Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-15 23:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
Quote:
Headbutt failed... but rdm has no staff skill so yeah
>.> Genbu Shield Joytoy....
No joytoy... also while slower generally for survivability using terra staff is slightly better or at least with my lol shield/parry skills. Not like I'd actually wanna melee this guy solo.... though I suppose I should've tried it on him see how strong his para is with my barblizz/barpara. Seems like it would be much easier duo maybe get a stronger slow on him since his attack speed seemed faster than normal even with slow... and then the double attack on top of that yeah.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-15 23:35:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed his attack speed increases the lower his life is.

or it could be the double attack increase lol.

Since I can kill him in less than 2 hours now (I hope, I think I got it down now) maybe I can try to kill him without taking his rage out.....

....naw, 400 per hit double attack 70~% of the time plus another 80 damage from ice spikes = possible one shot from everything but Shiva and Ifrit.

And yes, Shiva CAN get para'd. Just not as often, and doesn't proc that often either (I wish I took the SS of her getting para'd, I didn't think about it at the time lol)

Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-15 23:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I really need to finish meriting bio3 and finishing my set for this lol maybe those 20 def rings might be useful
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-15 23:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It might

Did you know that you can have Defense down AND Attack down on undead at the same time?

Banish gives an extra effect of defense down as dia, meaning Banish = Dia, Banish II = Dia II, and Banish III = Dia III in terms of defense down.

Although I doubt you would go there as RDM/WHM lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-15 23:44:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
It might Did you know that you can have Defense down AND Attack down on undead at the same time? Banish gives an extra effect of defense down as dia, meaning Banish = Dia, Banish II = Dia II, and Banish III = Dia III in terms of defense down. Although I doubt you would go there as RDM/WHM lol.
Solo hell no. As support sure... like if I had a good drg/blu to tank for me *** yeah.
 Remora.Belius
Server: Remora
user: Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-16 06:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know that about Banish.. And Das :P Told cha you're going to die.
/Nin would be pointless vs this guy. I think you should go pull the NM to deaggro area and test the enfeebs!
By Mikumaru 2009-11-16 08:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Kor , nice Guide . It's comforting to know there are other brave SMN out there willing to kill stoopid hard stuyff , just cuz we SMN can . I attempted him knowning i was gunna die just get a rough idea of what had to be done before seeing this guide . I might disagree abit on your HP guess tho . I hit it with Mountain Buster for about 790 dmg which did approx 5-7% putting its HP in the 11-15k range . It hit me for normal Melee of 350-390(yikes!!) , but since it was hitting avatars for ~180 sans En DMG i was wondering if you had played around with Avatar Def Up Equips to see if that augments Avatar DMG taken ? While there are only a few pieces that give it and they sacrifice Perp for DEF this could work out using Just Carby . i was also wondering if that 500 Flaming Crush was with Favor up since it decreases DMg output . maybe it was in the thread and i didnt see it .
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-16 10:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what would happen if I tried this PLD/DNC or/RDM or... well, I don't have /BLU, but that'd be interesting... with an Earth Staff and tanking gear? Spirit Taker for dmg/MP, and what not. Hmmmmm.... Lol, it'd be a long *** fight if anything.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-16 11:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
I wonder what would happen if I tried this PLD/DNC or/RDM or... well, I don't have /BLU, but that'd be interesting... with an Earth Staff and tanking gear? Spirit Taker for dmg/MP, and what not. Hmmmmm.... Lol, it'd be a long *** fight if anything.

That is the problem isn't it?

Can PLD lower the enspell damage? If he starts hitting for 90 dmg and double atacking often, can a PLD recover enough MP within 10 hits to cure IV themselves. If you're going to use a staff, you're going to have use /blu for the increased MP pool I'd imagine. /Dnc would not be a viable option cause it's undead and so sambas are useless and waltz's are used for instant Cures.. Nevermind the constant spike effect it has.

If you want to this guy as PLD, I'd totally thing /blu is better than /rdm/dnc and solo it would be pretty much a nightmare.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-16 11:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Mikumaru said:
Hey Kor , nice Guide . It's comforting to know there are other brave SMN out there willing to kill stoopid hard stuyff , just cuz we SMN can . I attempted him knowning i was gunna die just get a rough idea of what had to be done before seeing this guide . I might disagree abit on your HP guess tho . I hit it with Mountain Buster for about 790 dmg which did approx 5-7% putting its HP in the 11-15k range . It hit me for normal Melee of 350-390(yikes!!) , but since it was hitting avatars for ~180 sans En DMG i was wondering if you had played around with Avatar Def Up Equips to see if that augments Avatar DMG taken ? While there are only a few pieces that give it and they sacrifice Perp for DEF this could work out using Just Carby . i was also wondering if that 500 Flaming Crush was with Favor up since it decreases DMg output . maybe it was in the thread and i didnt see it .

Couple of notes I found out.

1) Yeah, earlier estimates about HP is wrong. I did Chaotic Strike at the start of the 3rd fight (I even posted a SS of the damage with the end of the third fight and its results) and it did 5% damage. With that I'm guessing 12k HP. Also doesn't take extra damage from blunt (or its DEF is so high it doesn't look like it was taking extra damage).

2) It is weak against fire. You would assume it was, but confirmed that Flaming Crush was at 550~ with Avatar's Favor. Thats the best damage outside of Chaotic Strike I have tried (I'm testing it out for everyone, Eclipse Bite does 250~, Preditor Claws (with K.Hachigane) ~250, Slap for ~150, Heavenly Strike is completly resisted, Mountain Buster for ~450, Tidal Wave for ~250).

3) I use K.Hachigane, which should give Defense bonus on Garuda (and make it more of a tank than like Shiva) and it still averages out 150-190 unraged damage (same as Fenrir and Shiva). DEF+ gear doesn't work on this mob.

4) Pet: Damage taken - gear doesn't exist for me (I have none) so I can't test THAT out. You would have to assume it would be a MAJOR help as long as you don't kill the free perp cost totally from it.

5) SMN magic DOES help, higher you put it. But the increases are so small that its not really noticable short term.

6) Good luck straight tanking it.
By Mikumaru 2009-11-16 13:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

After thinking about it i would have to consider how hard it hits that the DEF bonus offered from Gear porbly wouldnt amount to enough to make a difference in DMG taken , my bad . Again seeing the DMG it takes from normal melee , its highly likely that its DEF or DEF Modifier is such that the Blunt Bonus may not be noticable , especially with Favor up .You did say that Eclipse bit was doin ~250 vs Buster's 450 and Crush's 550 . i would consider that a weakness to blunt . i mean your saying Mountain Buster did 450 with favor on vs 750+ w/o it. 550+ on Flaming Crush would indicate a weakness Fire DMG which makes alot sense with its Inate En-Bliz and Nasty *** Ice Spikes ( 60-80 dmg , yeowza!! ) . Outside of BST or SMN , i dont think any other job could possibly even consider soloing this , unless the -% DMG taken gear affects its DMG output , but even then it would be a hard Sell . a PLD/RDM IMHO would have a better chance Vs /BLU or even /NIN simply for the fact that its Added Ice dmg is so damn Nasty . a PLDs Natural Enhancing magic , while not impressive , should midigate some of its affect , but with out some form of Refresh and uninteruptable HP recovery it's would impossible to solo . PLD would be the ideal Tank for a low man as a presumption not knowing how Undead killer affects its behavior .

Any brave PLD/RDMs with capped Staff skill out there >.> lol
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-16 15:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I seriously doubt the damage without Favor would increase by 300 damage.

More like 75 damage to be honest.

This is one hard mob to kill.

I only have 2 BP:75s unlocked (only to make Ifrit and Shiva Damage Dealers, because Rush and Flaming Crush doesn't do it :P) so yeah.

This type of SMN kiting should be called "Death Kite" because thats basically what you are doing, kiting with death. More like dancing with him, but he has a nasty swing to him. Kindof cuts you up.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-16 15:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Belius said:
I didn't know that about Banish.. And Das :P Told cha you're going to die. /Nin would be pointless vs this guy. I think you should go pull the NM to deaggro area and test the enfeebs!
Well the problem is getting it to a deaggro area without any kind of +movement speed or the ability to grav/bind. I'm actually thinking of /drk and putting full dark/macc gear on and stun pulling to by me that vital sec or 2
Ragnarok.Anye said:

If this was attempted probably pld/rdm would be best. Your gunna reduce dmg alot more with MDB and barblizzard then that +50% def... and really with its spikes probably the only way your gunna reliably avoid getting parad out of everything. Can almost garuntee you'd need refresh drinks and even then swd and shield probably better if you got good shield skill it will prevent more dmg then terra staff easy.

Not sure what a swd and shield pld can do but note it was doing but seriously doubt a staff pld could do it. I mean it was hitting me as rdm/blu for about 60-108 normal hit and 160ish crit with 700ish def and -46% physical dmg and -26 dmg from phalanx and like +40ish vit. And with shell4 and like barblizz and 25ice resist in gear and the phalanx the enspell still did 15-17 dmg and the spikes are stronger... I sorta doubt a pld solo can get dmg reduced that much using a staff.

As far as low man tank... well it is undead so probably weak to light which means you can probably get full duration flashes more often... so blu/pld can probably tank the ***out of it
By Mikumaru 2009-11-16 15:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Korpg said:
I seriously doubt the damage without Favor would increase by 300 damage.

More like 75 damage to be honest.

This is one hard mob to kill.

I only have 2 BP:75s unlocked (only to make Ifrit and Shiva Damage Dealers, because Rush and Flaming Crush doesn't do it :P) so yeah.

This type of SMN kiting should be called "Death Kite" because thats basically what you are doing, kiting with death. More like dancing with him, but he has a nasty swing to him. Kindof cuts you up.
i'm PS2 so i cant SS my parse , but mountain buster did do 792 dmg . as far as favors dmg redux i have seen 1100+ claws go down to 450 with favor .
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-11-16 15:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That's called missing attacks. It's not the favor that directly reduced it from 1100 to 450.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-16 16:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Favor is only -15% dmg
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-16 17:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Time: 2 hours and 5 minutes.

This bish will be mine!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-16 17:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, not even a crystal that time.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-17 00:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Might wanna build that buffer on your exp though, just to play it safe....
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-17 05:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, really not that tough once you pull it. Smn and Cor both died and HP'd due to really not being ready for it, then I re-pulled from the start.
 Remora.Belius
By Remora.Belius 2009-11-17 05:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

/clapclapclap
Well done :)

(now check for hidden effects! I got dollar on this, yo!)
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-17 10:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully it has a hidden effect otherwise seems like too much work for a mediocre neck piece.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-11-17 10:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Noticed how hard it is to damage him?
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2009-11-17 10:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder how well Bone Crusher from the Valoredge frame would work on him, like 3 Fire maneuver with the Flame holder? :o
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-17 10:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sahagin said:
I wonder how well Bone Crusher from the Valoredge frame would work on him, like 3 Fire maneuver with the Flame holder? :o
lolpup. I have no idea what you are talking about -.- Go try it!
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2009-11-17 11:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what it does to a Fleshcraver.
I don't know how much stronger Brazen is though. :/
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-17 11:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

He's not that hard to hurt really, 300 damage cannonball with cocoon, but no SA or CA, with my shitty cannonball build is fine really. Hysteric Barrage did about 3-400 as well. Not great damage, but for an NM that hits as hard as him it's fine. Mostly I just used disseverement poison, might try again on rdm, probably be easier tbh.