Forum » FFXI » General » Hybrid Weaponskill Enmity
Hybrid Weaponskill Enmity
 Bismarck.Mooze
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Mooze27
By Bismarck.Mooze 2023-08-31 10:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to recall for some reason someone telling me that hybrid WSs have reduced enmity gain, or something to that extent, but now I can’t find any info on that. Am I finally losing my mind or is that true?
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2023-08-31 10:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Definitely true, source: anyone who's done a dyna w3 boss using hybrid WS and not capped hate.

The actual calcuation probably has to do with the magic component being reduced, similar to magic WS as noted on the BG enmity page.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Enmity#Enmity_Gain
Quote:
Also, in the case of Magical-type Weapon Skills, the "Damage Dealt" is the damage the weaponskill would do without the dSTAT or multipliers like Magic Attack Bonus, Day/Weather Bonus, Staff Bonus, or Magic Affinity.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-08-31 11:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mooze said: »
I seem to recall for some reason someone telling me that hybrid WSs have reduced enmity gain, or something to that extent, but now I can’t find any info on that. Am I finally losing my mind or is that true?

Magic and hybrid WSs enmity counts only from damage before magic modifiers like MAB, Affinity, weather.

So if you break down hybrid WS on for example (this example based on blade: chi)

4092 physical damage hit
and
49981 magic damage

and you break that magic damage on
8496 (physical * 2.03125 fTP + mdmg) * 1.55(WSD) * (mab/mdb) * 1.15(affinity)

Your enmity gain will be based on 4092 physical hit and ~13168 magic hit, so ~17260 instead of full ~54073.
[+]