Diffusion?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Diffusion?
Diffusion?
By Felgarr 2017-12-15 08:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi folks,
Aside from Mighty Guard, Magic Barrier and Carachian Verve ....are there any other BLU spells that are worth using Diffusion in a group setting? Thanks.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-15 08:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on your set up.

If you have 2 blus and no rdm/brd Diffused flutter has value.

Harden shell.

Occultation (not really, but maybe)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-15 09:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

A diffusion + MG with feet will last 5 minutes, long enough for you to get UL back and recast it on yourself. 5min is long enough for most short fights. Magic Barrier seems like a waste of this spell, since you're only going to get a very limited damage reduction of around 500~600. It's basically a one-hit-waste. Verve is interesting, and Harden shell wears off far too fast to waste on a 10min JA. I guess for whatever reason if your group needed a refresh and didn't have one, battery charge *might* be situational.

Still wouldn't waste Diffusion on anything but MG at this point, unless there were 2 BLUs.
By geigei 2017-12-15 10:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Only used mg and verve.
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2017-12-15 10:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Only used mg and verve.

This about sums it up. Verve is extremely useful.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-15 14:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Verve gives less attack than Natures Med....
 Asura.Oronyx
user: Oronyx
By Asura.Oronyx 2017-12-15 14:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

aquaveil
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-15 14:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Oronyx said: »

aquaveil

Aquaveil at this point has very limited use, it's more of a band-aid for shitty players than a useful tool.

(when being used to diffuse. not when soloing/aoeing)
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2017-12-15 14:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Harden shell

The def stacks with MG and inside escha you can pop a revit so the JA cd is no issues. Can open zergs well with a nice chunk of def /
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-15 16:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
A diffusion + MG with feet will last 5 minutes, long enough for you to get UL back and recast it on yourself. 5min is long enough for most short fights. Magic Barrier seems like a waste of this spell, since you're only going to get a very limited damage reduction of around 500~600. It's basically a one-hit-waste. Verve is interesting, and Harden shell wears off far too fast to waste on a 10min JA. I guess for whatever reason if your group needed a refresh and didn't have one, battery charge *might* be situational.

Still wouldn't waste Diffusion on anything but MG at this point, unless there were 2 BLUs.

Full merited diffusion on a master BLU can get a little north of two and a half minutes on Harden Shell which can be very powerful in a quick fight. HS basically doubles everyone's defense and can't be overwritten by defense down. Still a super niche ability. Orcish Counterstance (if MNK is around) and BT also come to mind, but those are like HS and super niche.
By Felgarr 2017-12-16 10:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the insight, the only spell I don't have mentioned here is Hardened Shell.

Change of topic: I historically played BST when I want to zerg-XP a bunch of friends from level 1 to 99. What BLU spells might help farm tons of trash mobs for XP? I've got all the DD spells mentioned in the guide here but many are single target. I did farm Anvil Lightning and Searing Tempest....but I need more than 2 spells. I'm trying to farm Spectral Floe right now.

What BLU spells should I set when I want to AOE-farm XP/trash mobs for my friends?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-16 10:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Trash mobs should die from 1-2 spells. All the T4 spells from elementals are useful. Floe/Entomb/Crush/Lightening/Storm and the light one. Can also use whirl of rage since its quick and stacks with caef.

I'm a huge fan of Subduction, though, since its very fast, 18MP, and adds gravity. Its probably the best to spam for trash mobs IMO
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2017-12-16 10:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Thanks for the insight, the only spell I don't have mentioned here is Hardened Shell.

Change of topic: I historically played BST when I want to zerg-XP a bunch of friends from level 1 to 99. What BLU spells might help farm tons of trash mobs for XP? I've got all the DD spells mentioned in the guide here but many are single target. I did farm Anvil Lightning and Searing Tempest....but I need more than 2 spells. I'm trying to farm Spectral Floe right now.

What BLU spells should I set when I want to AOE-farm XP/trash mobs for my friends?

Subduction is a mainstay (super fast, deals 6-7000 damage, super low recast, applies a potent Gravity II, free MAB trait and only 25 MP per-Cast)

Tenebral Crush (if geared for Darkness Damage will be a very heavy hitter, free Magic Accuracy trait)

Magic Hammer (if it hits a target that’s aspirable, it will convert 100% of the damage done to MP making it super useful for instantly refilling your MP)
[+]