CLASSES REVEILED FOR FF14!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » CLASSES REVEILED FOR FF14!
CLASSES REVEILED FOR FF14!
 Siren.Markii
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Markai
By Siren.Markii 2009-10-09 02:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Markii said:
no script add-on?
why can't SE ever just make a normal web page, all this flash nonsense is annoying. waiting for each
page to load up.. each time you click..

How is that any different then a normal website where you have to load a new page anytime you click a link?

cause a normal website doesn't take more than 2 seconds to load whereas every flash site, for me at least, takes upwards of 30s to load.

Eagleeyes said:

he so paranoid that he thinks the FFXIV site will hax his SE account

yeah that's it exactly i'm a retard that thinks flash will take my account....
 Bahamut.Lingxiaoyu
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lingxiaoyu 2009-10-09 03:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope shooting doesnt use up ammo anymore, like in FF12
 Asura.Hit
Server: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2009-10-09 03:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Wetton said:
reveiled

Lol yeah, seriously it was bugging me too.

Either unveiled or revealed. Make up your mind.

Reveiled means SE was like "ohshit hide the new jobs"

lol'd
 Ramuh.Kyamiiux
Server: Ramuh
user: Kyamiiux
By Ramuh.Kyamiiux 2009-10-09 04:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the most awesome thing ever.

User submitted image
 Sylph.Slide
Server: Sylph
user: Slide
By Sylph.Slide 2009-10-09 05:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing i wana know so far, is will i be able to jump?!
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-10-09 05:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyamiiux said:
This is the most awesome thing ever.

User submitted image

Looks like Freya got facelift. (Lancer from FFIX for the uninitiated).

I still hope they introduce some Pet Classes before Launch, hopefully if they go with a Beastmaster/Druid/Pathfinder (Whatever the hell you want to call it) they make the Familiars a little more 'permanent" sort of like Puppetmaster's Automaton or actually more like Dragoon's Wyvern, though still maintaining their ability to choose to manipulate the local wildlife instead.

A bigger question still remains, how are "Mixed" Classes going to come into play. Things like Paladin and Dark Knight obviously take abilities from both War and Magic, sooooooooooo, how's that going to work? (I believe it was already stated, that there is a "Knight" class which is the Paladin renamed)
 Sylph.Durzo
By Sylph.Durzo 2009-10-09 06:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

from the looks of things it looks like they might stick with a side card game like in previous games, if indeed they do this is wicked, i loved them games :3

On a side note, wasnt to excited about the game but i think i will try it out lol...

User submitted image
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-09 06:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny, how a lot of people immediately start comparing activities and classes from a game that hasn't come out yet to FFXI. It's kind of annoying to see.

"OH LOOK HE HAS A BOW, HE'S A RANGER"

Seriously, an archer is NOTHING like a ranger. Nothing. Please stop making silly comparisons. I know some aunt gertrudes here like to speculate but it's kind of annoying.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2009-10-09 06:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking through the Bestiary, I like the Mammet.
Reminds me of the Automaton. :x
 Gilgamesh.Phalon
Server: Gilgamesh
user: patience
By Gilgamesh.Phalon 2009-10-09 06:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Beelshamen said:
Funny, how a lot of people immediately start comparing activities and classes from a game that hasn't come out yet to FFXI. It's kind of annoying to see.

Seriously, an archer is NOTHING like a ranger. Nothing. Please stop making silly comparisons. I know some aunt gertrudes here like to speculate but it's kind of annoying.

And if he summons something you want to call him a baker? Lol

Look He summoned Ifrit! He must need fire for that new recipe.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-09 07:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phalon said:
And if he summons something you want to call him a baker? Lol

Look He summoned Ifrit! He must need fire for that new recipe.

Cool story, hansel.

You made a funny.

From now on I'll start refering to all black people as nigerians.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-09 07:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's working now so I've had a browse through. Thanks for all the helpful replies. =)

At least Mithras still look good!
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-09 07:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Beelshamen said:

Right... Because you're played FFXIV to know that? I wonder how you're pointing out there's no comparison to make on the same information other people are making their comparisons on?

That's just dabbled with delicious irony. And stupidity. More of the irony, though. Honestly, I'd sooner read people's comparisons and speculations than your whining, lol.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Slade
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Slade 2009-10-09 07:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Beelshamen said:

Yeah, Archer will be tanking the mob with his bow by parrying it and the Gladiator will probably deal damage from a distance by throwing his shield like Captain America.
[+]
 Asura.Subzorro
user: Tuxedo
By Asura.Subzorro 2009-10-09 07:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

FF14 is nothing but 11 with a serious upgrade. That is all!
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-09 08:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, yeah. It
Wooooodum said:
Beelshamen said:

Right... Because you're played FFXIV to know that? I wonder how you're pointing out there's no comparison to make on the same information other people are making their comparisons on?

That's just dabbled with delicious irony. And stupidity. More of the irony, though. Honestly, I'd sooner read people's comparisons and speculations than your whining, lol.

Why did you put lol at the end of that post? If there is one stupid thing here it's you overusing the term "lol". Ending posts with lol is so stupid that I see yours as invalid.

I was talking about common sense. Linking this game to something that's new and yet to come out is really not good for your health. Try to just ride the waves and see what's coming instead of screaming FIRE everytime some new details pops up. What are you? 12?
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-09 08:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Beelshamen said:
Why did you put lol at the end of that post? If there is one stupid thing here it's you overusing the term "lol". Ending posts with lol is so stupid that I see yours as invalid.

I was talking about common sense. Linking this game to something that's new and yet to come out is really not good for your health. Try to just ride the waves and see what's coming instead of screaming FIRE everytime some new details pops up. What are you? 12?

I'll tell you what's not good for your health. Having a tantrum over people speculating about a future release on a forum and insulting people over it, as well as having a tantrum over somebody using the word "lol" on the internet.

No, I am not 12. I could respond with "But you must be!", however, I am not at the petty level of insulting people's age because I have absolutely no reinforcement to my points.
[+]
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-10-09 08:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what it looks like to me, lol.

I was wondering/hoping if they'd come out with a male mithra this time, or if I'd pick a different race since I might not play thf this go round. But it looks like I'm stuck with the tail again.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-09 08:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
I'll tell you what's not good for your health. Having a tantrum over people speculating about a future release on a forum and insulting people over it, as well as having a tantrum over somebody using the word "lol" on the internet.

No, I am not 12. I could respond with "But you must be!", however, I am not at the petty level of insulting people's age because I have absolutely no reinforcement to my points.

Ar ranger is an archer, an archer however, in the definition of the word is not a ranger.

That's why the archer class in FFXIV can hardly be rangers.

But I'm being too specific now. I just took that example out for all the "jolly! Oh, look we got a ranger! Oh and that's a tank...!" etc etc.

And this is why I called out your current age. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-10-09 08:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Beelshamen said:
Ar ranger is an archer, an archer however, in the definition of the word is not a ranger.

But that's really just semantics. For the intentions of what the job does in Final Fantasy XI, Ranger is an Archer. You shoot arrows with a bow, or you shoot bullets with a gun. Admitedly, the second isn't an Archer, but to argue over the semantics just seems pointless.

Either way, I will play it, whatever they call it, as COR and RNG are my two favourite jobs in FFXI. And no harm done, it's always nice having a little tiff now and then.
 Sylph.Slide
user: Slide
By Sylph.Slide 2009-10-09 09:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

jumping gdi, give me jumping!
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-09 19:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

As I think I saw mentioned earlier, I always thought it would've been an awesome idea to be able to play Tetra Master in XI while LFP with friends or strangers. Would really love to see something like that in XIV. D;
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-10-09 19:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
As I think I saw mentioned earlier, I always thought it would've been an awesome idea to be able to play Tetra Master in XI while LFP with friends or strangers. Would really love to see something like that in XIV. D;

I agree! ^^
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2009-10-09 19:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:

As long as it's playable In-Game (At any Aetherite Camp site, or Town) and the Original Tetra Master, I'd be so down for that ***.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-10-09 19:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Zicdeh said:
Caiyuo said:

As long as it's playable In-Game (At any Aetherite Camp site, or Town) and the Original Tetra Master, I'd be so down for that ***.
Same, needs to be in-game with friends or strangers, I'd hope. Also, I'd like it if you could arrange games anywhere between 2 people, and the Camp sites/Town tables could be reserved for tourneys or something to that effect. Whatever makes the time sink pass by quickly in a fun way. lol
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-09 19:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never played that Tetra Master game...
 Phoenix.Grouch
Server: Phoenix
user: grunge206
By Phoenix.Grouch 2009-10-09 20:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle BANNED! for never playing Tetra Master.

....wait wrong forum
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-09 20:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Grouch said:
Kungfuhustle BANNED! for never playing Tetra Master.

....wait wrong forum

troll... FAIL LOL!
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-10 00:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wooooodum said:
Beelshamen said:

But that's really just semantics. For the intentions of what the job does in Final Fantasy XI, Ranger is an Archer. You shoot arrows with a bow, or you shoot bullets with a gun. Admitedly, the second isn't an Archer, but to argue over the semantics just seems pointless.

Either way, I will play it, whatever they call it, as COR and RNG are my two favourite jobs in FFXI. And no harm done, it's always nice having a little tiff now and then.

I noticed in the smithing section:

FFXIV Website said:
And while these basic techniques have survived the ages, countless different branches of smithing, including gunsmithing, have emerged in recent years, further broadening the scope of this ancient trade.

There will be guns, not just bows and arrows. I'm going to be a blacksmith again this time around, as well as maybe a shooter if they have their own job aside from archer (probably not, but w/e). I'm also wondering from that above quote if you can actually choose to go down these "different branches of smithing" and choose to be an actual gunsmith, or if it's just saying that "blacksmiths also make guns". Probably the latter, but I'd still love to see the gunsmith title next to my name.