Anyone Know Anything I Can Use To Bypass China's Internet Limitations?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » anyone know anything I can use to bypass China's internet limitations?
anyone know anything I can use to bypass China's internet limitations?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-10-29 17:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i actually dont watch tv >.> also by america do you mean AMERICA or U.S.?
[+]
 Hades.Dizzmal
Server: Hades
user: Dizzmal
By Hades.Dizzmal 2009-10-29 17:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Dubont said:
Valefor.Integral said:
Remora.Dubont said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
w/e you say kid
its the pikachu isnt it... ; ; you dont like pokemon
no its your lack of going outside, the US is nowhere near becoming one of the worst places to be.. idiot :/
it is compared to the standard of our nation. Economy is failing, government sitting around with their fingers up their ***, losing all of our money because we can't mind our own damn business AND we are using oil from other countries. Now you tell me that isn't just sad. We have plenty of places within our own boundaries to get oil yet we buy it from other countries. As far as I'm concerned, this country is a shithole and has been long before Bush took office, and now obama isnt helping (mainly b/c the president doesnt do ***..they are just the mask to cover up those behind him)

Move to another country... problem solved.....
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By AwonderingDRG 2009-10-29 20:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

geez people calm down. look China is a 3rd world country yes, and I can't just move as freely as some of you think if I were to move back home I would have to break my contract and pay a fee unless I can find another way to get back home. Just moving is not so easy, please think a little before you say such things. Also it is true about USA... our country is not rising to any glory, it is on a decline. Nothing has gotten any better since the Obama, whatever the name, was elected. As Americans I understand how many of you think, but you need to not be so blind. I would suggest you travel outside the country and learn a little more about the outside world other than what you think you might know from the comfort of US media and information you receive people who know nothing but rumored info. Misguided information is not something you can be confident in. Anyway there is no need to get heated on such a topic. I solved my IP issue... and with this I should have no trouble playing either... but for the last issue that seems to remain a problem getting the game to download. The damn site I was going to download from is not letting me download. I think because they are aware I am not in America and just blocking me whether I have the right IP or not. So I need a site other than D2D to download the full game from. Any ideas?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-29 20:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys, let's be serious and stick to the OP's original intent of the thread.

AwonderingDRG said:
I solved my IP issue... and with this I should have no trouble playing either... but for the last issue that seems to remain a problem getting the game to download. The damn site I was going to download from is not letting me download. I think because they are aware I am not in America and just blocking me whether I have the right IP or not. So I need a site other than D2D to download the full game from. Any ideas?

I'm thinking you could try to find it on a torrent site, but you'd also need to purchase the registration codes as the game is not enough, unless you already have an account you can revive. But torrents are all I can think of at the moment; perhaps from the FFXI official site?
[+]
By AwonderingDRG 2009-10-29 20:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks anye
By AwonderingDRG 2009-10-29 20:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

the offical site has EBgames and D2D as sites to buy from, these sites allow game download but d2d is giving me ***and eb does not have the collection for download only the individual parts. but zilart is not one of the parts that they have think that would be a problem.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-29 20:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

No problem^^ Hope you can play soon! 保重!
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-29 20:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhh I see. In that case try a torrent site :)
[+]
By AwonderingDRG 2009-10-29 20:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

does the torrent site give the keys? I hope I can play soon too I am so bored here without video games. I have lots of time to play now which is good since i think I will have to completely start over since it has been at least 5 months since i lasted played
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-29 21:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it doesn't give keys (registration codes?), but if it's only been 5 months you should be able to reactivate your account without any issue; I've had friends reactivate after a year or so. :)
By AwonderingDRG 2009-10-29 21:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah but isn't the character deleted after a period of time? and I am not seeing this game in the torrent's list
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-29 21:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
保重!

ANYE SPEAKS HIEROGLYPHICS!
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-29 21:21:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
保重!

ANYE SPEAKS HIEROGLYPHICS!

WE DON'T SPEAK SQUIGGLY LINES ROUND HERE!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-29 21:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, check another torrent site maybe? Stay safe, though. XD

The character IS deleted after a period of time, but SE never really does it until years have passed. 5 months is not that long, and I've seen people come back, mules and all, after more than 5 months.
By Visc 2009-10-29 21:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Proxy browser?
By AwonderingDRG 2009-10-29 21:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I see well maybe then it is safe I almost wonder if it would be better to start over. I think I would rather have my drg as an elvaan, Hume drg are ok in certain ways but are I think the Elvaans are better on dmg and look better too. It just would suck having to get a lot of gear all over again I hated doing the dynamis and it was hard finding people for the sea stuff. but I guess it wouldn't be that big a deal since I didn't have all of the gear I wanted. guess I'll have to worry about getting the game before I worry about starting over or not.
 Leviathan.Visente
Server: Leviathan
user: Visente
By Leviathan.Visente 2009-10-29 22:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a list of proxy sites.
http://www.hoseface.com/
http://www.cloudturtle.com/
http://www.trashmarker.com/
http://www.upperdonut.com/
http://www.mouthmouse.com/
http://www.sparkpuppy.com/
http://www.coldgalaxy.com/
All blocked by School censor sites currently... But maybe they'll work for you.
P.s. I've come back after not paying for 8 months. Wasn't any trouble at all.
By AwonderingDRG 2009-10-29 22:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think I need a proxy I just need a site I can download the game from now and get the key
 Leviathan.Visente
Server: Leviathan
user: Visente
By Leviathan.Visente 2009-10-29 22:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.direct2drive.com/Search.aspx?SearchTerm=final%20fantasy
Maybe?
 Shiva.Tomasina
Server: Shiva
user: Tomasina
By Shiva.Tomasina 2009-10-30 00:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Was in China in July 2009 and yes its a pain to even try to play FFXI there much less download or access from certain sites. I couldn't even get into Facebook LOL!! Anyways I purchased a personal VPN from Witopia for like 30 USD and Ive been surfing and playing FFXI in China since. Here's the link hope it helps. http://www.witopia.net/welcome.php
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-30 00:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

VPN is actually a really good idea. Same idea applies to "questionable" torrenting habits, where you can route all your traffic through international VPNs for security and safety.
By AwonderingDRG 2009-10-30 05:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i went ahead and got a VPN just having trouble downloading the game
 Ragnarok.Kurty
user: kurty
By Ragnarok.Kurty 2009-10-30 06:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I lived in Shanghai for 3 years and can tell you what I know. Are you in a big city? Can you go to a fancy internet cafe/coffee shop? I could play FFXI there, but not in my apartment because I worked/lived at the school I taught at and the school had this "crazy" proxy server already in place. A friend built me a tunnel and I could get onto playonline, but not the FFXI game itself.

I tried asking a Chinese gamer about and he told me "China's internet is not very good for online games."

My suggestion is to get a modified Wii and a bunch of 60 cent bootleg games, dollar DVDs, and enjoy the fact that McDonalds delivers 24/7 for about a dollar... and forget about FFXI while in China.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-10-30 07:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Download it from the pirate bay or something, that's what I did when I couldn't find all my discs. The one I used wasn't very new (no wotg) but I'm sure you can find a newer one. Mininova or TPB should have good torrents since they're pretty trusted sites (never gotten a virus EVER from any torrent there).
 Pandemonium.Superman
Server: Pandemonium
user: lichinto
By Pandemonium.Superman 2009-10-30 07:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

保重! mean take care in chinese!

beside, have you been look around shop/store in china, maybe some of them have the game in stock, espeically a new collective edition is coming out from SE.
By AwonderingDRG 2009-10-30 12:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

the city I am in seems to not have any big stores around here mostly small markets and then a lot of flee markets. shanghai would have been a much better place to be since it is more international... but here finding someone who speaks english is almost as hard as trying to fly by flapping your arms.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-10-30 12:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Superman said:
保重! mean take care in chinese!
对了~ :3

AwonderingDRG said:
the city I am in seems to not have any big stores around here mostly small markets and then a lot of flee markets. shanghai would have been a much better place to be since it is more international... but here finding someone who speaks english is almost as hard as trying to fly by flapping your arms.
Aww, that's too bad. :( Are you able to order it online? Maybe you might have to buy the $20USD Vana'diel Collection:

PlayOnline News said:

Announcing the FINAL FANTASY XI Ultimate Collection!
User submitted image
We are proud to announce the FINAL FANTASY XI Ultimate Collection for Windows and Xbox 360 for the low price of $19.99! The collection will include the complete original game, all four expansions (Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urhgan, and Wings of the Goddess), as well as all three add-on scenarios (A Crystalline Prophecy, A Moogle Kupo d'Etat, and A Shantotto Ascension) on one easy-to-install DVD!

Click here for more details.
By AwonderingDRG 2009-10-30 14:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I think I might just have my family mail me the copy so i can get it and not keep trying to download it