Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 28 29 30
 Asura.Warusha
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-11-11 15:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I had 50 pdt, probably 50 mdt, insignificant mdb, and damage was never an issue on BLM. My average MB spell was doing 20k with tier 2 storms, klimaform, languor, malaise, Am2 Mythic, Hq gear. I didn't use af+3 hands or feet, instead opting for Amalric +1. I believe I had a few 40k spells with rayke or Gambit on.

Edit: On Halphas
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-11-11 16:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darian said: »
Couple of things we found in our run:

-For those that saw Aurix, did you beat Halphas?

We saw him after we cleared the mini boss by North Sandy entrance. We got down to like 70% and he ported away. We never popped or saw Halphas.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-11-11 20:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Quote:
Mini-boss went down very quickly with SCH -> RNG SC and x2 BLM MBs.

Which element did you use? Fire? How much did they do? Leaden doesnt work too well so just wondering if WF works better.

i did 67k salute with 3ktp with just my own MAB roll(i think geos still had phys bubbles up) and then went on spamming 30-50k with random TP after. blus switched to sanguine blade for about 10k each as opposed to the 3k CDCs they were doing.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-11-11 20:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

also will note my group did focus on blue eye pops and with Salute + SC they went from 95%ish to 0 and most never had a chance to use SP ability to cause problems, i highly recommend this method of killing.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-11-11 22:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

killed aurix. Got a kindred medal.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-11-11 22:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Poor Fickblix.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-11-11 23:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

note: Aurix spawned from a statue that did not have glowing eyes.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-11-12 00:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
note: Aurix spawned from a statue that did not have glowing eyes.
Same for us
By Smokenttp 2017-11-12 00:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

my experience with a low man group 5 person + trust. managed to kill mini boss(setup was run , cor ,rdm , geo , whm,tried shanttoto to help on statues but was useless/died too fast to help on anything.mini boss took around 30 mins to kill i was just opening chains for geo and rdm to mb cor was closing then in leaden salute , mages where doing blizzard and our geo had idris so keep that in mind) but no adds spawned (wich i found strange because alot of people reported then to spawn so i was kinda expected it to happen), however a couple of extra statues did apear after the mini boss died.The first statue i pulled had no glow in the eyes and aurix spawned in it with a couple of orcs, we killed the statue then proceded to aurix but he quickly fleed away and we never found him again for the rest of the run (so maybe the no glow statues does have something to do with him as well)
By cuddlyhamster 2017-11-12 20:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know if +3 upgrade is locked behind mog house boss?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2017-11-12 20:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

cuddlyhamster said: »
anyone know if +3 upgrade is locked behind mog house boss?

Square Enix said:
Conditions for Reforging Relic Equipment

-Reforging equipment to +2:
--Enter Dynamis-Divergence as a job that can equip the relic equipment you would like to reforge.

-Reforging to +3:
--Defeat the first boss in Dynamis-Divergence as a job that can equip the relic equipment you would like to reforge.

Just need to kill the Statue by N.San d'Oria.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-11-13 02:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Halphas is a standard Orcish Overlord type mob until 50% then he gets Avoidance Down aura and enhanced versions of his regular TP moves.
- Shriek (Howl): Warcry
- Bilateral Shield (Arm Block): Defense Boost
- Cyclone Slice (Tornado Edge)
- Full-On Tackle (Shoulder Attack ): Defense Down (not sure) and possible hate reset.
- Yarkhushta (Battle Dance): AoE very high physical damage (2400~) + Stun + Knockback with 25~30' range. EA/Scherzo works but having too much PDT- / max HP don't help to trigger EA/Scherzo everytime and the move can hurt without both buffs.
Also gets Veil of Chaos (15~ seconds Amnesia) and Orcish Counterstance.
Shadows can absorb everything except Veil of Chaos.

Uses SPs that have different names.
- Repulsor (Invincible): gains Reprisal effect that trigger from any side.
- Aetherwell (Elemental Sforzo)
- Flailing Blow (Mighty Strikes): makes Yarkhushta even more deadly without shadows or EA/Scherzo.
- Sanguine Blessing (Blood Weapon): drain is based on the damage of the initial hit 20x.
For example:
Halphas hits for 137 damage -> 2740 HP drained.
Halphas hits for 298 damage -> 5960 HP drained.
Endrain doesn't proc if the initial hit deal 0 damage.
SP order is random and the same one can be used more than once.
Larceny doesn't work.

Full Break prevents Defense Boost from Arm Block / Bilateral Shield ("no effect") but not Armor Break even if the Defense Down is stronger. Defense Down lands with SV Wind Threnody II and a macc set.
Halphas has immense defense and/or DT-. Someone should check if Geo debuffs at least works with Geo-Poison.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-11-13 14:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Predator Claws numbers on Halphas (<50% phase) with Astral Flow, 11 Beast Roll, Dia2 Light Shot, Bolster Idris Frailty, Shiromochi food and even Tomahawk, no AM3. Defense Boost wasn't up and Garuda was behind to avoid Counter.
I have the TP return of every Predator Claws, not a single miss. We had only Slashing DDs too. Hmm.....
By clearlyamule 2017-11-13 14:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be like dynamis Qufim guy which soft cap on per hit damage?
 Valefor.Heabea
Server: Valefor
user: Heabea
By Valefor.Heabea 2017-11-13 15:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone gone up by the leather craft guild? We only went to the AH and north sandy pulling random statues, so i have no idea if it ends. there was NMs on the AH
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-11-13 15:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Predator Claws numbers on Halphas (<50% phase) with Astral Flow, 11 Beast Roll, Dia2 Light Shot, Bolster Idris Frailty, Shiromochi food and even Tomahawk, no AM3. Defense Boost wasn't up and Garuda was behind to avoid Counter.
I have the TP return of every Predator Claws, not a single miss. We had only Slashing DDs too. Hmm.....

I'm going to test diablos pacts on tuesday then.
What other nonstandard damage sources are worth trying?
By Taint 2017-11-13 15:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saw a red eye statue at the end that popped a commander. I was using flee so i might have missed something but it just seemed like more nq farming.
 Asura.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2017-11-13 16:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Just saw a red eye statue at the end that popped a commander. I was using flee so i might have missed something but it just seemed like more nq farming.

Was it at the Chateau? I went that way and popped the same thing. Looked like a mini-boss like others that spawn after the mid-boss has been killed.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2017-11-13 16:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »

I'm going to test diablos pacts on tuesday then.
What other nonstandard damage sources are worth trying?
I tried Night Terror on Halphas without Malaise/Pup roll, nothing spectacular : 10459, 8333, 7390, 6659, 7680, 6238, 4884, 7444, 8333, 7444.
Ramuh did 14510 with a non-MB Thunderstorm but most pacts were doing 1000~ (probably full resists because no Languor/Threnody)
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-11-13 16:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone should check if Geo debuffs at least works with Geo-Poison.

Elemental magic damage was very weak until we got languor on him. We ended up using SCH distortion for leviathan and water from mages.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-11-13 18:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha a boss that AC zerg doesn't work on.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-11-13 19:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Regained 690 MP out of 1390 pool, so exactly 50% MP returned from enchantment.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2017-11-13 19:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha. They didn't Nerf SMN .. lol..

Told you they would just release content that makes it irrelevant..

There was no need to keep crying/worrying..

The game still lives on..

Subscriber count is increasing...

Dynamis is awesome. ^_^
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-11-13 19:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cards can be stolen.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-11-13 20:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit on Tanking Halphas as RUN/NIN.

Sanguine Blessing. I was quite worried about this after reading Papesse's post. I was even using Lux Vallation to reduce the amount drained(like it does vs Dread Spikes.)

Turns out it's a non-issue. That should have killed me. 3320 HP drained? Would have one shotted me. But so far as I could tell I only took damage from the initial hit.

So it's not really a drain. More like a converts dmg dealt to HP, with a x20 mod based on the initial hit. The issue there is really just letting the mob heal. Which between Shadows and SS is not too hard to prevent. That was the only HP drain he managed on me.

Does Orcish counterstance give them Haste? Not sure what triggered it, but at one point he just started hitting really fast, and was multihitting a lot. This culminated in me getting flattened by Yarhusta at a bad time.

My cast was interrupted so I should have snapped back into tanking gear and been in 75% PDT for that. And still 2.2k.

For reference Yarhusta takes 3 shadows. Not sure if you get reduced dmg if it takes 1 or 2 and still hits. He only used it twice. 3 shadows ate it the first and I died the second.

Since the drain isn't going to one shot, I have to wonder if I wouldn't have been better off with /BLU, Cocoon, and like BoG Geo wilt. At which point I could probably just spam SS during Sanguine.

The concern there would be one of the moves(Full-on Tackle?) causes Def-, magic def- and I think there was one other erasable. Would need to sacrifice off so Cocoon can be put back up.

Also I saw no signs of hate reset on anything. Mob was glued to me till I died. Even with me spending far more time spamming shadows than any enmity action.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-11-13 20:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were in 75% PDT when you died, how did Arduwyn take so much less? Did they have Scherzo/EA?
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2017-11-13 20:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Haha a boss that AC zerg doesn't work on.
You mean like all the omen bosses? Unconduitable stuff isn't new, i can still spam aeonics like candy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2017-11-13 20:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No screenshot but confirmed drop of Volte Gloves from a Red eyes commander boss. Our Halphas kill dropped only medals and such. Used Nuke strategy. Will post details later, tired now.

Edit: Ballzack said it was the Canoneer Commander (Volte Gloves), again no screenie
By Afania 2017-11-13 20:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

In case if its not being mentioned, beating Halphas grants title: Dynamis-San d'Oria [D] Infiltrator.

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Afania said: »
Quote:
Mini-boss went down very quickly with SCH -> RNG SC and x2 BLM MBs.

Which element did you use? Fire? How much did they do? Leaden doesnt work too well so just wondering if WF works better.

i did 67k salute with 3ktp with just my own MAB roll(i think geos still had phys bubbles up) and then went on spamming 30-50k with random TP after. blus switched to sanguine blade for about 10k each as opposed to the 3k CDCs they were doing.

Super buffed leaden did 99999+99999 darkness. Dont know why it didnt do well before.....
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-11-13 21:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
If you were in 75% PDT when you died, how did Arduwyn take so much less? Did they have Scherzo/EA?
Good point. Ard would have had 36~42% PDT(umbra cape), and SS. No BRD or SMN so neither of those buffs.

I'd had this vague recollection of a nerf to AoE where only the target took full damage. Which is how I was explaining it to myself. But then I looked up the update notes for that nerf, and it was only for specific Voidwatch NMs.

So, looking at the logs so I can see time stamps...
Code
[18:50:20]Martel starts casting Utsusemi: Ni on Martel.
[18:50:21]Martel casts Utsusemi: Ni.Martel gains the effect of Copy Image.
[18:50:21]1 of Martel's shadows absorbs the damage and disappears.
[18:50:23]1 of Martel's shadows absorbs the damage and disappears.
[18:50:23]1 of Martel's shadows absorbs the damage and disappears.
[18:50:25]Martel starts casting Aquaveil on Martel.
[18:50:25]Halphas hits Martel for 519 points of damage.
[18:50:26]Martel's casting is interrupted.
[18:50:26]Halphas readies Yarkhushta.
[18:50:26]Halphas uses Yarkhushta.Martel takes 2243 points of damage.
[18:50:26]Arduwyn takes 1255 points of damage.
[18:50:26]Luopan takes 453 points of damage.
[18:50:26]Martel was defeated by Halphas.

So the interrupt, the readies and Yarkhushta hitting all happened in the same second. That being the case I think it's entirely possible that the swap back to PDT gear didn't have time to reach the server and make the swap.

So I was probably hit in my aquaveil set. Which I think is just full enhancing+? Not something I usually cast much mid fight. So... 35% PDT in that set. Gonna start casting that ***in PDT. I don't think a third spell interrupt form skill was even ever confirmed for Aquaveil.

It definitely explains the damage dif between ard and Martel.

Calculating backwards from that 35% reduction the base damage of this WS should be about 3,450. With 75% PDT that should have hit me 862. Yep. I pretty much just killed myself picking the wrong time to cast that. And not watching the PDT values in my misc casting sets.
I guess it's about time to make a PDT cast variable like my PLD has. Just make sure you never drop below a certain PDT value no mater what you're casting. A bit harder to do on RUN though.

...This actually doesn't explain how ard lived though. If anyhting it should have been hitting him harder due to def/vit differences, and the tiny bit of extra PDT shouldn't have made that survivable. sooo..

Maybe distance affects the dmg? Or it hits harder in front of him? I dunno. wtf ard.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 28 29 30