users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » PrtScn Button
PrtScn Button
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-11-10 11:28:37
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah im trying to use my print screen button but its not doing anything when i go into paint and ctrl v.

anyone have this issue too?
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-10 11:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you have it bound to a certain function through windower than I can't imagine what the issue could be, try using it while not in FFXI.
 Ragnarok.Shaydow
Server: Ragnarok
user: Shaydow
By Ragnarok.Shaydow 2009-11-10 11:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

try pressing the F lock key
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-10 11:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm about 99% sure you have to hold Ctrl when you hit Print Screen.
 Carbuncle.Taintedone
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Taintedone 2009-11-10 11:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Eternius said:
I'm about 99% sure you have to hold Ctrl when you hit Print Screen.

Depends on what type of computer/keyboard he is using. Some computers have a PRTSCN button that is solely dedicated to the Print Screen function so you don't have to hit Control.
 Siren.Pantmonkey
Server: Siren
By Siren.Pantmonkey 2009-11-10 11:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I had this issue with my PC when i was using the legitimate FFXI windower. If your not using the archbell windower, Prntscreen wudnt work in FF, the only way wud be to use the printscreen button FF assignes removing all the window's, chat logs etc.

To get around this i used to change the size of the window to just smaller than the desktop, get on FF what i wanted to SS. CLick on the desktop, so the window at the top greys out, then hit printscreen once u clicked on the desktop. Makes the pic slightly smaller, but u can then paste into paint.

Hope that makes sense: only other way is archbell even then it just saves the file as a bitmap, doesnt copy the page you can see.

^.^
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
Server: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-10 13:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

PrntScn doesn't work for video/games unless you can click to desktop. Most of the time it'll end up as a black screen instead of a screencap.
This sounds like you're trying to copy something that can't be copy/pasted.

There's not enough info to really troubleshoot the problem.
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2009-11-10 15:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

sry i was at the hospital visiting my grandfather, and i guess it was the f lock key i didint have down. i keep forgetting about that lol.
oh no i can capture just about anything with prt scrn hasnt failed me yet, it was just everytime my computer has restarted for vista updates i just keep forgetting to re apply the f lock key. that and my litte receiver is hidden and i never look at the thing. thanks for all the insight guys ^^.