shit server
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2023-11-23 16:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Happy Thanksgiving to all no matter if you play on an illegal buggy server that can get nuked by SE/Admins at any time or the shitty Retail version where luck is an endgame modifier. Both are run by people who think their product is great and ragged-on/defended by people who are probably not even good at FFXI anyway lmao.
[+]
By Zehira 2023-11-23 16:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
More than Asura?

Yes. Sorry, multiboxing players don't count.

[deleted pic]
By Homsar 2023-11-23 23:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep there was good arguments and information put out, use ya noodle.

There were literally zero arguments that weren't "well they COULD be lying and I totes think they would! Do your research, sheeple!".

I am skeptical of the idea that Horizon has more players than Asura, but we'll unfortunately never know.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-11-23 23:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

He thinks people arent multiboxing on Horizon lol
[+]
By Homsar 2023-11-24 01:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
He thinks people arent multiboxing on Horizon lol

While I'm sure there are some multiboxers, there are barriers, punishments, and a comparative lack of necessity. If multiboxers exist on Horizon, the amount is multiple orders of magnitude less than that of retail and Asura in particular.
By Zehira 2023-11-24 02:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Mostly, I have seen just two characters probably couples, roommates, and whatnot. I haven't witnessed anybody doing 6 accounts like Draylo did. There could be some people who try to act smartass and hide out of their admin's radar. Until you get caught, you can somehow.
 Fenrir.Ixn
Server: Fenrir
user: unknown
By Fenrir.Ixn 2023-11-24 11:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen some 'round 2004 playing 6 characters. I thought that was nuts.
In this year, pretty sure anyone could use AI to play this dice rolling game at this point. Just a pain in teaching it and guiding it like a newbie.
Ah, back when I wasn't so jaded and enjoyed using my time in helping newbies with quests or junk. Warms my heart when I see shouts that want to help out with stuff in game.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-11-24 12:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure would be difficult to multibox in an environment where auto-attacks take 5 seconds each, there's almost 0 fast cast gear, and utsusemi have 15 second longer timers. How would you find the time to control two characters at once!?
[+]
By Draylo 2023-11-25 00:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Zehira said: »
More than Asura?

Yes. Sorry, multiboxing players don't count.

[deleted pic]

cute, but still no
By Homsar 2023-11-25 02:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

cute, but still no

Do you count multiboxmules as part of the server population?
By Zehira 2023-11-25 12:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Homsar said: »
cute, but still no

Do you count multiboxmules as part of the server population?

He won't tell the truth. Last I was on Asura (Sept 27, 2023) just for Primed for Adventure. During prime time, Asura had 2k~ including 6-account guys, rmt, bazaar mules, etc. Horizon had 2.5k-3k~ active users (even if you are not allowed to have multiple accounts).

He was just mad about everything the SE staff did was very cute and was not doing the endgame content he wanted them to do.
By Draylo 2023-11-25 16:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Those numbers are fake, thats the whole point.

Please explain how not a single private server before this one had that population? How literally months after release they had "4k+" players constantly? You'll believe anything lol, keep drinking that kool aid. Surely 4k+ people are still playing a poorly backwards engineered era of a 2 decade old game.

What made this server different than all the ones before it? I'll let you figure that out.
[+]
By Draylo 2023-11-25 16:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Homsar said: »
Yep there was good arguments and information put out, use ya noodle.

There were literally zero arguments that weren't "well they COULD be lying and I totes think they would! Do your research, sheeple!".

I am skeptical of the idea that Horizon has more players than Asura, but we'll unfortunately never know.

Yet you aren't skeptical about constant 4k+ population for almost a year. Then now apparently 2.5k~3k+ according to this person. Please explain how they retain those numbers yet literally every single server before this one barely broke 1k for over a decade since they were on the scene? I'd like to know.
[+]
By Zehira 2023-11-25 16:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If those numbers are fake then how come Horizon is more active than Catseye on Discord? Too many unread messages.
By Draylo 2023-11-25 16:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you explain it though? Not answering my question. What makes this server different than any before it with the exact same idea and slight tweaks?
By Zehira 2023-11-25 17:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Please explain how not a single private server before this one had that population?

I joined HorizonXI in December 2022 after every private server I have never played on. Yes, there were surprisingly a large number of active players around in both the East and West Sarutabaruta areas. I was surprised at how much room Vana'diel could hold that number. I was in a party with strangers around the world until level 30, and some of them said they considered HorizonXI the best private server to play on after previous servers they had played on. They have made a final decision: HorizonXI will be their server to play on for a long time (even permanently).

Quote:
How literally months after release they had "4k+" players constantly? You'll believe anything lol, keep drinking that kool aid.

Currently, 2.5k–3k at most of the time. Around 800 during the early morning. The most number is usually on every Sunday when the Eco-Warrior quest resets.

Quote:
Surely 4k+ people are still playing a poorly backwards engineered era of a 2 decade old game.

They don't care.
By Draylo 2023-11-25 17:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura has over 2k at all times and its just one server the game has. If that server dips to 800, you already lost. Assuming even half of that number (which is being overly generous) is multi boxers and bots/mules, you still lose. Sorry
By Zehira 2023-11-25 17:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura has over 2k at all times and its just one server the game has. If that server dips to 800, you already lost. Assuming even half of that number (which is being overly generous) is multi boxers and bots/mules, you still lose. Sorry

Okay, considering you are not allowed to bot 24/7 there. Everyone had to logout when not playing.
By Zehira 2023-11-25 18:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Surely 4k+ people are still playing a poorly backwards engineered era of a 2 decade old game.

Just keep that in mind. From my own witness, SE does have the power to swap your data, remove one of your touched homepoint locations, kick you out of the connection, and even wipe out everything you have and make you look like a new level 1 character in Rabao. every possible way to stop you from being a menace. Same in FFXIV; SE even swapped a NPC's glamour to look a slutty Miqo'te in front of me, and I didn't even use any tools. Crazy right? I know.
By Draylo 2023-11-25 20:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just look at the most random channels popping up with "streamers" playing a 20yr old game format and acting like its new. You cant make this stuff up and you making conspiracies about SE? Lol

https://youtu.be/n--CKQa0vH8?si=JMAgxUwCIMJDehVo

"Content creator" and his only contént is this server (mostly labeled only FFXI like usual.) This is the conspiracy lol. I wish I saved the links to the videos I saw before. The most random people making ffxi streams and videos like its the newest minecraft. Its like AI generated "streamers" to promote the newest trending tiktok game that came out
By Zehira 2023-11-25 20:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
conspiracies about SE? Lol

I am not shitting you honestly.

Quote:
This is the conspiracy lol.

It's so easy to be a conspiracy theorist about FFXI. To avoid that, play FFXIV... or on any FFXI private server.
By Homsar 2023-11-25 23:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Zehira said: »
He won't tell the truth

The truth is that he'd probably engage in a plethora of mental gymnastics to include multiboxers playing by themselves and RMT bots as part of the community. Probably even would find a way to spin it into a positive.

Those numbers are fake

What makes this server different than any before it with the exact same idea and slight tweaks?

If it were anyone but you, I wouldn't have to explain that "same idea, but with some tweaks" is the basis for almost every popular thing you've ever heard of. Sometimes things take off, sometimes they don't. Things like marketing, timing, luck, and myriad other factors can result in previously unseen surges in popularity. Just as an anecdotal example, I'd never heard the name of another private server until Horizon came around.
By Draylo 2023-11-26 19:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So you actually confirming my point. Their massive ad push backed with fake numbers caused an illusion to entice people to the server thinking its the vanadiel reborn. The reason you heard about it and no others was because of that. You bought directly into their hype because they targeted people like you who feel all warm inside doing /sea all and seeing some big number to validate their choices. I showed you the pic earlier, it isn't as much of a stretch as you are making it out to be. Marketing 101. The idea is not new, far from it and its the same buggy mess as usual.

I don't include multiboxers or bots. I usually take the number and cut off close to 1k. Obviously nobody knows the exact number even tho we know they exist. This is also ignoring every other server out there which has a lot less bots than Asura. So really, its a pointless argument because overall retail is way more populated and those people are paying customers.
By Homsar 2023-11-27 00:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So you actually confirming my point

fake numbers

The reason you heard about it and no others was because of that. You bought directly into their hype

I heard about Horizon from this forum lmao. I don't watch twitch streams or follow ***on Discord or scour Youtube for FFXI videos so I can argue with internet strangers posting about Horizon. My motivation for trying out Horizon was a combination of "Retail is no longer entertaining and is effectively in maintenance mode." and "I wonder what it'd be like to play 75-era XI with the knowledge I have today."

Also, you keep kvetching about them marketing their server like it's supposed to be a bad thing that they generated interest for Horizon. I know the only thought that retail has generated outside of the existing playerbase in the past decade is "Holy ***, that's still up?" but that doesn't make Horizon advertising a bad thing.

I showed you the pic earlier

The picture you posted proves literally nothing. The entire basis of your crack-induced false number accusations are "THEY TOTES COULD AND I BET THEY WOULD" with absolutely zero supporting evidence. Nevermind the fact that your allegation of bots populating unsearchable zones is profoundly idiotic as there would be zero reason to do such a thing.

those people are paying customers.

This is something some crotchety grandma at a grocery store would say lmao
By Draylo 2023-11-27 01:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I already gave you the reason and you are the exact example of why there is a reason they would do that. The rest of the garbage you typed was already discussed endlessly.
By Homsar 2023-11-27 02:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I already gave you the reason

I'm not sure if I can make it simple enough for you to understand, but I'll give it a shot.

If Horizon was faking numbers, having bots populate unsearchable zones is a nonsensical way for them to do so as they can simply directly manipulate the /sea all numbers and the other visible counters they have for online player count. It would be trivial and require no resources to make the search results display (actual number+fake number). Faking numbers would also be nonsensical to do because it would become apparent rather quick that the numbers are fake when you're running around a bunch of retail-esque ghost towns and players would quit when they are unable to find players to play with.

The fact that faking numbers would be possible and that they would have a convoluted incentive to do so aren't indicative of fake numbers in any way, shape, or form. I genuinely hope you know this and are just shitposting.
 Unicorn.Ixn
Server: Unicorn
user: unknown
By Unicorn.Ixn 2023-11-27 10:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Who's to say that SE isn't faking player numbers with their NFTs?

Pretty sure a .JPG can play this game too!
 Asura.Krainne
Server: Asura
user: Duderson
By Asura.Krainne 2023-11-27 18:24:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Never would have thought twice about playing this game again if it weren't for Horizon/private servers.

Just remembered about his website, and the copium here has not been a disappointment.
Administrator
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2023-11-27 20:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Krainne said: »
Just remembered about his website, and the copium here has not been a disappointment.

FFXIAH: Going on two decades of giving you what you need.
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2023-11-28 14:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I started playing it a little while ago. my rdm is almost 75. yes it sucks that it's nerfed and it makes no sense to me. whatever. i'm still having fun. there's still ppl to run around and do stuff with. even if there's only 10 ppl on this server, i'm still finding the community there is what i've been missing from retail, which is actually having ppl around.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11