Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Ultimate Collection Reg. Code
Ultimate Collection Reg. Code
 Cerberus.Sifridus
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-11-14 15:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just purchased the Ultimate Collection today and on the booklet it only has a single registration code, where I figured it'd have codes for all the expansions and add-on scenarios individually. I only need to register the 3 add-on packs and when I'm in the POL viewer to register the code, there's no place for the ultimate collection code to be entered. My question is do I use that single code for each item I need to register or what? I'm so confused...
 Garuda.Poetsave
Server: Garuda
user: Poetsave
By Garuda.Poetsave 2009-11-14 15:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I did the same thing and all I did was use the code to reg one add-on and it asks if you want to apply the code to all other unregistered services and I did that as well and all add-ons were opened up for me.
 Cerberus.Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-11-14 15:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Poetsave said:
I did the same thing and all I did was use the code to reg one add-on and it asks if you want to apply the code to all other unregistered services and I did that as well and all add-ons were opened up for me.

Wow it'd be nice if it mentioned that anywhere in the booklet or on the website at all. I didn't want to use that code on ACP and it be wasted for the other two add-ons. thanks a lot ^^
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2009-11-14 15:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sifridus said:
Garuda.Poetsave said:
Wow it'd be nice if it mentioned that anywhere in the booklet or on the website at all. I didn't want to use that code on ACP and it be wasted for the other two add-ons. thanks a lot ^^

ya i wanted to do the same thing for my two chars. I bought the ultimate pack. One char needed wings of the godess and the other needed the mini expansions. I used the one code for the wings of a godess char but when I tried to use it again for the expansions on my alternate char it would not let me. So I needed to buy a whole other disc to register the expansion packs on my other char. Once you use the code for one char, it doesn't matter that you only needed it for one expansion. Its stuck on that char.... I guess they combine the code so they get people like me to waste more money
(>.<)

Edit: the chars are on different ID's so I can sign them both in at once.
 Cerberus.Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-11-14 15:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you mean it only worked for one character? I just used my code and it registered all the content for my main character and my mule. Do you mean two different accounts? If that's the case then yes, you need one code for each account.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2009-11-14 16:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

he means a character in a completely different playonline account.

The key can only be attached to a single pol account it seems.

Kinda sucks cause i also got an account with nothing but original game and zilart lol. Would be nice to add more stuff on it, even though i wouldnt use it anyway hehe (could sell i guess~).
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2009-11-14 17:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They changed this when WotG came out. They assume that when you are buying a combo pack, that you are a new player. One registration code to cover all expansions. Also makes it easy that you are not entering in seven different key codes. Otherwise, we have to buy everything separate.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-11-14 18:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone from the EU bought the download pack yet? Can it be downloaded more than once? how big is it?
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2009-11-14 18:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
he means a character in a completely different playonline account. The key can only be attached to a single pol account it seems. Kinda sucks cause i also got an account with nothing but original game and zilart lol. Would be nice to add more stuff on it, even though i wouldnt use it anyway hehe (could sell i guess~).

ya thats what i meant. basically I bought a combo pack thinking I was going to be able to split the supposed codes between my two characters but when I opened it I found out it was all jumbled into one code which did not allow me to split it between the two chars. My second char is NOT a mule its a seperate account all in its own. If you bough one of the pre-wings of a goddess combo packs all the codes were seperate individual codes for each expansion. Now it sucks >_>
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Server: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-11-16 00:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know where to purchase just the Playonline codes in case you have the cd's? I want to install it on my gf's computer but don't have codes for a new account (for her).
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2009-11-16 10:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

i used to buy the keys from interactcd.com, but i think they forgot about ffxi existence nowadays lol. No ultimate collection there. I sure liked it there. I got the keys for a 2007 collection ,and later, ToAU, with them (and i had an option to get the boxes anyway, which i accepted^^). So i could start playing instantainly and also make my collector side happy with the boxes.
[+]
By Cornmaker 2009-11-16 14:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Ultrarichard said:
Has anyone from the EU bought the download pack yet? Can it be downloaded more than once? how big is it?

i just reinstalled windows with the hope to just download the ultimate collection and have fun D: the page says u can download it as often as u can and it's about 4.5GB but somehow this stupid site won't accept any of my payment methods...i always get "You payment has not been accepted."

wth is this ***D: having no FF sucks...
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-11-16 16:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I've purchased FFXI about 4 different times. I was disappointed and annoyed when they started doing individual codes.
 Cerberus.Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-11-16 16:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to say that I like the idea of having one major code for the box set only for the ease of only typing it in once and it's applied to all the expansions for your account. However, they don't tell you that at all until you punch the code in and hit enter. If you're used to putting in codes for each thing you need to register, this is a scary thing to do! Might think that code is going to be burnt up on one expansion when it should be for all. An other thing that brings this system down is like Jaguarx's situation where maybe I needed the 3 add-ons for my main account but the other expansions before them for a secondary account that needs them. Good for SE as we have to buy multiple copies or just deal with out.