Forum » FFXI » NMs » Pulling the Plug ENM
Pulling the Plug ENM
 Hades.Aerogon
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Aerogon
By Hades.Aerogon 2009-11-27 14:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else notice that the MRs in this ENM constantly spam empty seed as opposed to before when there was a break in between the use of the ability? I used to duo this easily with a MNK buddy and the last two runs have been unbeatable because of the empty seed spam. Made a GM call and they said it probably was not a bug.
[+]
 Ifrit.Clouse
Server: Ifrit
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-11-27 14:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Aerogon said:
Anyone else notice that the MRs in this ENM constantly spam empty seed as opposed to before when there was a break in between the use of the ability? I used to duo this easily with a MNK buddy and the last two runs have been unbeatable because of the empty seed spam. Made a GM call and they said it probably was not a bug.

I duo this with a friend, and our last run was a bit more difficult, though we still won.

Brothers ENM is alot harder also. where as the rdm could solo the small one with chainspell, he used chainspell and I as blm used all my MP nuking and it still had 30% hp. He duo'd it with another friend (a much better blm, sorc ring etc) and they had the same problem.
 Hades.Lisamarie
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Lisamarie 2009-11-27 15:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I only had one problem with empty seed spam in the 4 months I've been doing it. It seems random.

About Brothers, don't forget they can cure themselves. If you bind them chances they'll use cure gets higher.
 Ifrit.Clouse
Server: Ifrit
user: Clouse
By Ifrit.Clouse 2009-11-27 15:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Lisamarie said:
Well I only had one problem with empty seed spam in the 4 months I've been doing it. It seems random.

About Brothers, don't forget they can cure themselves. If you bind them chances they'll use cure gets higher.

yeah we've done the ENM's countless times and never had this problem, dispel shell and stun the cures is the blm job, rdm nukes it down.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-27 15:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

People have problems with empty seed?
This is news to me.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Vincentius
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Vincentius 2009-11-27 16:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's called gear swapping to avoid the knockback. Come on now. I don't do it unless the seeds get spread out as to not all be at once, which has happened. Do I lose because of it? No.
 Hades.Aerogon
By Hades.Aerogon 2009-11-27 16:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the GM said the mobs randomly change the way they attack, etc. to keep the fight fresh. These last 2 runs for me though the empty seed was spammed constantly, which is why I thought it could be a bug. We couldn't even get close to the MRs, except when draw in was used, but almost immediately after that it was empty seed again so no luck. Was just curious if anyone else encountered the same problem, and how they might have adapted their strategy to it.
 Hades.Aerogon
By Hades.Aerogon 2009-11-27 16:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I also didn't realize gear swapping avoided knockback. This is news to me and I appreciate the advice, not the sarcasm. Not everyone in this game is elite. >.>
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-27 16:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't think of them as elite though.

But as long as you got your answer, thats what you wanted, right?
 Hades.Aerogon
By Hades.Aerogon 2009-11-27 17:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah true Korpg, I guess I just find it irritating that people forget that once they didn't know either.
 Seraph.Bulleta
Server: Seraph
user: Bulleta
By Seraph.Bulleta 2009-11-28 00:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Aerogon said:
I also didn't realize gear swapping avoided knockback. This is news to me and I appreciate the advice, not the sarcasm. Not everyone in this game is elite. >.>

yeah.. Don't think of Vencentius as Elite... Think "Dousche Bag"