Back On 360...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » back on 360...
back on 360...
 Valefor.Mattyc
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-09 15:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

ok now that im back on the 360 im afraid same thing is gonna happen i get to 75% or so of download finishing and i get Error Code:POL-1153 which was reason i lost my previous gamer tag im "not" on pc and most subjects online are pc induced..
it is a problem with hdd....
but if there was something wrong with my hdd then i wouldnt be able to save new files am i right?
well i read about minor scratches and such causing interference while downloading expansions...my question is this if i get the disc resurfaced will that fix it or is it fact a hdd error im so lost and upset ughhh!
 Odin.Gabronth
Server: Odin
user: gabronth
By Odin.Gabronth 2009-10-09 16:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

well unless u get ur last gamer tag back it doesnt matter as ur ffxi account is automaticly linked to ur gamer tag wich means u cant log in on xbox period now
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-09 16:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Gabronth said:
well unless u get ur last gamer tag back it doesnt matter as ur ffxi account is automaticly linked to ur gamer tag wich means u cant log in on xbox period now

Not true, he would have to make a new gamertag but the ffxi account won't be able to be played on the new gamertag and unlink the first gamertag. He would have to call POL and give all his info they request to unlink the gamertag from the account and then link it to new gamertag.

I suggest possibly trying a new disc for the xbox, if it doesn't work with the new disk then you may need to format the drive or get some place to try to install it for you.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-09 16:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

nah i called and unlinked my gamertag from my account thats why im getting back on lol, im just afraid if i now link it again is this error code gonna pop up again lol...
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-10-09 16:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I already helped him. He's good.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-09 16:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you unlinked it, you shouldn't get the error again. Just copy the email and password somewhere so you won't forget again.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-10-09 16:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Error code 1153 is a router error. Means his firmware is out of date and needs to update it. The 360 is having problems getting a connection so he is having problems getting through to POL services.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-09 16:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ok if its the router then should i just directly hook up my modem to my xbox then?
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-09 16:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

and thanks for all your help zekky u the ***lol
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-09 16:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ethernet cable is best in my opinion to play ffxi on xbox. Try it directly to the router and see if it fixes.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-10-09 16:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Connecting it directly to the modem would resolve the situation, yes. But you probably want to get around to updating the firmware so you can have multiple ports available for your cable internet.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-09 16:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

yea for when im playin i will use router so i can use computer to but dont u think just for downloading the patches hookin up directly from the modem to the xbox best bet id think that because the power was being distributed to the xbox and my computer might have caused the foul ups.
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-09 16:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

wheres a good website i can download firmware that does not involve rar type files?
is there a specific firmware u would say works best?
any info would help tons thanks
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-10-09 16:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to go to your router's brand's website and download a firmware from there. And if you got to download a rar type file, then that's what you got to do. No ifs, ands and buts about it.

WinRAR
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-09 16:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i found the model i needed specific to my router motorolla lol peice of crap lol
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-09 17:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

i unzipped the rar and there wasnt any type of updating done all it gave me was a bunch or read me crap...
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-10-09 18:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you read the material?
 Odin.Gabronth
Server: Odin
user: gabronth
By Odin.Gabronth 2009-10-09 19:13:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
[Not true, he would have to make a new gamertag but the ffxi account won't be able to be played on the new gamertag and unlink the first gamertag. He would have to call POL and give all his info they request to unlink the gamertag from the account and then link it to new gamertag.

good to know thx
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-09 19:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

thats what popped up in the read my file
 Valefor.Mattyc
By Valefor.Mattyc 2009-10-09 19:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

another question i should ask will firewalls mess up downloading the patches?
im trying to come up with anything i might have overlooked before.