IPhone Users!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » iPhone Users!
iPhone Users!
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-09-30 09:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got one recently and wonder if anyone of you have used the NetShare app to turn your iPhone into a wireless modem and if you did how well it actually works.

If it works with Vista then I'm going to bring my laptop into work and play some FFXI when I have nothing to do lol.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-09-30 09:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend set it up for me, I haven't tried it. He says that it's illegal to use, and if you use it don't use it that much because otherwise your phone company can look into it and stuff. Unless you have it legitly, then I'm not sure (Assuming not). I think it works okay, and can possibly run FFXI, I haven't used it at all since I've never had a problem acquiring internet at this time. Not sure about Vista.
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-09-30 10:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure about this thing your on about, but i have an app for my ipod which tells me all the boat times. It tells me how long until they arrive/leave etc and moonphase and day, pretty handy :)
 Carbuncle.Rxdriver
Server: Carbuncle
user: RXdriv3r
By Carbuncle.Rxdriver 2009-09-30 10:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Minusseven said:
Not sure about this thing your on about, but i have an app for my ipod which tells me all the boat times. It tells me how long until they arrive/leave etc and moonphase and day, pretty handy :)

Whats the app called? o.o
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2009-09-30 10:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

VanaMini,the little picture for it is a blue and white mandy, it has all the seperate boat times for each one, where its heading too/from and how long to get there or how long till it leaves the dock, very good :) quite pricey for an app though cost £1-2 also has the time for ingame as well
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-09-30 11:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian said:
My friend set it up for me, I haven't tried it. He says that it's illegal to use, and if you use it don't use it that much because otherwise your phone company can look into it and stuff. Unless you have it legitly, then I'm not sure (Assuming not). I think it works okay, and can possibly run FFXI, I haven't used it at all since I've never had a problem acquiring internet at this time. Not sure about Vista.

Hmm didn't know it was frowned upon. Might just forget about it then.

As far as that timer app goes, I refuse to pay for something I can look up online just as quick if not faster. If I'm playing FFXI and need to know the time something leaves or whatever there is about a 99.99% chance that I have access to a web browser.
 Asura.Slamm
Server: Asura
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-09-30 11:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninian said:

pretty much everything is illegal now lol
 Bismarck.Jsonman
Server: Bismarck
user: Jsonman
By Bismarck.Jsonman 2009-09-30 12:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I use two diffrent methods to enable tethering. Easiest is to go to help.benm.at on your Iphone browser and and download the config file. This does not require a jail broken phone and works great. No complaints from AT&T either on my end from using it either. If you have a jailbroken phone there is an app in Cydia called Iphone Modem http://www.iphonemodem.com. I haven't been able to make it work in windows 7 but my friend had it working on xp.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-09-30 12:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Jsonman said:

Just fixing the link or easier clickage.