New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 2-3 box
2-3 box
By SimonSes 2018-01-18 07:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello community :)

I got access to friend's account. He was mostly leveling/equipping SCH, COR, SAM and RNG. He has 119 Non AG Yoichi and Armageddon and 95lv Amanomurakumo. Most of his gear is from 2016 and earlier.

On my main I mostly play SMN and BLU.

I also started another account from zero.

I'm looking for a help to decide on what should I focus on alts? My idea is to make GEO on this new account, so I can 3box with smn/blu + cor + geo. I will probably also make THF and WAR for Abyssea farming I guess.

What other jobs I should equip on both alts? should I AG Yoichi or Armageddon? Should I bother with RNG?

What I want to do? Mainly most of stuff that can be done with 3box or 3box with Trusts.

Looking for all helpful ideas. Thx!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2018-01-18 08:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Almace for a start and probably some other empy in future. I tho it would be obvious :)

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-01-18 08:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Level Everything, gear as needed.
By zaxtiss 2018-01-18 09:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

geo on one of the alts and thf on one of the alts and main nin for red proc imo ior as said above blu burn gold boxes... so boring to me lol but hey to each there own. but best case i think is to 4 box main can be blu then geo thf and red procer job. i don't know if you want to do a 4th char though i enjoy 4 chars im thinking about 5 or 6 soon.
By SimonSes 2018-01-18 09:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

What Josiahfk said. You use BLU to AoE for gold chests to get most KI, then you go to complete the pop KI set by killing NMs and WAR alt is there to cover red proc for 100% KI. THF alt for better chance on getting empy item.

You can obviously do this solo too, but it would take you like 20 times longer. Especially if you have something like Glavoid to farm. Last time I tried it solo on BLU I couldn't get KI from Adze for 1h+. It didn't want to drop from chests even with optimal lights (maxed amber and pearlscent) and didn't drop from 6 Adze I killed too and that was with no competition. With even one other person farming Adze it would be even worse. Doing it like I described at start is the most optimal way and can save you tons of time. I know it because 5 years ago I was abyssea mercenary and I was doing 50 empy items daily.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-18 09:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

fyi - NIN/war can get all procs also if they have Master Trials lightsaber. This month especially, they can buy ark tachi and ark scythe for 300 login points.

A GEO or COR mule is always handy. Pocket WHM as well.
By SimonSes 2018-01-18 09:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

@zaxtiss I would only consider 4th char if some other friend would give me ready to go character. Doing one alt from 0 will be an achievement for me already. I have full time job, wife and 7 months old kid. 3 boxing is already a stretch for me. Also Trusts are there in most cases and I actually really enjoy the concept of Trusts, even with it's limitation.
By zaxtiss 2018-01-18 10:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

oh i get it i've done 0-119 about 9 times it sucks lol.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-01-18 10:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You can set original plans for the alts all you want. If you learn to play multiple accounts though those plans will change I promise you. Soon it will be "I need a BLM/SCH for this physical shield", or "He procs on SC's so Ill deck out SAM and use that." Just minor examples, and probably can be done a hundred ways, but the point is you will always want one more thing. That's just the way it goes as we continue to play; or until we decide not to. Just a personal note, it has always been nice to have at least GEO, THF, and one decent DD job for doing random things. Then you run in to months when ambuscade blocks 90% of the jobs you play and you need something else *just in case.*

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2018-01-18 11:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you ever done empy farming? Sometimes you won't see specific KI you need for pop set for 30-60 minutes and you are sitting at 3/4 for that time wishing you have WAR there to just go and pop nm and get KI for 4/4 in few minutes. You cleave for KI then finish set by killing NM you miss KI from. It's by far the fastest method.

Another even more important reason is that not all KI drop from chests so good luck farming them this way :)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2018-01-18 14:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
fyi - NIN/war can get all procs also if they have Master Trials lightsaber.
damn, that is smart of SE lol. Do you know of any strategies that use a ninja for the fight? never done.

You need an extremely well coordinated team first off. You can get away with a mule as cor for buffs but it's best to have one that can dd as well. I personally beat it with brd rdm war nin cor whm. All of which were geared extremely well. Opted for rdm over geo cause paralyze slow inundation frazzle3 distract3 and dia 3. I believe bubbles are nerfed in some way but I dunno for sure.

We beat it in like 36minutes time.

If you want more details on how we did it you can PM me about it.
By Boshi 2018-01-18 14:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

THe original popular method actually had blu and nin as the main DDs for that fight, you need to have a dagger setup but nin is cery usable.

Post deleted by User.