Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Xipivot HD mod crashes
Xipivot HD mod crashes
By RRaynex 2023-06-12 17:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently tried out an HD mod pack loaded through XIpivot. Works great most of the time but some zones fail to load properly which causes the game to crash. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a known fix?
 Phoenix.Rizzspeed
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Rizzspeed
By Phoenix.Rizzspeed 2023-06-12 17:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

have u done the large address aware patch?

when using HD mods, it's a good idea to expand the available ram the game uses from 2 to 4 gb.

there's a thread about it around here somewhere.
By RadialArcana 2023-06-12 18:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

What zones, what pack, crash crash or black screen?
By RRaynex 2023-06-12 18:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So far, it's mostly cities zones, Lower Jeuno, West Adoulin, Nashmau it also happened in Kamihr Drifts. It loads as a black zone but npc, and teleports still load proper but game crashes about a min after. Once I log back in after the crash the zone loads properly. This is the all in one HD pack that Logical put together.
By RadialArcana 2023-06-12 18:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56318/possible-blackscreen-fix-when-using-config-plugin/#3597385
[+]
 Asura.Velata
Server: Asura
user: Viertel
By Asura.Velata 2023-06-12 21:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Not having the blackscreen issues, but when taking a mule through the ToAU missions I noticed that anything related to Nyzul Isle crashed upon either targetting an NPC or upon an NPC spawning.

i.e. ToAU 42 / Path of Darkness. Amnaf is rendered as just NPC as the name, and the second you engage and he spawns the gears the client crashes. This also happens in ToAU 44 / Nashmeira's Plea. I'm willing to bet it crashes on anything Nyzul Isle related.

Only thing in XIPivot is the NextGamesHD pack and Remapster.

----

I haven't going through a normal Nyzul Isle (non-ToAU missions) yet since then so I can't say if it's the entire zone or something else. If anyone knows of the associated DATs for Nyzul Isle for TShooting that would be great.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2023-06-13 02:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried ashenbubs-HD pack from the link on logical's yt channel. I crashed a 3-4 times over the 2 hrs in dynamis D windy. yes, I did do the 4 gb patch thing that was asked about above. I disabled the thing for now, but I wont be able to test that zone out again for a few weeks, obviously.

Awhile ago before I had to reinstall FFXI, I was using an HD zone upgrade for lower jeuno, and I would occasionally zone in but only see the home point crystal and npc's, and I could only interact with the crystal. Everything else was black, and I couldn't move. I just thought I would mention it.
By RadialArcana 2023-06-13 02:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Myzul isle or just undersea ruins in general?

Did you try typing //lua u xipivot to see if it still happens
 Asura.Velata
Server: Asura
user: Viertel
By Asura.Velata 2023-06-18 14:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Myzul isle or just undersea ruins in general?

Did you try typing //lua u xipivot to see if it still happens

Hard to tell, as I haven't run a Nyzul Isle yet since coming back; working on other things.

But yes, I had to fully unload XIVPivot just to proceed, so it's definitely something with the .dats in that pack (I attempted each three times just to be sure it wasn't some random crash -- identical symptoms each time). Whether it's related to those two missions only or Nyzul Isle instance style areas as a whole I'm not sure yet. I can't imagine it is, otherwise I imagine others would have mentioned it to Logical by now -- I haven't yet since I'm running the HD mods as well as Remapster, but I can't imagine the ingame map would crash in such a function and actual alter NPC nametext.

Though also interesting I've not heard about this from other people.

I did recently just finish a mule's run through ToAU last night, and same issue as I forgot to unload XIPivot. This was after wiping out XIVPivot and starting with a fresh copy.

I thought it might be that Nyzul Isle lamp .dat that crashes, but there's nothing for 0-240-111 so it's not that.
By RadialArcana 2023-06-18 18:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Rename the entire rom4 folder to rom4backup in the xipivot folder to remove basic toau stuff to test, type

//lua u xipivot
//lua l xipivot

to reload the file overlay

A map will only crash when you open the map, unless it's a file in the wrong place.
By RadialArcana 2023-06-18 18:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply