Forum » FFXI » General » Mireu Tips
Mireu Tips
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2024-03-22 09:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanted to make a thread for tips regarding Mireu since I see some issues occur each time the server fights it. If you have any additional tips, feel free to add them.

Gathering people
-If you see the unity message or spawn Mireu yourself, alert people via ls, shout/yell, unity in intervals, and on server discords if they're cool about it, more people leads to the AoE limit being reached faster and people may want to get there early to not deal with Mireu not loading in

Addressing Lag
-Setting everything in config>effects to on will help with fps, especially when spikes are up, just make sure to change it afterwards or else you won't be able to see staggers in abyssea/sortie etc.
-I've heard different testimonies, but if Mireu isn't loading due to excessive players, you can go out of the arena behind Mireu and slowly walk forward for it to load. In Reisenjima, since the arena is small, people say you move away from mireu where you spwan and walk forward instead.

Debuffs
-RDMs can land Distract III for 10+ minutes with Sab+Stymie. I usually wait until there's enough people present and watch its hp decrease much faster with trusts being able to hit it. Cast a distract without stymie first to see if someone already applied it and check every 10/15 minutes to see if it wore off to keep it applied
-In addition to distract, RDMs can also land silence without much issue. However, duration decreases as the fight goes on, so I usually wait for the first chainspell with enough people present/while taking heavy AoE damage
-Mireu also gains dread spikes during Chainspell, so THFs can use larceny to remove both
-None of the DNC trusts apply box step, so DNCs and /dncs can help keep it applied
-BSTs can land corrosive ooze to help everyone, especially whoever has hate to take less damage
-Geomancy debuffs are nerfed a good amount

Buffs
-Because of all the trusts, some buffs are difficult to keep up, brds really only have honor march, cors have sam roll etc.
-If you are unable to see Mireu or joining in late, consider focusing on healing/buffing. Casting accession heals/buffs on your trusts will spread it across parties, giving out ~60 TR RegenVs/Embravas on sch or Cure4skins on whm is kinda nuts

Trusts
-A critical mass of Selh'teus helps a lot with healing and damage
-Since many players will already use brd/cor trusts, other trusts can be used instead to give more AoE buffs such as Shikaree Z for Ancient circle, Excenmille (S) for Stag's Call, DNCs for steps, Iroha II/Arciela I for more AoE healing
-For DNC trusts, Mayakov applies lv10 Feather, Uka applies lv5 quickstep, Mumor applies lv5 Stutter, all 3 give haste samba if on WHM,RDM,SCH,PLD
-Keep resummoning trusts especially at low hp to be able to soak its attacks. I think Mireu is also subject to the same limitations we are with AoEs only able to hit ~60 targets simultaneously.

Equipment
-If you can afford the inventory space, don't forget Zurim's cheap DI gear to boost damage/survivability if needed. The Feet slot is 50 WSD and those that can wear the shield get 30WSD 40MDT2
-Because of dread spikes, avoid x2/x3 dmg weapons
-Naegling is a good option because of dread spikes and all the buffs flying around makes its secondary WS atk buff potent
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-03-22 10:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

All good info.

Running to the edge of the battlefield and coming back always has gotten it to spawn regardless of effects etc.

Selhteus is nice, so are iroha 2 and arciela 1 they also aoe heal
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-22 11:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

A tip from the last time I did it: Even if you aren't able to make Mireu appear on your screen using Eiryl's strategy above, you can toss Cures and buffs on people, Raising the fallen and so on.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-22 11:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Already been mention of DNC, but rank10 box/quickstep are about the best thing you can contribute if nobody's already covered it.

Dread spikes come with chainspell(he doesn't actually cast them as far as I can tell, but they start when he uses chainspell), if you happen to be on THF then using larceny as soon as you see dreads will remove chainspell, make them disappear, and typically save quite a few lives in the process.

Not saying to go THF specifically for that, but something to be aware of if you like THF or there are a lot of people already there.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-22 16:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I've just stopped using any weapons that deal double/triple damage at Mireu. Dread Spikes has always been the death sentence for my chars and relying on "maybe someone will Larceny it" is a fool's errand. Its not like the damage from Shining or Naegs is vastly inferior.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-03-22 17:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Seltheus, Box step 10x from dancer, and tell unity / ls chat/yell
 Fenrir.Svens
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2024-03-22 19:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Added in the suggestions to the first post, hopefully efficiency increases so it's not as much of a slog each time
By Tokimemofan 2024-03-23 05:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing to keep in mind if he won’t load that isn’t often mentioned is that you should step outside the blue beams and let it time out before reentering. This is possible even in reisenjima and causes the mob loading to reset. Silencing is a mixed bag as meteor usually isn’t much of a threat to those who are properly geared for the fight and the TP boost from the Selh’teus trusts going off can easily add a decent temporary damage boost. Gage the situation accordingly. If you are a healer keep in mind that when ice spikes are up trusts aren’t going to keep up with paralyna. RDMs should also be assisting in healing and where needed raising if manpower is low. I’ve seen personally a quite a few cases where a win/loss is determined by just a single player taking the right actions early on to build momentum. Once you get 20+ well geared players in and his hp starts rapidly falling most people can handle themselves pretty well but in the first 5-10 minutes it’s going to be a struggle to stay up if you aren’t prepared. Finishing him off requires some kind of proc that at this point is unknown and likely will never be known. I do know from my own observations that a simple melee hit can finish him and whoever gets the awaken buff is irrelevant beyond the fact that whoever does will likely be nerfed into the ground with terror, sleep and full dispel spam.

The fastest kill btw was just a bit over 18 minutes from pop time on Asura a few months back and his pop window opens exactly 5 earth days after his last time of death, the fastest pop I’ve personally seen was less than 3 minutes into his pop window and the longest I’ve seen was about 32 hours. If you don’t use addons I would highly encourage you to bookmark https://whereisdi.com/ as that has proven to be quite useful if you really want to go all out in trying to help your server build the Mireu bonus.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-03-23 06:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Silencing doesn't help with dread spikes, they just appear for the duration of chainspell. Typically that's when you see the most bodies hitting the floor.
By Mattelot 2024-03-28 08:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

In addition to the lag, one tip that may help some is to set your CPU affinity to 1. Hold CTRL ALT DEL, in the task manager, find FFXI, right click on it and select affinity.

Half dozen players I’ve told this to noticed improvements for this game. Note that it does not set it permanently.