Hacks
First Page 2
 Asura.Lothire
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lothire
By Asura.Lothire 2017-10-14 21:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So, out of curiosity - I was hearing rumors of people hacking crafting equipment slots to output higher than normal HQ synths. Is this still the case? I'm wondering because it essentially determines whether or not it's worth someone who isn't hacking getting involved with crafting to begin with.

It was a rumor I heard on reddit, so I can't verify its validity, so hopefully someone here can.

Thanks!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-14 22:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Twasn't a rumor, it actually happened. Why else do we ask certain crafters if they are wearing their torques on their feet still?

SE patched that a long time ago though.

Asura.Lothire said: »
I heard on reddit
Well, there you go. Reddit is behind the times. Everyone on this website knew about it months ago.
 Asura.Lothire
user: Lothire
By Asura.Lothire 2017-10-14 22:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Twasn't a rumor, it actually happened. Why else do we ask certain crafters if they are wearing their torques on their feet still?

I heard on reddit
Well, there you go. Reddit is behind the times. Everyone on this website knew about it months ago.

Good to know that it's been fixed. Did anything happen? Was it like Nyzul? Or was it swept under the rug?
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-10-14 22:07:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard on reddit

Good to know that it's been fixed. Did anything happen? Was it like Nyzul? Or was it swept under the rug?
Wasn't as big as that much smaller. Either way stop trusting Reddit that's like listening to Alex Jones.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-10-14 22:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Gay poroggos, man.

[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-10-14 22:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Foxmulder said: »
Gay poroggos, man.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Crazy *** he is
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-14 22:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard on reddit

Most of the hacking was done on Asura. A lot of taru mules got slapped with a tuna, but other than that, nothing major happened except a crashed market of HQs.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-10-15 02:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I am sure its happening again somehow. The unreal # of HQ's this last 2 weeks is no coincidence unless a shield was really made and it actually makes a big difference.

Most goldsmithing HQ's have dropped 50%+, cloth a few select high tier also, adhemar markets down 33%+, etc. All of these crafts are double the loss now for its HQ tier. Aka 0 profit to be made, even if the shield does double HQ rates that means break even at best which no crafter would do in this market. Heck I had some stuff I made the week before update which if I sold now would be a loss for me and i was lucky on the HQ rate when I made them.
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-10-15 04:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
I am sure its happening again somehow. The unreal # of HQ's this last 2 weeks is no coincidence unless a shield was really made and it actually makes a big difference.

Most goldsmithing HQ's have dropped 50%+, cloth a few select high tier also, adhemar markets down 33%+, etc. All of these crafts are double the loss now for its HQ tier. Aka 0 profit to be made, even if the shield does double HQ rates that means break even at best which no crafter would do in this market. Heck I had some stuff I made the week before update which if I sold now would be a loss for me and i was lucky on the HQ rate when I made them.

It's still around... There is no way some people are still able to HQ some of the stuff they've been HQing at the rate in which they are. Just google the people and various names selling, "Mache Earring/+1, Varar Ring/+1, Stikini Ring/+1, and follow their names around on FFXIAH.com and you'll see who they are. I'd start posting names but they aren't allowed on FFXIAH so I can only give that much. It's stupid easy to notice who they are which is why it's obvious SE knows about this and either can't fix, or won't fix for some unknown reason, and now they are about to introduce a shield which will only enable more HQ's to be pumped out. Some of these same people are spam purchasing the new spheres as well for the new shield. So be ready for it to only get worse! Sad day.
By geigei 2017-10-15 04:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hax still working.
 Fenrir.Caiir
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Caiir 2017-10-15 05:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Do people just walk around with their equipment in the wrong slots or something? It's not like you could really grind out a shield without being examined ever.. I mean you could, just seems unlikely.

The maths aren't adding up properly. Someone learn me the missing link.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-15 05:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slyshenx said: »
I'd start posting names but they aren't allowed on FFXIAH
Never heard of this.
Who told you it's not allowed?
I think you can totally call any name you want on FFXIAH
By geigei 2017-10-15 05:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You cannot call names shouting in game.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-15 07:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is this rule?
I've been calling out names plenty of times and nobody told me anything.

I don't even understand why that would be a rule honestly.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-10-15 07:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

2ch has reported at least 2 shields being finished last I checked.
 Asura.Slyshenx
user: Slyshen1
By Asura.Slyshenx 2017-10-15 07:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Where is this rule?

Sharing names on FFXIAH is considered a 'player-warning' and is not allowed, sadly. I've tried to do it before and got in trouble. In-game, I believe it's considered harassment.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-15 08:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Guy on Odin completed the goldsmithing shield, he is pounding out synths, the RMT are transferring them to all servers. Supposedly he blew about 4 billion buying spheres from all servers to complete it
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-10-15 09:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

Guy on Odin completed the goldsmithing shield, he is pounding out synths, the RMT are transferring them to all servers. Supposedly he blew about 4 billion buying spheres from all servers to complete it

I could see the 4 billion mark (or even more) if he bought everything and light/dark around the 1-1.2m/sphere, this grind is real lol.

That being said, idk if the shield with the added effect raises the hq a ton (or its just a straight +5 for +5%) but to blow 4bill on that idk, seems stupid to me when you can just farm them easy, it just takes an ungodly amount of time.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-15 09:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

he told a friend of mine he was buying and based on the fact he has been done a week, I believe it because like you said if he was farming even with a couple chars I feel like its not possible based on the amount of time it takes. Ill pull up to the auto focuser after a couple days of farming with 100 light and 100 dark, and watch the f***** thing move like 2 slivers or like 3% and just be like DAMN
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-10-15 09:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering how easy it is to max gil on multiple toons quickly if one is willing to bot via sparks and things, investing said gil into a shield seems perfectly reasonable to me. Gil has no value unless there are things to buy with it, so investing X to get ahead for the forseeable future and make tons of HQs... As far as RMT is concerned, the spice must flow!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-15 09:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I can assure you it's not possible to do the equipment hackexploit any more. That doesn't mean it no longer has any impact. We don't know if SE properly purged the databases, someone could have had the gear equipped and just sit in their mog house synthing without ever being noticed. We don't know if someone stocked up a large amount of HQs and they avoided being banned. SE has never been good about cleaning up after something like that.

That said, some of the prices are not as ridiculous as you might think either. My belief is that each HQ+1 is a 1/1024 modification, though some have suggested as high as 1/256. Given we had accepted T0 to be 1/64, let's look at what we have available:
Orvail Ring +1
Craftmaster's Ring +1
Coconut Rusk +3
Signing Crystal +1(?)

6/1024 + 1/64 = 22/1024 = 2.15% or 1/46.5

Take stikini ring+1, if you buy mats on any server except asura it's about 4.5m a synth and 3.5m a NQ. That makes a batch of 47 synths cost 212M and return ~157.5M in NQs and a 100M HQ.

If someone had the new shield, and the enchantment stacks with the base stat, that would increase it to 27/1024 or 2.64%. In this case, their batch of 38 synths costs 171M and returns 126M in NQs and a HQ.

And let's not forget, these are conservative numbers. This is assuming HQ crystals are only +1, and +1 is only 1/1024. The market will take time to adjust, and we are not thoroughly confident on what the actual benefits of this gear are. Maybe there's still exploit activity going on, but maybe you are just used to seeing the old price tags and reacting without examining the current market.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-15 10:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Slyshenx said: »

It's still around... There is no way some people are still able to HQ some of the stuff they've been HQing at the rate in which they are. Just google the people and various names selling, "Mache Earring/+1, Varar Ring/+1, Stikini Ring/+1, and follow their names around on FFXIAH.com and you'll see who they are. I'd start posting names but they aren't allowed on FFXIAH so I can only give that much. It's stupid easy to notice who they are which is why it's obvious SE knows about this and either can't fix, or won't fix for some unknown reason, and now they are about to introduce a shield which will only enable more HQ's to be pumped out. Some of these same people are spam purchasing the new spheres as well for the new shield. So be ready for it to only get worse! Sad day.
....did you just out yourself? Practically confirm that you are hacking?

You are exactly the person you are saying is hacking the game. How many threads, how many shouts have you made in the recent months?
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-10-15 10:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I can assure you it's not possible to do the equipment hackexploit any more. That doesn't mean it no longer has any impact. We don't know if SE properly purged the databases, someone could have had the gear equipped and just sit in their mog house synthing without ever being noticed. We don't know if someone stocked up a large amount of HQs and they avoided being banned. SE has never been good about cleaning up after something like that.

That said, some of the prices are not as ridiculous as you might think either. My belief is that each HQ+1 is a 1/1024 modification, though some have suggested as high as 1/256. Given we had accepted T0 to be 1/64, let's look at what we have available:
Orvail Ring +1
Craftmaster's Ring +1
Coconut Rusk +3
Signing Crystal +1(?)

6/1024 + 1/64 = 22/1024 = 2.15% or 1/46.5

Take stikini ring+1, if you buy mats on any server except asura it's about 4.5m a synth and 3.5m a NQ. That makes a batch of 47 synths cost 212M and return ~157.5M in NQs and a 100M HQ.

If someone had the new shield, and the enchantment stacks with the base stat, that would increase it to 27/1024 or 2.64%. In this case, their batch of 38 synths costs 171M and returns 126M in NQs and a HQ.

And let's not forget, these are conservative numbers. This is assuming HQ crystals are only +1, and +1 is only 1/1024. The market will take time to adjust, and we are not thoroughly confident on what the actual benefits of this gear are. Maybe there's still exploit activity going on, but maybe you are just used to seeing the old price tags and reacting without examining the current market.

I thought the new shield doesnt output NQ? so they wouldnt have a return of anything on the NQ
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-15 10:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot that. Adjusting numbers, new shield would be used without enchantment on stikini and you'd see 24/1024 = 2.34%. Expected 43 synths, cost around 193.5m and return of 143.5m in NQs.

Some items are blatantly mispriced, like Jinxed Jacket. There's no way you can make that for 100M. Others are not, and until you actually do out the math it's hard to be sure which is which.
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-15 10:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't the profit margin depend on what the cap for material loss rate reduction is, especially when using the shield's enchantment? If you can get to say, a 80% material retainment rate and you're using the enchantment, that basically almost quintuples the profit margin for synths you can't get good results off the NQ with.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-15 10:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess that's also possible. I didn't think about it being that potent. That would apply to both ends of hexed too, making 100M jackets feasible.

Do we know that you can reach 80% yet? I believe SE did state that was the cap, but I don't know the base rate and I can't think of much other gear that would effect it. All I can find is craftkeepers, orvail+1, and shield. I can't imagine that gets anywhere near 80%.

edit: Found the post. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/53127-September.-11-2017-%28JST%29-Version-Update?p=600427&viewfull=1#post600427

Wording is ***and could go either way. Still can't think of how you'd be able to get anywhere near 80, though. Ionis adds something, support may? I would be inclined to think they mean you can't reduce it by more than 20%.
 Odin.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-10-15 11:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably can't get that high, no, but there'a also the Moglification, which is unknown potency.

With a completed shield and best equipment during enchantment, you'd have 5+1+1+1+3 = +11 HQ rate (likely either 11/1024 or 11/512, but maybe even 11/256), and 20+1+(Moglification)+(Ionis) material loss rate down.

If the HQ rate was 1/512 per (as Dasva's testing on BG seems to suggest), then that'd be a ~3.7% HQ rate, while if it was 1/256, it'd be a crazy 5.9% HQ rate. The shield's profitability really depends on the exact value of +1 HQ rate.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-15 11:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Geriond said: »
The shield's profitability really depends on the exact value of +1 HQ rate.

pretty much sums it up
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-10-15 11:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Where is this rule?

Because it's pathetic assumptions with no facts or screenshots from their screen proving they are doing wrong. But some people understand how common sense law works not assumptions.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-15 11:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Rule #1 on the 'forum rules' page:
Quote:
No player warning threads.

Is loosely applied, but generally saying a specific person is lying/hacking/cheating/stealing/whatever falls under that even if the thread wasn't made for it.
First Page 2