Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Tegmine Buffet Set
Tegmine Buffet Set
By Galkapryme 2023-06-28 10:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I know there are some general sets for physical and magical Ready moves, but I was wondering if anyone had more tailored gear sets for Tegmine Buffet (so I can get those high damage numbers).

Note: I am not a BST by trade, so my Nyame gear is not path D. My Nukumi gear is all +2. I have a Pangu and Agwu, but no REMA.
By Nariont 2023-06-28 10:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Augmented valorous is going to be your best alternative, unless its a mirrored ftp or not dmg varies bulk of bsts ready sets are gonna be tp bonus > pet acc til capped > pet atk

EDIT: if monster correlation kicks in the emp head is a pretty heavy winner in that slot also
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2023-06-28 15:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

kuroki said: »
I'm glad you posted this because it's probably worth mentioning that Emicho Coronet/+1 Path D is solid contender for best in slot with Tegmina Buffet.

Boosting the pet's STR still leads to a solid Pet:Attack+45 with the HQ version. And on top of that you're using Tegmina Buffet so the Choke effect lowers the enemy's VIT (-65), aiding your ability to potentially cap fSTR (depending on the target).

Pet stats tend to be on the low side, so it's nice if you're able to boost them with proper JA usage (Familiar/Spur with Job Point investment, Run Wild with appropriate timing considerations). Combine that with GEO and COR, like kuroki mentioned, for best results.

Level Correction zones still have boosted Pet pDIF so the damage values will continue to be inflated until SE fixes the issue.

On regular content you should expect closer to ~27k damage normally.
By Galkapryme 2023-06-29 12:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The feedback is appreciated. Amazing that Escha and Reisenjima gear are still considered top tier for BST pets. Can’t get the ring since I got the PDL one, and would use that the most. But the rest seems easily obtainable since I already have most.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-06-29 12:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Galkapryme said: »
Amazing that Escha and Reisenjima gear are still considered top tier for BST pets.

on that same line of thought its kinda amazing/sad that Alluvion Skirmish gear is still a good chunk of BiS for Pup and only 2 pieces of the SMN JSE (Artifact, Relic, Empyrean) are really good at all.

poor pet jobs get too many crappy gear updates.