users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Rather Odd "d/c" problem
Rather Odd "d/c" problem
 Odin.Poppisgirl
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Poppisgirl 2009-10-30 06:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so this has been happening since yesterday morning and I have tried I think almost everything and I'm STILL having problems. Here's what's happening:

Wednesday night I had stayed logged into the game when I went to bed, and when I woke up had been d/c'd - ok, no big deal. I logged in and started downloading the update, and d/c'd a couple of times during that (again, pretty normal with everyone trying to download at the same time). I finally got it downloaded and into the game - d/c'd 10 minutes later. This started happening every 5-20 minutes. I (along with the rest of Odin) have been getting the random R0ing for a while now, but never kicked right out of the game.

Now the strange part - I end up seeing the 'red dot' above my head, I'm not R0ing (so still have Sending/Receiving numbers), AND I can still get tells, see LS chat, and my search function works. But I can't zone, talk to NPCs/Moogle or anything like that. Then, it'll just d/c me with the "Connection Timed Out" or "No response from FF servers" message. This will even happen if I'm just on PoL - sending messages and stuff away to LS members trying to explain to them what's up, and I get d/c'd, and have to log back in. I've tried my laptop, desktop, AND Xbox, and it's the same thing with all of them - However, I don't get d'c'd from the internet. I can still surf, send email, talk on Vent, talk on XBL, everything. None of that gets interrupted. I've tried resetting everything (connection/modem, etc), unplugging this, plugging in that, sacrificing Tarus - and nothing seems to fix it ._.

Soooooooo anyone have any ideas?! -.-
 Hades.Hiryo
Server: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-10-30 06:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This keep's happening to a friend of mine as well, and the same thing happened to me a few times, i would see the red dot, still be able to talk etc then boom it would kick me off, i've no idea how to stop it though, mine just went away, sorry. :X
 Odin.Poppisgirl
Server: Odin
By Odin.Poppisgirl 2009-10-30 06:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, at least I know now that it isn't some freak glitch that's only happening to me ._. lol - It's just been almost 24 hours so a tad annoying.
 Hades.Hiryo
Server: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-10-30 06:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Recently everyone has been having an R0 problem, the whole of Hades keep getting R0's all the time, it's really annoying >.>' But since the maintenance it seems to be fine :x
Anyway goodluck in fixing it!