Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis-Divergence Findings
Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 28 29 30
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kiyara
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-19 09:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I never see rngs anywhere sadly in anything I do so couldn't comment :/.
 Asura.Ryujinjakka
user: Antonaki
By Asura.Ryujinjakka 2017-11-19 09:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammeh said: »
How is RNG damage in general here? Anything particularly strong against it?

My first run was on RNG, for stats, Trueflight is great, for general mobs dmg seemed "normal" with TF or LS. Haven't actually joined a run that made it to Halphas yet so can't comment how good/bad it is with him. Chances are, that won't happen anytime soon, but if it does, i will update.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-19 11:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting to speculate that maybe there isn't even a 2nd time extension. Maybe the mini-boss 30 min time extension is the only one making the event a maximum of 90 minutes. I don't think Square Enix ever specifically stated that the new Dynamis was 120 minutes max time limit so maybe we should take this into consideration as we are just possibly assuming it's 120 min due to the structure of the previous revamped Dynamis 2.0.

At this point, the only thing it could possibly be if it does exist is

1) Some new weird mechanic that is exclusive to this event that we have yet to figure out.

2) A specific statue or mob or set of statues or mobs need to be killed in order for the TE to be obtained or for TE mob to appear.

3)A specific spot in the zone maybe needs to be examined (???) for the TE to be activated if it exists. Thinking along the lines of CoP Dynamis.

4) Has anyone actually cleared by the zone via the Manor (upper left side of the map) along with the surrounding areas? There's also statues that appear on the top of the stairs of the buildings as well.

Any further information is appreciated.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-19 12:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SE said that maximum time was 120 minutes back when they were talking about it before release.
[+]
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-11-19 15:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't it say when you enter that the maximum allotted time you can obtain is 2 hours?

Edit: Nope, checked my logs and must've dreamed it up.
By waffle 2017-11-19 18:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc, SE said that it could be extended to 120 minutes in the freshly picked video. Having said that, it's SE, so that doesn't mean second time extension is implemented already. In the Japanese version of the upcoming November update announcement, besides mentioning the plans to add additional dynamis D zones, they also mentioned that they planned to expand dyna Sandy D after implementing it. And in the weekly summary post from last week, Matsui says that they plan to add the other areas and "WAVE" (yes in English just like that) in future updates.

They've previously referred to the orcs you fight before the mid boss as the first wave, and the orcs after it as the second wave. So perhaps they plan to add a third wave you can fight after Halphas. I don't know what they'd drop, but assuming that's the plan, they would probably then add the 2nd time extension to Halphas at that point assuming it's not actually hidden in there somewhere at the moment.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-19 18:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't know about this. It's possible the 2nd 30 minute time extension isn't implemented yet. We'll see in the coming weeks I guess. Maybe someone will find something.
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-11-20 09:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone tell me the approximate hp for halphas? Also has any SCH managed to land a 10k hydrohelix II yet?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2017-11-20 13:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Testing in low level dynamis shows you can target below from the wall above gate toward west ronfaure.
Positioning is tricky though, need to move nm's to fruit stands. about 16' away from player. rng/cor/nukers/pets can all be sent to attack from here. pups and smn can issue commands, bst nerf means they cannot.
[+]
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-20 15:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, found out that mobs can deaggro if pull is very far. Had 3 statues lose hate because of long pulls.
user: swordwiz
By Asura.Lordoftheseven 2017-11-20 15:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Warusha said: »
Can anyone tell me the approximate hp for halphas? Also has any SCH managed to land a 10k hydrohelix II yet?

4-7k seems to be avg
 Asura.Seriweri
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2017-11-20 15:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Testing in low level dynamis shows you can target below from the wall above gate toward west ronfaure.
Positioning is tricky though, need to move nm's to fruit stands. about 16' away from player. rng/cor/nukers/pets can all be sent to attack from here. pups and smn can issue commands, bst nerf means they cannot.

yarkhushta still hit us with tanks and halphas upstairs and casters down.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-11-20 15:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Halphas has roughly 1.6M HP.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-11-20 16:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone killed every Commander NM in a single run? Some are hidden in some sneaky places and there seems to be 1 NM for every job. If I had to guess, killing them all would give either a 15 or 30 minute TE.

Not realistic to get in a low-man group, but should be very easy for a 18-man group that can split to cover both sides.
By zaxtiss 2017-11-20 16:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i havent seen it in the past pages so sorry if this has been covered but does the HP scale with more people?
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-11-20 17:08:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

Yeah this is the spot we used 10 days ago to kill Halphas with a nuke setup. Need 2 tanks though or he runs off after the shoulder tackle variant move. Gets Annoying. Position 1 tank at each stall, the move is conal, so it does not hit both tanks. We had a GEO stand with the tanks and do Wilt/Barrier. No danger whatsoever. Nothing will hit the mages upstairs, nothing will endanger the tanks.

A few times our positioning was icky, and we both got hit (the tanks) with the Shoulder Tackle move. It started running up to the tower after our CORs. About the only issue with this location.

SCH BLM BLM GEO GEO COR x2, and PLD RUN WHM RDM SMN GEO is what we used. Everything was upstairs except the 2 tanks and 1 GEO.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-11-20 17:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Has anyone killed every Commander NM in a single run? Some are hidden in some sneaky places and there seems to be 1 NM for every job. If I had to guess, killing them all would give either a 15 or 30 minute TE.

Not realistic to get in a low-man group, but should be very easy for a 18-man group that can split to cover both sides.

We've killed all of them but the one located at the Manor thus far, in the same run. I think another group has managed to kill this one though. (not sure if ALL of them were killed in the same run)

I suspect the 2nd TE is something other than clearing all the Red Eye statues though -_-
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-20 23:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

10/20/2017: Updated Dynamis-Sandoria [D] map. Fixed some wording on text and changed some mob pop and roam pathing as well. Around 75% complete for the first map then I will begin doing the 2nd map for post mini-boss pops.

Does anyone happen to have the map for the actual normal Dynamis-Sandoria without all the text labeling of the town? Would really appreciate it so it would less clustered up. Thank you.
[+]
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-21 02:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Update 11/21/2017: 2nd map of Dynamis-San d'Oria [D] for post mini-boss pops. Far from complete as I haven't ventured too far in this pop set so there will be a lot of inaccurate information. Still WIP.

Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-11-21 03:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kiyarasubrosa said: »
Update 11/21/2017: 2nd map of Dynamis-San d'Oria [D] for post mini-boss pops. Far from complete as I haven't ventured too far in this pop set so there will be a lot of inaccurate information. Still WIP.

The info on the statues around the fountain near Halphas is incorrect.

You do have the Blue dots correct, but between each of them are Red Eyed Statues, 4 total, all around the fountain. The red dot you have at Lion Springs Tavern isn't there. Also there aren't anymore statues past the fountain. Just Halphas. He stands right in between the point where you have two blue dots with 4 associated with them.

Also, one of the statues in Victory Square is a statue with 100% no eye color, which means mobs + Aurix. I don't recall which one it is, though but it's definitely one of the ones on the east side of Victory Square.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-21 03:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can mark the map with updated info I can transfer it to the updated map. I know this map isn't done yet.
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-11-21 05:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Unmarked map if you still need it :

[+]
 Odin.Zackily
Server: Odin
user: Zack
By Odin.Zackily 2017-11-21 05:41:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning, we did yesterday again a run and we were able to look a bit more to the west [second phase].

And maybe it's pure coincidence, but so far 3 Foothshards dropped and everytime from the Monster with the same Job. Can someone verficate the same? For example: Squadron Pugilist dropped MNK and PUP.

Cutpurse Leader is Thief *need to add it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-21 07:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the leader mobs have a better drop pool then regular mobs? So far not seeing much of a difference in our efforts to farm the zone for currency.
 Sylph.Wardeniv
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2017-11-21 08:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Do the leader mobs have a better drop pool then regular mobs? So far not seeing much of a difference in our efforts to farm the zone for currency.

Unless you are after Volte gear or a potentially elevated drop rate on the job-specific upgrade materials, the NM's seem like a waste of time at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if the red-eye bosses have a higher chance of dropping their job specific upgrade materials, but if they do, it doesn't seem noticeable enough to warrant farming them for that purpose.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-11-21 08:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think their medals alone make them worth focusing on; I'd say our Kindred medal drop rate is at least 25% so far off Commander NMs with TH from THF main.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-21 08:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wardeniv said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

Unless you are after Volte gear or a potentially elevated drop rate on the job-specific upgrade materials, the NM's seem like a waste of time at the moment.

Our focus so far is the JSE upgrades so coming up with ways to maximize currency and shard / voidfeet drops since those are worth 300 of their respective currency. Really disappointing at the apparently horrible drop rate on shards / feet, I understand them being low on the regular mobs but the leaders should always drop one of their respective jobs.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-21 10:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neufko said: »
Unmarked map if you still need it :

Thanks! I'll modify the existing map to show these changes.
By Asura.Kiyarasubrosa 2017-11-21 10:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Pirate mobs seem to be COR/SCH. Seen them cast Kaustra.

Also, out of all the "Leader" mobs I've killed, have yet to see a Beastmen's Medal, footshard or piece of Volte gear. The drop rate seems pretty bad.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 28 29 30