Returning player needing mythic advice
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2017-11-06 11:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Background (skip to question for TLDR) :
The first mythic i ever made back before the timers nerf was yagrush for my whm mule due to its utility and not damage.
howevere i do not have access to that account anymore

No that im returning its time to build another for my wife. we are working on tizon for her blu.

Question:
Is any of the mythics for my 3 main jobs worth anything compared to get alternative Emp or relic weapons?
Warrior
ninja
thief (this seems like going to be aonic/emp or relic/emp)

or should I make another yag for my new whm mule ?
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-11-06 12:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yagrush will always be one of the best mythics. I'd go for that by a wide margin.

And you can skip the Mandau for THF unless you're a THF completionist or you like holding a pretty dagger. Vajra has a very niche use, so it's not worth going for unless you're incredibly serious about your THF. Even then, it won't see much action outside of a few fights.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-11-06 12:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm no expert on any of those jobs, but I don't think any of those jobs benefit much from their mythic wep, IIRC war relic and Aeonic are the goto depending on situation and same with nin, thf I think it's Aeonic like all the way with offhand empy?

edit: missed the part where you don't have yag anymore, yag would be the very best mythic of the jobs you mentioned.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-06 12:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're dead set on making a Mythic for one of those three jobs, I'd go w/ THF. No matter what people say, Vajra remains one of the best main hands for the job. Once you have more options, you might end up using it less, but it'll always be viable.

If you're open to making a Relic instead, Ragnarok and Kikoku are both really nice. It'll cost you 1/3 of the gil and take much less time than going for a Mythic.
[+]
By Kodaijin 2017-11-06 12:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The other posters pretty much covered it but I'd also like to toss out the question what are you making these for? Do you and your wife duo a bunch and want to continue to do so? Are dead set on a mythic for completion reasons? What are you fighting that you need a whm mule for that a trust cant do? Dont need to answer me, its more rhetorical.

War mythic has a very slim usefulness. Better to have relic or aeonic. I have all 3 and use Aeonic most of the time. Mythic full lockstyle tho :)

Ninjas mythic has been laughable for years with only some people who love the job getting one.

Thfs isnt terrible but like it was mentioned Aeonic and emp are the more preferred paths.

The whm mythic is by far the most useful of the weapons listed but thats only assuming you want to bring that mule everywhere you go and need to use the weapon for the things your fighting.

Yagrush for pure utility
if not utility, Pick the weapon for your fav job.
Or spend the gil on 2-3 relics. (prices vary by server)
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2017-11-06 16:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for all the answers it seems like iwill getyag first for whm mule.
and focus on emp/relic or aenig on my dd jobs
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-11-06 17:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems your questions were already answered pretty well, but adding my agreement to the NIN discussion - Mythic is far and away the worst of the 4 RMEA katanas to start with.

Heishi is a great DD choice, generally BiS. Along with Blade: Shun, the TP Bonus really helps Blade: Ten shine. Less frequent, but either of Kikoku or Kannagi can also sometimes be top DPS depending on situation, and both are still very solid weapons in any case.

Kikoku provides a lot of bang for your buck (as Arisan mentioned) if you're looking at a NIN RMEA and Aeonic isn't in your near future. It holds up quite well for DPS purposes, often beating Kannagi and occasionally beating Aeonic, for a considerably lower price than an Empy/Mythic (i.e., less than half of the materials cost, and without the tedious Empy NMs or Mythic tasks). Especially shines in any non Attack capped situations with the Atk+60 and very easily maintained Atk+10% Relic aftermath. Good associated WS in Metsu, which is also really flexible for SC purposes.

Kannagi can perform well when you can take advantage of Empy AM3 (more finicky to maintain than Relic though) and a good crit TP set for white damage. Reliance on Hi makes it a bit more of a one-trick pony for SCs (Heishi/Kikoku both have better utility for light SCs), and the AGI+50 is still annoying (even though it has some niche utility like Racc for more Daken TP or higher Evasion/crit reduction through AGI). Sigh... if only Hi/Kannagi were DEX based, we'd be in business, and maybe ideal offhand like Almace/Twashtar for their jobs.

Nagi lags way behind the other three for DPS (and often even to a well augmented mainhand Kanaria or Ochu), and costs the most of any RMEA to make. It does have a couple niche BiS uses, both for roles that aren't really the job's bread and butter:

(1) Arguably best tanking weapon thanks to Enmity+40 (though lower enmity through damage will partially offset that), but in a game where straight NIN solo tanking is fairly rare these days, and

(2) Macc+40 (and the same macc skill/magic dmg as the other RMEA) makes it the best katana for enfeebling Ninjutsu, and potentially elemental (though if you really wanted to go all out on NIN elemental damage, a mainhand Ochu or Kanaria might still win depending on situation and would still give respectable melee numbers).