Forum » FFXI » General » New Fomor Weapons
New Fomor Weapons
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-13 21:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Then I wonder why it does that o.O so weird.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-13 22:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
To mock you
 Shiva.Duey
Server: Shiva
user: Duath
By Shiva.Duey 2009-11-14 06:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:

Me and my LS tried to kill Hume and Elvaan last night.. got Hume down to 55%.. his hate limit seems very low.. PLDs cant hold hate.. every action pulls him off, and he likes to spam Firaga III and do lots of AoE TP moves.. after 55% he seemed to be capped on level up.. and went in a kinda rage mode

after this we went to elvaan NM.. we kinda tested on what actions he seems to lvl up (so we didnt dmg it).. after a bunch of lvl ups.. he didnt seem to lvl up anymore.. so we guessed he was capped.. every DD hit for 0 points of dmg and mages could get off an ES AM2 for like 100 dmg.. so i think after the fomor NMs are "capped" they switch in a rage mode.. so need to avoid the actions to lvl them up (every NM seems to have different ones)

hope this helps :)
 Leviathan.Veronika
Server: Leviathan
user: Veronika
By Leviathan.Veronika 2009-11-14 10:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Endelig said:
The real question is: Does KC DRK work on them?

Well, they're Fomors... So no?

Souleater would work but Blood Weapon wouldn't, since Fomor are indeed a type of undead mob.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-14 10:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So you can technically just have a few KC DRK/DRG do real suicides and r3 them >_>;

Midgardsormr.Avin
user: Avin
By Midgardsormr.Avin 2009-11-15 03:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering if anyone had tried curing them to death its just a thought but given how they are undead and all that should be effective at least from a white mage cure V can be devastating. I know its not their usual roles to be DDs but you never know SE likes to throw a curve ball every so often.
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2009-11-15 03:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno about the curing to kill route. It might be effective, but usually the damage dealt is disproportionate to the usual curing effectiveness of the spell so it might be heavily resisted.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-11-15 04:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Veronika said:
Asura.Endelig said:
The real question is: Does KC DRK work on them?

Well, they're Fomors... So no?

Souleater would work but Blood Weapon wouldn't, since Fomor are indeed a type of undead mob.
I wouldn't be surprised if they build resistance to Souleater.
 Fenrir.Surgator
Server: Fenrir
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2009-11-15 04:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i have a theorie that to upgrade a weapon we need one of the Aptant: that some other nm drop to use with a certain weapon to upgrade it one time .... but that only my théorie lol! if i can got some people to kill one i will try to inform you what i try next after the drop lol!
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-15 04:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure Aptant's are are for synergy, which means they most probably won't have anything to do with these NMs. But seriously, your only 75 job is SMN, why do you even care? lol
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-15 08:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Avin said:
I was wondering if anyone had tried curing them to death its just a thought but given how they are undead and all that should be effective at least from a white mage cure V can be devastating. I know its not their usual roles to be DDs but you never know SE likes to throw a curve ball every so often.

You know, you may be onto something.

You make one tank party. 2x PLD, 2x BRD, 1x Healer, 1 guy who can make light with the PLD.

Then you have 12 WHM that either cast Cure V, Holy, or Banish III when the PLD and DD makes light >_>;
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-15 08:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I'm condoning cure MB's, but 2 pld's can make light <_<
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-11-15 09:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No they can't
Atonement or gtfo.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-15 10:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, if you have two pld's meleeing, and for some reason have no other jobs using WS's, you'd be better to do Savage Blade > Atonement, swapping which PLD opens each time.

Well, there's a lot of "ifs" in that statement: If they reach 100tp at around the same time, if light isn't resisted, if... no that's it actually.
 Pandemonium.Dravak
Server: Pandemonium
user: Dravak
By Pandemonium.Dravak 2009-11-15 10:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
No they can't
Atonement or gtfo.

Actually, Atonement does damage based on your enmity. If the hate limit is so low and it's bouncing around all the time, I don't think that it'll do anything more impressive than other WSs
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-15 20:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The hate cap for atonement isn't actually very high, in most situations a PLD can cap atonement damage really quite easily. Having two PLD's doesn't change this at in the slightest. In fact, having a whole alliance of PLD's wouldn't change this. The mob has an unlimited pool of enmity to share around, as long as you do enough enmity causing actions on the mob (and there's no hate reset), you'll cap your atonement damage even if the mob never once looks at you.

Although what I was saying was that Atonement > Atonement is 750 damage > 750 damage, and no SC. Savage Blade > Atonement could be 50 damage > 750 damage, and it could still win because it would make light for up to 750 damage.
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-15 20:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Make Light, have a ton of cure bombs >_>;;;;

Literal cure bombs :D
 Carbuncle.Renoturk
Server: Carbuncle
user: Renoturk
By Carbuncle.Renoturk 2009-11-15 23:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So far all of your theories are invalid. Curing these NMs does nothing but heal them. There is a set strategy for all of these NMs. My ls has it down to killing the Galka, Elvaan and Tarutaru with no problem at all.

Skillchains heal these guys so thats useless. Also so far only one of them is susceptible for melee damage :)

http://terabyte.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Go to portal for views of the NMs and drops we killed :)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-16 00:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Since when did curing an enemy actually heal it?
 Carbuncle.Renoturk
Server: Carbuncle
user: Renoturk
By Carbuncle.Renoturk 2009-11-16 00:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Since these are new NMs?
 Ragnarok.Amalle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tamalle
By Ragnarok.Amalle 2009-11-16 12:20:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to go check on Elatha.... had been there only an hour before and yea... I was PLD/WAR and he was hitting me like a train >.>

[+]
 Unicorn.Shimay
Server: Unicorn
user: Shimay
By Unicorn.Shimay 2009-11-16 13:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

wondering if you have to use an item like on omega/ultima the ccb...
or in dynamis killing nms to not make the boss use a 2 hour.
 Bahamut.Pjohn
user: Pjohn
By Bahamut.Pjohn 2009-11-18 12:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Renoturk said:
So far all of your theories are invalid. Curing these NMs does nothing but heal them. There is a set strategy for all of these NMs. My ls has it down to killing the Galka, Elvaan and Tarutaru with no problem at all.

Skillchains heal these guys so thats useless. Also so far only one of them is susceptible for melee damage :)

http://terabyte.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Go to portal for views of the NMs and drops we killed :)

So whats it take to kill them?

Taru takes melee damage.
Galka takes magic damage.
What about the rest?
 Ragnarok.Darksage
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Darksage 2009-11-18 12:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

my hope would be that they have something to do with synergy and maybe theres certain add/augment stones w/e u could hunt down that u would want...like say being able to add magic atk bonus +10 or more to staff so u dont gotta lug around all the others at 75.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-18 12:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Darksage said:
my hope would be that they have something to do with synergy and maybe theres certain add/augment stones w/e u could hunt down that u would want...like say being able to add magic atk bonus 10 or more to staff so u dont gotta lug around all the others at 75.
You'd need to add alot more than 10MAB to a staff if your a blm to replace the other ones... unless its aquillo or jupiter which case I suppose you could just nuke in 1 element
 Valefor.Mithano
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-12-04 13:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

My crew took a whack at Lugh last night. We got pretty decimated after the lvl ups (hit a wall at 66%). Ranged damaged worked reasonably well, need a stun rotation for making sure his blue magic doesn't go off - but there's more to it than that. We saw one lvl up with no blu casts from him, but at the same moment as my non-MB'd Holy went off, so I'll avoid that as well.

Doing damage with cures was useless, cure5 on him did like 50dmg, not worth it.

Angon worked quite well. General /ra attacks with it were about 30, ws for 400. Monk does decently, since you don't need TP for real damage.
 Leviathan.Hitoma
Server: Leviathan
user: hitoma
By Leviathan.Hitoma 2009-12-04 13:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

the strats for these are pretty easy.

Lugh and Ethniu can be 2hr zerged with the usual sams mnks and wars.

Tethra you can have rng's TP it to death before the bombs repop with at least 4~5 rng. If its not dead before they repop RNG's can just WS the repops and kill them off again quickly. Save barrage for Tethra.

Elatha and the Elvaan you can mana burn with BLM/NIN's. Use only fire spells on Elatha.

None of these require more then 12 to kill. And at the very least Tethra could be done with 6-8 people.
 Valefor.Mithano
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-12-04 13:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well ok ... but I would like to know the "right" way to kill him other than the 2hr-zerg that everyone always does.
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-04 13:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Renoturk said:
So far all of your theories are invalid. Curing these NMs does nothing but heal them. There is a set strategy for all of these NMs. My ls has it down to killing the Galka, Elvaan and Tarutaru with no problem at all. Skillchains heal these guys so thats useless. Also so far only one of them is susceptible for melee damage :) http://terabyte.forumotion.net/forum.htm Go to portal for views of the NMs and drops we killed :)

congratz on the take downs. Can we get what the prty set ups were and the strats. yall used to beat them? Ty :)
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-06 02:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice making these ***'s nearly un obtainable. I mean I would want one but how am I going to get it with how hard they are.