Random Politics & Religion #30

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #30
Random Politics & Religion #30
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 65 66 67
By fonewear 2017-12-15 06:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We're coming to get you Keith you slimy *** !
YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2017-12-15 06:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I want Alex Jones to come visit my Starbucks:

By fonewear 2017-12-15 06:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
fonewear said: »
Viciouss said: »
I hope Disney doesn't ruin the FX channel...

Disney ruins everything example Star Wars.

*** you. I've liked their work so far!

Wait till you watch Last Jedi I'm reading all the spoilers it sounds terrible.
By Ramyrez 2017-12-15 07:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean...I'm not reading spoilers but "best Star Wars film since Empire" is what I've seen repeated frequently and often.
By fonewear 2017-12-15 07:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean...I'm not reading spoilers but "best Star Wars film since Empire" is what I've seen repeated frequently and often.

All I need to know to stay away from it is that it is 152 min run time...and I've already seen Empire Strikes Back.
By fonewear 2017-12-15 07:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

But it will be a box office hit critics will love it and it will divide fans.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-15 07:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

and it will divide fans.

It's Star Wars.

The inaccuracies of reproduction of a $5 toy lightsaber will divide fans.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-15 07:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fan 1: Not bad for $5. Good for my 6-year-old niece.

Fan 2: IT IS LITERALLY THE WORST THING EVER AND IT IS DESTROYING MY CHILDHOOD.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-15 07:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

For me as a casual fan I would probably like it cause to be honest I don't give a damn about back stories and mythology and all that nonsense. I just want to see some cool stuff. It's sorta like a James Bond movie. It's the same story over and over. But people go to see it cause Bond girls guns and cars.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-15 07:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

For me as a casual fan I would probably like it cause to be honest I don't give a damn about back stories and mythology and all that nonsense. I just want to see some cool stuff. It's sorta like a James Bond movie. It's the same story over and over. But people go to see it cause Bond girls guns and cars.

I like the SW universe though I admittedly can't keep up with the 10,000 things they generate outside of the movies.

But I agree about Bond films and pretty much anything else.

"That lacked nuance and the plot was hard to follow."

Look you son of a ***, the main character was a badass, the bad guy was evil, some ***got blown up and main character shot a bunch of mother *** and eventually the bad guy. I don't care if it wasn't how you envisioned the book being interpreted as a movie.

For the record, I enjoyed the Dark Tower quite a bit.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-15 07:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well Disney isn't dumb I'll give them that. They had to make Star Wars appeal to the average fan. They know that these hardcore Star Wars nerds will never be happy. So *** them they appeal to the soccer mom and the guy that just heard about Star Wars last week.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-15 07:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched a long interview with Lucas and he was basically tired of his entire career being tied to Star Wars...that is why he sold it. I could see how you want to kinda separate yourself from your work.
By fonewear 2017-12-15 07:27:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Here it is kinda long but worth watching:

By Ramyrez 2017-12-15 07:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched a long interview with Lucas and he was basically tired of his entire career being tied to Star Wars...that is why he sold it. I could see how you want to kinda separate yourself from your work.

Yeah, I don't know though. You make absolute bank on something you don't get to whine about it. It's like when Radiohead cries about "Creep" or when Robert Plants *** about people wanting to hear "Stairway to Heaven."
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-15 07:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The real danger with removing Net Neutrality is the ISP's who are merging with media providers into conglomerates that control too much of the product to have a free market work. It's bad enough that some area's only have one ISP due to mergers and capital costs, but without someone ensuring their being fair and transparent they are going to play with traffic shaping to drive users to their own products.

ISP offers a plan at $70 USD a month for high speed internet.

ISP also owns a media company and charges $20 USD a month for access to that media. Now consumers can choose to go with a different media provider like Netflicks, Amazon Prime, Hulu and so forth. ISP then puts in QoS and traffic shaping that severely degrades data to those competitors while leaving their own service running fine. If a consumer wants open access to those services they need to pay the ISP company $10 USD a month.

That is the nightmare scenario.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-15 08:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

My nightmare is discussing Net neutrality with people that don't know how the internet works.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-15 08:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmy call Comcast that blinking light isn't blinking !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-15 08:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I've lived before the internet so I'm prepared to go back to a time without social media...blogs youtube comments and all that other nonsense. I'd just read more books.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-12-15 08:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I've lived before the internet so I'm prepared to go back to a time without social media...blogs youtube comments and all that other nonsense. I'd just read more books.
No you wouldn't, you'd drink more.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-15 08:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
No you wouldn't, you'd drink more.

I know it may be shocking but I read more than I drink. And you act like drinking is a bad thing also...I find that highly offensive.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-12-15 08:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
The real danger with removing Net Neutrality is the ISP's who are merging with media providers into conglomerates that control too much of the product to have a free market work. It's bad enough that some area's only have one ISP due to mergers and capital costs, but without someone ensuring their being fair and transparent they are going to play with traffic shaping to drive users to their own products.

ISP offers a plan at $70 USD a month for high speed internet.

ISP also owns a media company and charges $20 USD a month for access to that media. Now consumers can choose to go with a different media provider like Netflicks, Amazon Prime, Hulu and so forth. ISP then puts in QoS and traffic shaping that severely degrades data to those competitors while leaving their own service running fine. If a consumer wants open access to those services they need to pay the ISP company $10 USD a month.

That is the nightmare scenario.
It's also not only possible, but likely.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-15 08:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything could happen I don't know why people jump to conclusions about something...they vaguely understand. Net neutrality could be put back in place in two years also. So all this time worrying about something that "may" happen. Seems like a waste of time.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-12-15 08:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm like 90% sure Comcast started rolling out throttles like three weeks ago. My YouTube streaming quality has dropped to ***on my home network and my downloads have been slow on Steam and GoG.
By fonewear 2017-12-15 08:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm like 90% sure Comcast started rolling out throttles like three weeks ago. My YouTube streaming quality has dropped to ***on my home network and my downloads have been slow on Steam and GoG.

Probably Russian hacking...I have no evidence to prove it but I have a feeling.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-15 08:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

In Comcast's defense they probably can't stand that people are constantly streaming Netflix Hulu etc and maybe they are just like *** this guy. He has been watching Stranger Things for like 8 hours now !
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2017-12-15 08:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

but I have a feeling.

You just drink that little *** away right now.

He has been watching Stranger Things for like 8 hours now !

It's Good Eats and I will stream it for as long as I want all day every day.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-12-15 08:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You can stream all you want but you *** ruin it for the rest of us. They should make a Netflix tier subscription for you guys.
By fonewear 2017-12-15 08:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually Netflix should create an ISP just for their users...they we don't have to share our bandwidth...but that would make too much sense.
By fonewear 2017-12-15 08:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm firmly in the past I still use DVD/Blu ray cause I can find a movie besides Hangover 3 tier quality.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 65 66 67