BLU melee vs Neak
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-01-11 15:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tried this fight and while our 4-man/2-NPC group (PUP tank, BLUx2, COR, Apururu, Selt'heus) did not die, we could not hit this guy for sh*t despite full acc gear on. I have 1200 JP (not master though) and the AF+2 body/hands/feet and Carmine+1 legs for acc and pretty much acc only gear (sanctity neck, etc). I sit around 1450 acc with full acc spellset and no food and no buffs. Unfortunately, acc caps around 1700 for Neak.

This biggest issue is that this guy dispels food, too! So are geo and/or bards absolutely necessary (geo since their effects cant be dispeled and bard because they can easily spam songs) to go BLU melee route vs Neak?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-01-11 15:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pew pew is your friend on Neak...
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-01-11 15:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Neak can potentially be soloed on BLU (reference) but it's definitely not easy so I'd get at least a GEO/BRD/RDM to help if you are just after the drops. If you want to try just for the challenge, what could help you would be:
  • Get to 1530JP (13 accuracy from gift)

• Sub /DNC and use quickstep (up to -44 eva)

• Use Sylvie trust as she'll do indi-precision (+56 acc) if your accuracy is too low

• Bring couple stacks of sublime and re-use every dispel

Also consider you are losing a lot of MA using full accuracy gear (especially in your case when you are using +2 compared to HQ adhemar) and I'm sure that Cemu is riding Tizona AM3 to counter that.
 Asura.Boogerballs
Server: Asura
By Asura.Boogerballs 2018-01-11 16:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ditch the pup and get a geo, that'll solve most of your issues. Another way u can do it is instead of relying on the blus for dmg u can make distortion using the blus and having the cor use leaden for darkness. That alone will take off a good chunk if the cor is geared properly. Geo can also Mb on top of this.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-01-11 17:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I just did this last night on drg(relic) with geo(900skill no idris) cor(less than perfect roll set) and rdm, don't bother with a tank as we figured out after first run we wiped, instead used yoran and kupipi to heal and paralyna ASAP, even with entrust topor on me with sushi +1 and a base of like 1400 acc my overall acc was like 88% but it died quick enough. like some one alrdy mentioned, drop the pup get a Geo and you should kill NP.

cor used Sam chaos.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-01-11 19:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
I just did this last night on drg(relic) with geo(900skill no idris) cor(less than perfect roll set) and rdm, don't bother with a tank as we figured out after first run we wiped, instead used yoran and kupipi to heal and paralyna ASAP, even with entrust topor on me with sushi +1 and a base of like 1400 acc my overall acc was like 88% but it died quick enough. like some one alrdy mentioned, drop the pup get a Geo and you should kill NP.

cor used Sam chaos.

Video or it didn't happen
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-01-11 19:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Shiva.Eightball said: »

cor used Sam chaos.

Video or it didn't happen

[+]
By Afania 2018-01-11 20:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm quite sure acc requirement isnt 1700. I've duoed Neak with GEO+RUN and won. Without brd my acc wouldn't hit 1700.

1500 is probably right, but I can be wrong since it's been a while.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-01-11 20:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

think the 1700 was before the agi changes to nms
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-01-11 20:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

my acc last night looking things over would proly have been around 1550-1600 with all the buffs and whatnot, and my SB showed around 88% acc for me.

edit: if rdm was doing distract it would have been over 1600 possibly as high as 1700 depending on skill.

Edit again: talked to RDM and he was doing distract 3 with near capped potency so acc was likely totaled 1690-1710ish.
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-01-12 06:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I am fairly confident that 1500 Acc is not good enough. My base Acc was 1450 and it took forever to get TP because of so many misses. I do not know if Acc caps at 1700 but that was what I read from BG Wiki.

We ended up using a PLD, WHM, GEO, SCH, BLM, BLM setup and toward the end added a 7th (leech) bursting on Thunder and using TP wings and WS's to white proc the MDT move. The fight was pretty easy, but drawn out (around 10 minutes).

I would like to revisit meleeing this NM and am thinking PLD, WHM, GEO, BRD, and DD X2. BRD will cast Acc X2 at minimum. When fighting with height variance, you can easily dodge meteor (since he uses Voidsong first and Meteor has long casting time) by moving up/down height. During CS the plan is to simply move out of the way (using height) and let the PLD solo it until CS wears off. Rebuffing should be simple (GEO can't be dispeled and a good BRD should be able to cast any songs at 20% or lower casting time). If we do melee him, I'll post here on whether this setup works. The only thing that I worry about is the curse move (is this AoE or conal?) followed by chainspell and a high tier waterga
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-12 09:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The 1700 number on the wiki was put up before one or both of the evasion nerfs, and is outdated.
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-01-12 09:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
The 1700 number on the wiki was put up before one or both of the evasion nerfs, and is outdated.
This is not correct, if you check the BGwiki Neak history you'll see that it reported 2k+ evasion on March 2017 and updated ~1,750 on April 2017 after the test post-eva nerf (February 2017). The 1.7k eva is the current one and it is validated by other posts in this thread as well as my personal experience where 1.6k wasn't enough to get an acceptable hit-rate like 3 months ago.

As Eightball mentioned, distract 3 is really huge (especially with saboteur) as it can get to -300 eva with good gear making it much easier to cap accuracy with gear and focus on atk/stp buffs
[+]
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2018-01-12 09:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
I am fairly confident that 1500 Acc is not good enough. My base Acc was 1450 and it took forever to get TP because of so many misses. I do not know if Acc caps at 1700 but that was what I read from BG Wiki.

We ended up using a PLD, WHM, GEO, SCH, BLM, BLM setup and toward the end added a 7th (leech) bursting on Thunder and using TP wings and WS's to white proc the MDT move. The fight was pretty easy, but drawn out (around 10 minutes).

I would like to revisit meleeing this NM and am thinking PLD, WHM, GEO, BRD, and DD X2. BRD will cast Acc X2 at minimum. When fighting with height variance, you can easily dodge meteor (since he uses Voidsong first and Meteor has long casting time) by moving up/down height. During CS the plan is to simply move out of the way (using height) and let the PLD solo it until CS wears off. Rebuffing should be simple (GEO can't be dispeled and a good BRD should be able to cast any songs at 20% or lower casting time). If we do melee him, I'll post here on whether this setup works. The only thing that I worry about is the curse move (is this AoE or conal?) followed by chainspell and a high tier waterga

Do u guys not have -dt sets of something? Meteor should be the least of your worries
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-01-12 10:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sure everyone has MDT and PDT sets; I was just thinking of the safest way to handle it during CS all it does is cast spells which can be easily avoided. It was just something I noticed during our magic burst run. Simply be on different height and no aoe -- whether meteor or *ga or any of his stomp moves -- and you cannot be hit or lose buffs.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-01-12 19:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You can silence Neak. Also, Indi/Geo-Fade turns Meteor into a complete non-problem.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2018-01-13 00:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I just popped one with my alt and trusts just to see how acc was.

I was on WAR (1284 ACC in town). I used sublime sushi, Cornelia (+20 acc?) so my acc was about 1460 before entrust topor. ACC was good enough to spam Resolution until it silenced all my trusts and I died. I doubt it's as high as 1,700, but you probably do need BRD and GEO buffs if you wanna cap acc in low/mid ACC sets.
By Muffz 2018-01-13 09:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's getting voidsong off you're not killing it fast enough. This is a straight 90 second zerg fight with blu/geo/whm and 3 trusts. My dream team is august/apururu/KoH but any tank/healer/support combo can work.

With Idris geo use torpor and bog/ecliptic frailty with entrust vex. Geo can super to get another entrust for fury/fade/whatever your needs. Pop bravers/monarchs/petrify screen and appropriate buffs for your DD job. I do this as blu/war with tiz/alm so I use sublime sushi NQ, berserk, aggressor, nature's, cocoon, flutter, MG and warcry before first weapon skill.

Whm will use pro/shell/barblizz/para/auspice/boost str or dex, and regen 4. If your whm wants to stand in for an extra wing or two they should also use petrify screen and will be spamming curaga 3/4 during chainspell.

As soon as frailty is down go to town. Whatever support you bring should lucid wing 1 + 2 when you need it. It might be worth popping your own daedelus wing but that's up to you. Also worth noting that the amount of TP gained from temp wings is dependent on your STP values.

Sometimes i'll go fight some fodder with qultada out to get two rolls but it's not necessary.

I'm not too sure what the acc values are for this fight but I run 1300~ in my low acc TP set before food. My vorseals are all 10/11 or 11/11 so there's quite a bit of acc from those especially acc++ 11/11.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-01-13 10:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
I just popped one with my alt and trusts just to see how acc was.

I was on WAR (1284 ACC in town). I used sublime sushi, Cornelia (+20 acc?) so my acc was about 1460 before entrust topor. ACC was good enough to spam Resolution until it silenced all my trusts and I died. I doubt it's as high as 1,700, but you probably do need BRD and GEO buffs if you wanna cap acc in low/mid ACC sets.

were you parsing? what was your acc %? if you read my post above about acc you will see the 1750 listed on BG is about right, i had 88% acc with around 1690-1710( note this likly was skewed a bit by a few swings before topor and distract went on).
By Muffz 2018-01-13 10:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Dragon breaker also provides a flat -20 evasion.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-01-13 10:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

yea but i didnt always remember to use on that run, usualy just hit circle and angon and went to town.
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2018-01-13 10:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It was a very short parse, so who knows where it would have ended up but I was at 90% before I swapped into turtle gear to ride out sleepga. My acc was about 1450 before the acc from the trust so 1470 I'm guessing?

I'm not terribly well versed in GEO, but I think the entrust topor from my NQ GEO alt should give about another -35 EVA down? From my estimation that puts me in the vicinity of 1500-1525 effective acc, unless the bg wiki is wildly inaccurate about the effects of entrust topor.

I was getting TP back fast enough to spam resolution by the time the animation from the last one had finished, so parse inaccuracies and bad math aside, I highly doubt there's another 200 acc to make up for there.

Here's the set I was using.
ItemSet 356104
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-01-13 13:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

so it was just you and a geo for RL players?
 Asura.Zanosan
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2018-01-13 15:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
It was a very short parse, so who knows where it would have ended up but I was at 90% before I swapped into turtle gear to ride out sleepga. My acc was about 1450 before the acc from the trust so 1470 I'm guessing?

I'm not terribly well versed in GEO, but I think the entrust topor from my NQ GEO alt should give about another -35 EVA down? From my estimation that puts me in the vicinity of 1500-1525 effective acc, unless the bg wiki is wildly inaccurate about the effects of entrust topor.

I was getting TP back fast enough to spam resolution by the time the animation from the last one had finished, so parse inaccuracies and bad math aside, I highly doubt there's another 200 acc to make up for there.

Here's the set I was using.
ItemSet 356104

Don't forget about accuracy vorseals, I didn't see you mentioning them above. With a party of BRD GEO COR WHM DD DD I am able to kill Neak in around 50 seconds. With 2 good BLUs it shouldn't take much longer. Buffs used are: HM/March/Mad/Mad Fade/BoGFrailty Samurai/Fighter's but this allows me to use my greediest low acc sets and still cap accuracy with sushi. I can go take my DD and BRD out to escha and give you the accuracy numbers later this evening but that shouldn't be necessary.
By Ruaumoko 2018-01-13 16:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Neak gets absolutely flattened by a Trishula DRG and x2 supports, do not even need a tank and the healers can be trusts.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-01-13 16:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Neak gets absolutely flattened by a Trishula DRG and x2 supports, do not even need a tank and the healers can be trusts.

this is about what i did, but used gung instead.
By Sabishii 2018-01-16 14:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

When I did Neak a few days ago, we had idris GEO, 2 BLUs, PLD, and an outside COR roll (hunter's and samurai). The first few fights went easy peasy, but then the last run was harder because he decided to dispel buffs and get spammy, but we still managed to get him down. One of the BLUs had accuracy issues I think, because he wasn't as geared as I.
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-01-17 13:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sabishii said: »
When I did Neak a few days ago, we had idris GEO, 2 BLUs, PLD, and an outside COR roll (hunter's and samurai). The first few fights went easy peasy, but then the last run was harder because he decided to dispel buffs and get spammy, but we still managed to get him down. One of the BLUs had accuracy issues I think, because he wasn't as geared as I.

Upon entering Reisenjima, what is your checkparam for TP and for WS (no buffs/food)? This will at least give me a better idea of how to gear for the fight (not sure where I'll find an Idris GEO though).
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2018-01-20 17:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Boogs said: »
Upon entering Reisenjima, what is your checkparam for TP and for WS (no buffs/food)? This will at least give me a better idea of how to gear for the fight (not sure where I'll find an Idris GEO though).

spicy just made some dumb video about neak, he said you need around 1650+ acc. He said just get enough acc in order to proc him and WS him to death

(video if it helps)

sorry, spicy is under house arrest and can't post himself because he isn't responsible enough
[+]
 Cerberus.Boogs
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-01-29 11:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

We finally got around to trying the melee route last night and I can say that it is quite possible with a BRD (G-Horn, 3-song) with Fili+1 gear. I used Madrigal X2 and V.March after every Voidsong. BLUs were around the 1700 acc mark and had 95% acc from the parses we did. The Fili+1 set is also very good magic defense. We also used a GEO but I do not remember what our GEO was casting.

We did ocasionally lose, though, when it spammed chainspell like 5 times seemingly back to back.

Our setup was PLD, BLU x2, BRD, GEO, RDM x2 (not what I would have wanted, but that was what we had available). I think the ideal setup for melee would be PLD, WHM, BRD, GEO, BLUx3

EDIT: I would like to add that DD's w/out REMA is perfectly able to take this down.
First Page 2