Ambuscade V1 - January 2018
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Phoenix.Erics
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2018-01-10 20:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

we beat VD then tried it again midway through fight he got a dark aura and mijin for 99999
do i need darkness to break it?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-01-10 20:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternatively, you can also apparently break the auras with crits (though it either takes a lot or the chance is really low). Last time the most common strategy was to take a couple nins with innin up and rogue's roll and just melee until they broke.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-01-10 20:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Alternatively, you can also apparently break the auras with crits (though it either takes a lot or the chance is really low). Last time the most common strategy was to take a couple nins with innin up and rogue's roll and just melee until they broke.
Kendatsuuuubaaaaaaa
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-10 21:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a bunch of pups and rock 100% crits with dynamos!

Also not sure if it works for this but swipe/lunge counts as a crit for omen objectives so maybe here?
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-01-10 23:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
Kendatsuuuubaaaaaaa

Hey everyone, don't laugh but MNK with crit gear and Impetus should actually be pretty good if you wanted to try this strat too. Either Mummu +1/+2 pieces or Kendatsuba should work well. Mummu gets more crit rate, Kendatsuba gets TA on every piece, and both have strong Acc/Meva.
[+]
 Asura.Omgwhy
Server: Asura
By Asura.Omgwhy 2018-01-10 23:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lolmnk
[+]
 Shiva.Afliction
Server: Shiva
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2018-01-11 00:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Kendatsuuuubaaaaaaa

Hey everyone, don't laugh but MNK with crit gear and Impetus should actually be pretty good if you wanted to try this strat too. Either Mummu +1/+2 pieces or Kendatsuba should work well. Mummu gets more crit rate, Kendatsuba gets TA on every piece, and both have strong Acc/Meva.
can u teach me to mnk?
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-01-11 00:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Afliction said: »
can u teach me to mnk?
Spam CDC and use Astral Conduit!
[+]
By Afania 2018-01-11 02:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean crit on adds or on main NM?
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-01-11 03:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know of why or how to prevent the protector from turning and hitting the mages/healers?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-01-11 03:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

You mean crit on adds or on main NM?

On the adds.

You can see an example here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlhyvlbTQlg
[+]
 Shiva.Afliction
Server: Shiva
user: Freazer
By Shiva.Afliction 2018-01-11 13:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Afliction said: »
can u teach me to mnk?
Spam CDC and use Astral Conduit!
seems legit.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-01-11 13:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Kendatsuuuubaaaaaaa

I shall not laugh.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-01-11 22:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Greetings everyone,

I would like to share our strategy for this month ambuscade on [D,VD]:

Party: //WHM PLD SAM COR GEO BRD//

Steps:

1.Essential Buffs:

WHM Buffs: Boost DEX, BarWater, BarParalyzra, Auspice, Regen, Stoneskin, Aquaveil then Barstonra+Barvira on Main.

COR Buffs: Fighters + Crooked Rouge on adds then Chaos+Sam on Main.

GEO Buffs: GEO DEX, Haste, Accuracy on Adds then Fury + Haste on Main.

BRD Buffs: Honor, Acc, March on adds then Honor Attk acc on Main.

*Second cycle of buffs need to be done away from PLD.
*PLD shouldn't receive any sort of buffs during tanking.
*PLD shouldn't cast flash on Main since it will cause Amnesia [For a LONG time], therefore /BLU for self target hate spells is way better or use a competent RUN.

2.PLD goes in uses sentinel agro everything then go back to starting corner and Rampart when Lancer pets are out.

3. BRD Sleeps Everything and keeps Ice Threnody + Paralyze on Main during the end of the fight.

4. SAM and COR [mele only] Adds with this order until Aura is broken:
Protector > Lancer > Moraingist > Erudite

5. The idea here is to keep on mele damage with the highest level of critical hit rate to break each Aura then proceed with ws's.

6. Protecter seems to have hate reset mechanics if any magical action was done on it + it uses Invincible.

7. Lancer pets also seem to share hate with Main and could be triggered by any magical action done on Main or Lancer.

8. Moraingist can be very tricky to stagger, since he has a really high counter rate so its advised to mele it from the back and during HF counter rate becomes increasingly higher so take it down as quickly as possible,also note that it resets hate every time it uses Hydro Shot and/or Sucker Punch >.> which tends to be spammy with it during 1hr ...

9. Erudite is an asshat, not only it Bene's it also spams two spells at the same time .. usually paralyze + silence + Sleepga so PLD must take it away from Main while its asleep and proceed with stagger then ws's.

10. The Main Boss can be quite easy if it was zerged from start with 5step sc ending with Rad, the moment it starts its elemental wheel cycle you have about 8 actions to break this cycle with [Ice Threnody + Paralyze + Tachi:Kasha] usually it starts with Utsusemi:San>Fire>Water>Thunder>Earth>Wind>Ice>Dark>Dark>Mijin=Wipe...
Its a really long window but rarely uses it in case you managed to kill it super fast or break the wheel.

Bring Panacea to remove ailments during that phase so you can keep up your WS cycle and avoid the drama of axing your WHM or BRD.

In case you wiped.. BRD can easily get up sleep Main again and recover party.

Enjoy your Grind and Good Luck~

Tip: All gather at Moogle and WHM can switch to COR use Naturalist's Roll, Switch SCH use AoE Regen with max duration, Use AoE Stoneskin, AoE Aquaveil, AoE Blink Then switch to WHM and use Pro/Shell.

Disclaimer: Clear times may vary depending on Jobs used and Gear.

Here is a video of our first attempt at [D], many mistakes were made but the strat is much clearer now:
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Afania 2018-01-11 22:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering if KC with madrigal x2 could be useful to attack more rounds and trigger more crit.

Edit: Also here's NIN setup VD video.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Looking at the video it doesn't seem very dangerous, maybe geo and brd are more ideal to melee.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-01-11 23:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah replacing SAM with a NIN works as well with Innin and Kikoku paralyze would be great.
Personally I find COR to be more viable with a competent SAM [esaier to manage]
One more thing, in case Aura got back up [which is a mix of light and dark aura] you need to break both using the corresponding skill chain [Light and Dark], so far it seems rather random which one breaks first but probably [Dark breaks dark and Light breaks light]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-01-11 23:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Blood Rage, Sword Chucks, and Vorpal Blade spam?
By Afania 2018-01-11 23:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Or maybe use SMN as healer and do Ramuhs favor
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-01-12 00:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a few more where I was able to confirm and refine a few things:

•Confirmed you need to "proc" it via crit(?) or corresponding skillchain exactly 4 times to break NM's aura. The NM can't be using a TP move or spell or it won't count. Sped up run a ton since there was way fewer wasted skillchains.

•Mega Boss can still use TP moves if you don't kill quick enough to lock it in Ninjutsu spam mode. Decussate isn't locked, but MUCH weaker.

•The dark aura the Mega Boss gets once you start killing it is tied to Mijin Gakure; it will put the aura up at 75, 50 and 25%. If you don't remove it, it will either eventually get white aura back up and take -95% damage again or it will use mijin and kill everyone. After it uses Mijin, both auras will be removed.

•To remove the Boss's aura, you must either do darkness or light skillchain; single step skillchain seems to take 2 to break while multistep will break aura in 1. I believe it's random which, so your setup needs to include a means to do both light/dark if you can't zerg it quick enough.

Question about JP vid: Are they getting each of the 4 messages needed to break the NM's aura or does a crit have a chance to break the NM's weapon instantly to remove aura?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-01-12 00:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Watching carefully I only see the leader message when the weapon breaks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-01-12 00:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Blood Rage, Sword Chucks, and Vorpal Blade spam?

Not a bad thought. Lot of pro's to Ninja though. Lots of accessible gear with crit rate + and more importantly able to full time Innin which starts at a 30% Crit rate + and slowly degrades to 10% in 5 minutes. Recast is up again before that happens though.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-01-12 00:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe its the accumulated damage done via critical hits.
Can easily trace that with [Protector] during Invincible with Aura up to dismiss "proc" probability vs accumulated critical damage.

Same with sc method, sc damage seems to trigger break on adds and not the amount of sc's maybe.
If this theory holds true, a SCDMG roll will be enough to remove Arua with a SAM doing the corresponding sc/add.
[+]
By Afania 2018-01-12 01:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
I believe its the accumulated damage done via critical hits.
Can easily trace that with [Protector] during Invincible with Aura up to dismiss "proc" probability vs accumulated critical damage.

Same with sc method, sc damage seems to trigger break on adds and not the amount of sc's maybe.
If this theory holds true, a SCDMG roll will be enough to remove Arua with a SAM doing the corresponding sc/add.

If that's the case then empyrean AM3 ftw.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-12 07:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Damage on SC's doesn't matter, I break gravitation easily with Shellcrusher to Sunburst. For D it's two SC's for VD it's three four and the NM can't be in an animation when it happens. This is a system that's been in place ever since we were breaking imp's horns in ToAU to learn Frentic Rip or the mummy sword for Spinal Cleave.
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2018-01-12 09:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Damage on SC's doesn't matter, I break gravitation easily with Shellcrusher to Sunburst. For D it's two SC's for VD it's three and the NM can't be in an animation when it happens. This is a system that's been in place ever since we were breaking imp's horns in ToAU to learn Frentic Rip or the mummy sword for Spinal Cleave.

Are u sure it's 3 skillchains for VD? I was doing VD last night and it seemed random. I wasn't counting but I know I was doing more than 3 skillchains per add. I know it's not dmg based because if that was the case, the auras would be removed immediately. HELP SAEVEL!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-12 12:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Boogerballs said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

Damage on SC's doesn't matter, I break gravitation easily with Shellcrusher to Sunburst. For D it's two SC's for VD it's three and the NM can't be in an animation when it happens. This is a system that's been in place ever since we were breaking imp's horns in ToAU to learn Frentic Rip or the mummy sword for Spinal Cleave.

Are u sure it's 3 skillchains for VD? I was doing VD last night and it seemed random. I wasn't counting but I know I was doing more than 3 skillchains per add. I know it's not dmg based because if that was the case, the auras would be removed immediately. HELP SAEVEL!

Should be four not three. If the SC happens when the NM is in a TP / casting animation then it doesn't count, which can be a royal PITA. Because of that you can add one or two to the number of attempts.
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2018-01-12 12:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes sense. Tbh I was just spamming t2 skillchains on each mob and didn't care about if it was casting or using a tp move. We still won but not knowing if the skillchains were taking effect is kind of annoying
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-12 12:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Boogerballs said: »
That makes sense. Tbh I was just spamming t2 skillchains on each mob and didn't care about if it was casting or using a tp move. We still won but not knowing if the skillchains were taking effect is kind of annoying

Strict TP control helps a lot in removing the aura.
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2018-01-12 13:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

No worries, I'll slow down a little. We also killed 1 VD last night w ith the aura still up so idk what's up this month lol
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-12 17:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's already been said, but ninjas breaking auras is fantastic for this.

And since shadows help you not get destroyed by the aoe from the boss, its pretty decent.

Just hold tp and go full crit mode till aura breaks

(you could use mnk too, but you'd probably have to barehand it till broken or something like destroyers)