FINAL FANTASY XI Ultimate Collection (EU Available?)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » FINAL FANTASY XI Ultimate Collection (EU Available?)
FINAL FANTASY XI Ultimate Collection (EU Available?)
 Fenrir.Cobblers
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Ntfc
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2009-11-03 09:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't find any infomation on EU release dates or find the game available @ play/amazon etc, anyone know if we're getting this release >.>?
 Ragnarok.Albender
Server: Ragnarok
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2009-11-03 09:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cobblers said:
Can't find any infomation on EU release dates or find the game available @ play/amazon etc, anyone know if we're getting this release >.>?

Same here, couldn't trace anything and I'd like to purchase.
Hopefully someone will know... \o/
 Fenrir.Cobblers
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2009-11-03 11:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Same, not long back to the game, and would be ideal as I need new disks and this way I will get the add ons, was not going to bother with them but getting them all in one sounded great, just hope they ain't left us out >.<
 Fenrir.Cobblers
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2009-11-05 22:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just incase anyone else was watching this post hoping for news....

It appears the release is available to EU players by download only, the actual disks will not be on sale in EU from what I can gather.
 Fenrir.Cobblers
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2009-11-05 22:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

"Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that the entire FINAL FANTASY® XI universe, including all previous expansion packs and add-on scenarios, will be available for the first time ever in one download from 12th November 2009. FINAL FANTASY XI ULTIMATE COLLECTION will be available exclusively for Windows® download."

Was passed onto me by a friend, This is all I have been able to find on it so far, so i'm really not sure if this means its download only or what..
 Ragnarok.Albender
Server: Ragnarok
user: Albender
By Ragnarok.Albender 2009-11-11 06:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I am still trying to gather information.
I can't find it for download today tho.
If anyone happens to see it, please post a link.
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Server: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2009-11-12 01:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Albender said:
Fenrir.Cobblers said:
"Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that the entire FINAL FANTASY® XI universe, including all previous expansion packs and add-on scenarios, will be available for the first time ever in one download from 12th November 2009. FINAL FANTASY XI ULTIMATE COLLECTION will be available exclusively for Windows® download."
Albender's said:
By Ragnarok.Albender 2009-11-11

Just a theory...
 Fenrir.Cobblers
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2009-11-12 09:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So yeah, here it is the day of the offical launch! Game shops everywhere have been waiting for this day for a long time, the 3rd day of cod mw2 sales! Its deffo not the ffxi ultimate collection pack cus its fkin dissapeared of the face of the earth!

Anyone seen anything about this yet? Checked PoL who 1st broke the news of this release, which was planned to be on this day, yet the site has not been updated and the game is not available in the shop via website, have also checked the http://www.finalfantasyxi.com wesbite which has even been redesigned for this release, the site offers to sell me a cd version of the game, a N.A version of the game, which I don't want. The didgital download is still not available, although this also being through a N.A site will most likely be a N.A version of playonline/ffxi.

Seriously, I know the games been out since, well 6-7 yrs now probabaly in total, but *** sake whoever has control over promoting this new release is not doing there job very well.

GOOD JOB GUYS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-11-12 09:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a little info for those that are ordering it to be shipped. I ordered (US version) through Amazon from the SE site, it's free shipping and cheaper if you want it in 2 days ($3.99) than Gamestop. Gamestop has shipping for between $5-$15.

Not sure what it is for EU, but hope that helps if anyone was ordering it.
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2009-11-12 09:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

funny thing is that at finalfantasyxi.com there is no digital download available, but it's there at direct2drive.com.

but anyway here is the condition at d2d <.<
Quote:
This product is only available for purchase in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
 Asura.Catatonic
Server: Asura
By Asura.Catatonic 2009-11-12 09:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Albender said:
I am still trying to gather information.
If anyone happens to see it, please post a link.

I searched all over for it 2 days ago and SE gave reference to d2d as the only download source. The link didnt work, but I googled it and came with this link: http://www.direct2drive.com/8613/product/Buy-FINAL-FANTASY-XI-ULTIMATE-COLLECTION-Download . I did more digging around on reviews for the service and a LOT of people gave unfavorable reviews for the site saying that the customer service is non existent, download speeds are slow and a few people had issues trying to get registration codes. If anyone decides to try it, please let us all know of your experience.

Otherwise I agree with the previous poster and say you should go with amazon for the actual disc. A reminder is to check the ship date if you get the free shipping from amazon. I got a estimate of ~late november/december 1 so I opted to pay for the shipping and my receive date is now next tuesday instead. Newegg sells the xbox version of the ultimate collection with free shipping, but not the pc version.
 Fenrir.Cobblers
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2009-11-12 10:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I currently play on N.A version, which is a nightmare, can't add characters, can't edit credit card information, can't order keycode thingymajig (that con for the extra itemspace)

This is why I don't want to order from America >< I know i'll get the same version and be in the same situation lol. My original ffxi was the EU version but after returning from a yr out I had to borrow some N.A version disks of a mate

Anyways I guess we'll just wait and see, I would prefer to just order disks but sadly it seems we won't have that option here in EU, and only the download will be available, someday.....
 Odin.Mantikor
Server: Odin
user: Mantikor
By Odin.Mantikor 2009-11-12 11:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I asked the SE support center for european version and this is the email i got back:

[Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre,

That game is currently in stock in our hosting partner's website.

http://finalfantasyxi.gamesplanet.com/game-final-fantasy-XI.html

Thank you again for contacting us and for you interest in Square Enix products!

Square Enix Support Centre

http://support.eu.square-enix.com/index.php]

You can preorder at that site, release date is 14.11.09. (Site may be in German, as it was for me^^)
 Fenrir.Cobblers
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2009-11-12 11:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice one, thankyou mate.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2009-11-12 11:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

How come US players can get the disc and we in the UK/EU can't?
I want the collection but not on download only!
 Fenrir.Cobblers
By Fenrir.Cobblers 2009-11-12 11:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I think there are various reasons why Square Enix have taken this route, but top of the list I guess its because they are a big ***.
 Fairy.Shirahime
Server: Fairy
user: Chobit
By Fairy.Shirahime 2009-11-12 13:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ok guys quick question. i'm only interested in the 3 add-on scenarios... do you know if their registration codes are bound to regional versions?
i mean it is possibile to register the codes of scenarios found in the ultimate collection for NA to an EU account? or they are bound to versions like expansions?