Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » Ventrilo on bootcamp help
Ventrilo on bootcamp help
 Fairy.Tahls
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tahls
By Fairy.Tahls 2009-10-27 09:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a Macbook Pro and running FFXI with bootcamp and Windows XP sp2. I recently downloaded Ventrilo, and everything works except for I can't talk. Zero hot keys work except for the trackpad. When I click the trackpad, my speaker lights up green and stays green until I log out. Even then, no one can hear me.

I'm thinking it has something to do with using bootcamp in general? I tried messing with a bunch of settings, nothing worked. I've never had a problem with my PC Ventrilo at home, so this was weird. Anyone familiar with bootcamp or something? Would like to get this working.
 Fairy.Vytiss
user: Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2009-10-27 10:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ffxi works with bootcamp tho'?
always wanted to run it on my mac.
 Bahamut.Atrithk
Server: Bahamut
user: Atrithk
By Bahamut.Atrithk 2009-10-27 10:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI works in bootcamp, as does ventrilo.
Are you holding ctrl to talk? You need to. Make sure your microphone works in windows, too, and make sure it's not off. Change the settings for input devices to make sure it isn't reading it as 'muted' microphone...
 Fairy.Tahls
By Fairy.Tahls 2009-10-27 17:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried pretty much every key that would work, Ctrl being one of them. The trackpad was the only one that even lit it up (no sound though).
 Fairy.Tahls
By Fairy.Tahls 2009-10-27 18:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Vytiss said:
ffxi works with bootcamp tho'?
always wanted to run it on my mac.

Yeahhh it actually runs much better on here rather than my PC. Everything is just much faster, better graphics etc. Have had no problems with overheating too (even duel boxing). You should try it. Set up was easy, not sure about vista though.
By Megbite 2009-10-27 18:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi Tahis,

I use the same set up, and had the same problem.

Open your controls folder and set your mic to external (buy a 5$ external mic) and there you have it. For whatever reason windows or bootcamp has a hard time figuring out how to use the internal mic on your mac.
Hope it helps ^^
 Fairy.Tahls
By Fairy.Tahls 2009-10-27 18:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet, thank you. I'm on the Mac side now, I'll try that next time I log on XP tonight.