Extensive SMN .XML
 Fairy.Tussilo
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tussilo
By Fairy.Tussilo 2009-11-18 12:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good .XML for SMN? I'm not good enough with script yet to write my own, but I can read them to some extent. I'm looking for one that ideally does these things:

-equips different items upon summoning an avatar, specifically at certain MP amounts. IE: carby mitts, Karura Hachigane for Garuda AFTER the 30MP from Summoner's Horn +1 has been burned, and Nashira's Gages after the 25 MP on Summoner's Bracers is used.

-equips different items for Blood Pacts, again depending on MP amounts. IE: Summoning Torque after Morgana's Choker has been.... well you get where I'm going with this.

and finally ~

-equips different pieces of BP gear depending on the Ward or Rage BP used. IE: skill when it affects potency, and BP- recast when it doesn't.. etc etc.

I realize this is rather complex. Again, I'd write it all myself if I was skilled enough. Thanks again to anyone that replies!

Cheers :)
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-18 12:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

lolTussilo... Go do some research and do it yourself. Or, at least just throw on some cheap .txt scripts for each macro. The whole switch eq after 20 mp has been used is pretty lame.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-18 13:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You're getting way too good at god awful replies, Tbest.

Have you tried reading and/or posting at the windower forums, Tussilo? Their wiki also has a place for people to post and share their Spellcast XMLs so you may actually find something you can use as a shell to build your own upon. The more you can read and comprehend an existing one, the better off you'll be when you try to make edits or add things to later on, and eventually writing your own.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Aaralyn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-11-18 14:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

DAKpluto's SMN xml is the best I have been able to find. I don't know about equiping after MP. But if you have some basic understanding on XML, it shouldn't be too hard to add it in yourself.

Though, his XML is buggy for some people. I used to d/c if I was engaged to a mob with my avatar out and fighting, but I took off the lock weapon if TP is at whatever percent. That seemed to help a little, though sometimes it does still happen.
[+]
 Fairy.Tussilo
By Fairy.Tussilo 2009-11-18 14:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys. I'll check out DAKpluto's and see if I can find anything decent.

As for Tbest, the whole reason I was having these problems to begin with was because my .TXT BP macros were eliminating too much MP gear.

And FYI, I'd think being Elvaan SMN you'd find 20MP rather invaluable.

[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-18 14:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I kindof made a personal SMN and BLM combo XML hybrid.

I don't know how I did it though, but it works :D
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-18 15:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tussilo said:
Thanks guys. I'll check out DAKpluto's and see if I can find anything decent.

As for Tbest, the whole reason I was having these problems to begin with was because my .TXT BP macros were eliminating too much MP gear.

And FYI, I'd think being Elvaan SMN you'd find 20MP rather invaluable.
Yeah, because hitting an extra macro to equip something is so terribly hard... You can even set the exec with a .txt to eq it after so many seconds. You don't need a complex script to do that for you. lol

input /ma Garuda <p0>;
input /equip slot gear x12+;
pause x # of seconds;
input /equip new piece of gear;

:O So hard...

As for the Elvaan Summoner crack, I could wear no gear and still kick ***. :P
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-18 15:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

MP locks are incredibly handy while working through your MP and taking advantage of the best gear possible when the MP gaps are no longer doing you any good. Just as handy with BLU where you can start out with a set with greater max MP for initial buffs and healing, then swap into something more focused.

IT HELPS GDI.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-18 15:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
input /ma Garuda <p0>;
input /equip slot gear x12 ;
pause x # of seconds;
input /equip new piece of gear;
Doesn't work as well as a Spellcast script given that you may not be at full MP when you summon. I dunno what's eating you lately, but
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
You're getting way too good at god awful replies, Tbest.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-18 15:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it also pushes the limits of just how lazy and incompetent you can be while playing. Sure, I could go out and solo T's on my Sam/Dnc by just hitting one macro at the start of the battle and walking away... But, that's just a little too far for me. I prefer to limit myself to half a dozen lesser plugins and only using the scripts for switching out gear.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-18 15:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I only use scripts for switching gears.

Having a bot do the work for me is stupid, because I don't improve that way.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-18 15:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's ***. Anyhow, good luck, Tussilo!
[+]
 Fairy.Tussilo
By Fairy.Tussilo 2009-11-18 15:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks again guys! I'm currently modding DAKPluto's to suit my own needs/gear sets so we'll see what happens with that. Aaralynn was right on the money saying it's the best they've found so far!
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-18 15:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you need help with specifics in the XML, feel free to ask or PM. I'm not as familiar as some of the helper posts on the Windower forums, but I know a decent amount?
[+]
 Fairy.Tussilo
By Fairy.Tussilo 2009-11-18 16:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I'm having a bit of trouble. I've modified the .XML so that it uses my gear sets now. The main difference are the only +1 AF2 piece I have is head, while DAKPluto uses +1 pants, gloves, and feet. To remedy this I took out the +1s in the various gear sets. I also revamped the HMP set, and added a few more things to the healing set, but that's sort of irrelevant.

My problem is that

a) Elemental Siphon isn't equipping Summoner's Bracers;
b) I'm 'blocked' from summoning any Spirit OTHER than the one matching the day/weather (I believe this is intentional, but still sort of annoying)
c) the BPTime set doesn't seem to be functioning at all. On top of that Summoner's Bracers and Pigaches are NOT being equipped during Blood Pacts, while Summoning Torque, Sacrifice Torque etc. are.

Any ideas anyone? I've sent it to a friend moderately well versed in code and she said it looked solid.

http://pastebin.com/d16ed1a9 <--- link to .XML
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-11-18 16:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I had some same problems. I found it to be gear in other sets interfering/overriding. And yeah. That is one other thing I didn't like. I rely on spirits to save me sometimes. So the fact that when you would summon one and it would use siphon and then dismiss it screwed me over once. I don't mind that it stays to match the day. But the dismiss I hated. Just have to delete the lines that you don't like.

As for the BPtime, I'm not sure. Seems to be working fine for me.
[+]
 Fairy.Tussilo
By Fairy.Tussilo 2009-11-18 17:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I still have no idea what the problem is... Everything else seems to be working, and I even get part of the Rage/Ward sets whenever I use one. The only thing that doesn't seem to be changing are AF2 pieces. Anyone have any ideas? :/
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-11-18 17:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Try going through the rules area and see if there's anything there that needs fixing. Like, if in the sets you have Summoner's Doublet, and then somewhere in the rules you have Summoner's Doublet +1, I think that will prevent it from working.

Edit : Also make sure you have " ' " where you need them. And capitalization. Can't be summoners horn. Needs to be Summoner's horn.
[+]
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-18 17:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You spelled "Summoner's Doublet" "Summoner's Dblt." so that's why thats broken. And it should be spelled "Summoner's Pgch." not "Smn. Pigaches". Open your equipment menu and see how it's spelled there, don't guess or go off the +1 spelling and take off the +1. :x
[+]
 Fairy.Tussilo
By Fairy.Tussilo 2009-11-18 17:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Still going through it, but I was also wondering if there was a way to put in the MP% thing I originally talked about... Like using Evoker's Horn +1 for Garuda Rage BPs until that MP has been depleted, and then switching to hachigane. I think MPGT% or something is what I'd use.. but I have no idea how to implement it.
 Gilgamesh.Aaralynn
By Gilgamesh.Aaralynn 2009-11-18 18:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Um. I'm not 100% certain. Maybe something like different sets?

(edited)
Sets:
GarudaMPRage - list gear you want
BaseSet - Default (if you would need a base set? Not sure)

Rules:
Spell - Garuda(?)
or
Ability - Predator Claws|Claw|ect
Set - GarudaMPRage

Then the command for what it is you're looking for. It would probably have to be under an If file? Not sure.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-18 18:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Ninian said:
You spelled "Summoner's Doublet" "Summoner's Dblt." so that's why thats broken. And it should be spelled "Summoner's Pgch." not "Smn. Pigaches". Open your equipment menu and see how it's spelled there, don't guess or go off the 1 spelling and take off the 1. :x
Pretty sure this is what it is, Tussilo. Just read through and came to the same conclusion, so hopefully that fixes your problem. With that said, if you're just using a standard text editor, you can try out "Notepad++" to do your work in spellcast and it will also check your XML's syntax. The reason I thought to mention it is because with it you can change all of those "Dblt." entries and whatever else you need at once with the "Find All/Replace All" functions!
[+]
 Fairy.Tussilo
By Fairy.Tussilo 2009-11-18 18:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wow. I'm pretty sure Ninian has it right, now that I look at it too. That makes total sense, thank you!! (Sorry I missed your post earlier... Not sure why that happened)

And Caiyuo, I'll definitely take a look at that. I'm editing in basic Notepad right now and it's -horrible-.

Thanks very, very much guys! You've all been such a great help.
 Fairy.Tussilo
By Fairy.Tussilo 2009-11-18 19:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Update!

Fixing what I titled Summoner's Pigaches, Spats, and Bracers fixed everything. Thanks so much guys! I look forward to playing around with this .XML :)
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-18 19:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats! ANOTHER AH SUCCESS IN THE BAG. /hi5s all around.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-18 19:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tbest said:
lolTussilo... Go do some research and do it yourself. Or, at least just throw on some cheap .txt scripts for each macro. The whole switch eq after 20 mp has been used is pretty lame.

O.o Wow. Remind me never to ask Tbest a question lol.
 Remora.Ninian
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-11-18 19:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Congrats! ANOTHER AH SUCCESS IN THE BAG. /hi5s all around.

*** YEAH SEAKING! *high fives*
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-18 19:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

/facepalm

There is no escaping the pokemon nowadays. D:
 Remora.Ninian