every 1 level your target goes up, your Evasion gets docked 4 points, but Evasion skill is immune to Level Correction.

What that means is that if you had 50 EVA and 30 skill fighting a LV82 NM, your 50 EVA is more like 22 EVA, whereas your 30 skill still equates to 27 EVA overall.

In summary, EVA skill > EVA if you're fighting mobs higher level than you. And you really shouldn't be using EVA gear in the first place if you're fighting something lower level.
wut? your total evade rate is what gets docked, not just your evasion. If you're wearing no evasion+ gear and your evade rate is 70% and you gt hit w/ 2 lvs of correlation, your evade rate is going down to 62% just the same as if you built your way up to 70% evade rate on just evasion+ gear you'd get docked the same amount of evade rate.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-28 12:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You all need to stop rating me down for putting good in formation when you have no clue what you are talking about.

Vegetto has the right idea It takes from your total evasion not just evade gear but 2 level penalty is 8 evasion (4% evade rate) so 66 evasion rate not 62%.

I say yet again 2 evasion = 1% evade rate
4 agl = 1% evade rate

I'm not going to go into skill because i cannot be certain.

Now I ask that someone provides something to prove me wrong instead of rating me down when I am putting up solid information.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2009-11-28 12:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

From my own experience, it completely depends on the mob you are fighting. If I am gathering a bunch of low level mobs on my thf, I will pile the +evasion. If I am farming anything T+, I stack evasion skill. It seems raising your evasion cap for higher level mobs "seems" to work better.

As I stated, this is just from my experience, my opinion. I have no data to back this up.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-28 12:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well leave your opinion out because I have data to back up what I am saying.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-28 12:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:

You do? Then why haven't you shared it yet? :o
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
Server: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2009-11-28 12:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn woo beat me to it ><
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-28 12:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
Damn woo beat me to it ><

You snooze, you lose! <3
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-28 20:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

im at work now ill elaborate tomorrow when i get off
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2009-11-28 23:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:

Yeah, let's see it smartass.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-29 00:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nevill said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

Bismarck.Maxse said:
 Bahamut.Lithanye
Server: Bahamut
user: Lithanye
By Bahamut.Lithanye 2009-11-29 00:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I would say, from my own experience, that Evasion skill+ is better, but that would be through my own experience of playing the game in general, not spending hours testing between 1 point differences in AGI, Eva, and Eva skill. I would have to say you should test it out of yourself and come up with an answer, since it's something the general public is still a little hazy with on how it all works out.

Also, I don't know why that guy's all in a knot, but, okay. Whatever floats his boat. Just see for yourself what works for you. ^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-29 01:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nevill said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
What about before lol? When you could prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt? Unless you've been at work for 24 hours straight...
[+]
 Bahamut.Lithanye
Server: Bahamut
user: Lithanye
By Bahamut.Lithanye 2009-11-29 01:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
What about before lol? When you could prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt? Unless you've been at work for 24 hours straight...

No, wait, yeah... I have to ask about that, too, Dasva. Although the general populus seems to have a hazy outlook towards all of this evasion blather, why do you, Maxse, seem to bash every other person's idea and opinion as to how it works, and boast yours without the supporting evidence? What do you mean you get off of work 'tomorrow'? Are you an intern that actually has the time and capability to hole up in the staff fridge with a laptop just to press your own opinions without substantial evidence?

Do you have documented experiments or parsing, videos, screenshots, and mathematical equations that've been proven true to back you up? Before you make such wild statements and accuse others of being false, my friend, you should check your own standing and not take such drastic steps without solid ground to stand on.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-29 08:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lithanye said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

No, wait, yeah... I have to ask about that, too, Dasva. Although the general populus seems to have a hazy outlook towards all of this evasion blather, why do you, Maxse, seem to bash every other person's idea and opinion as to how it works, and boast yours without the supporting evidence? What do you mean you get off of work 'tomorrow'? Are you an intern that actually has the time and capability to hole up in the staff fridge with a laptop just to press your own opinions without substantial evidence?

Do you have documented experiments or parsing, videos, screenshots, and mathematical equations that've been proven true to back you up? Before you make such wild statements and accuse others of being false, my friend, you should check your own standing and not take such drastic steps without solid ground to stand on.

I am not bashing everyone's opinions for the most part im saying the same thing as Hypnotizd and Veggeto is and hes usually 100% on point and well respected from what ive seen... i just elaborated more than him. Today I plan to do a parse thats why I said wait till tomorrow so just give me a bit ;x.
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:

Yes Was at work for 24 hours(army) that comment was made on my lunch break.
Ill be doing a parse today and post my results when I'm done.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-29 08:54:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly though I don't why I have to prove anything it's all posted on wiki already as far as evasion and agl goes. Which are the only 2 I was trying to prove. I said I was assuming evasion skill worked same as combat skills.

Hit Rate Shows that 1 acc is .5 hit rate so of course 1 evasion is .5 evade rate.

EvasionShows that 2 agl = 1 evasion.

Going to parse skill soon let me know if there is anything else I missed.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2009-11-29 10:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Man it's only reasonable that evasion skill works like weapon type skills. Analogy is the name for that. Many problems are solved and proved thru analogy. There is no reason evasion doesnt work like acc. Actually, if something needs to be proved is the fact that evasion doesn't work like acc. So if no one can prove to me that evasion doesn't work like acc, i'll be here still using my musical + elusive combo on my evasion set.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2009-11-29 10:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw im not sure what points im making people are disagreeing with unless its all of them. Can you guys tell me what you are questioning so I can show you proof lol.
Remora.Laphine said:
Man it's only reasonable that evasion skill works like weapon type skills. Analogy is the name for that. Many problems are solved and proved thru analogy. There is no reason evasion doesnt work like acc. Actually, if something needs to be proved is the fact that evasion doesn't work like acc. So if no one can prove to me that evasion doesn't work like acc, i'll be here still using my musical elusive combo on my evasion set.

Completely agree with than but instead of assuming ill check it out shouldn't take too long.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2009-11-29 10:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

and now that thing about evasion skill not being factored to level correlation is completely crazy. Still applying analogy. ACC from weapon skill still has dues with level correlation, why would evasion skill not? I never heard something like that, and doesn't make any kind of sense.

Maxse was on the mark from his post 1. And everyone should follow those rules until the moment that someone actually proves otherwise.