Get's Disconnected After About An Hour Of Playing.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Get's disconnected after about an hour of playing.
Get's disconnected after about an hour of playing.
By NajaWinter 2017-11-29 23:42:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi there everyone! I have a very strange problem in that my game crashes after about an hour. That or next time I change zones I'll load into a black void.
It doesn't matter if I'm playing the game normally or through windowrer, it still happens. I've tried reinstalling through steam 3 times and from the Pol website once.
I've made Crash dumps of 3 times It's happened that I have here for anyone who understands to look at if they feel so inclined. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x5xm57fgi0tb1qd/AACaQ6K1TdKdwftJGw_X_yNJa?dl=0
I got back into the game a back when the game turned 15 for ps2 and have been having a good time up until a few months ago this started. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas I'm open to anything as this kills any chance to play with people as mob chains will be broken and I'll drop out of the game while trying to do content.

Thank you all, Najawinter.
 Asura.Arnan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2017-11-30 00:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you change internet provider? I've had a similar problem twice when changing provider. The problem was port forwarding and I've seen a lot of people experience it since too
By NajaWinter 2017-11-30 10:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven’t changed providers but I’ll check the ports.

When I ran a quick Salvage 2 last night the sound dropped out on the 4th floor and after I beat the 5th floor boss and left the zone I crashed.
Maybe that helps narrow down what’s happening.
By NajaWinter 2017-12-04 13:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to bump an old thread but wanted to say the problem has been found.

For anyone with something similar, check your firewall. Mine seems to block something that Ffxi brings up after a bit. Now to find what program needs to be allowed.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-12-04 16:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

NajaWinter said: »
Sorry to bump an old thread but wanted to say the problem has been found.

For anyone with something similar, check your firewall. Mine seems to block something that Ffxi brings up after a bit. Now to find what program needs to be allowed.
Which firewall
By blixa 2017-12-08 13:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,
This is happening to me too with Bitdefender, did you sort yours? Any advice? I’ve no idea how to fix it.