Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One
Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 98 99 100
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-10-19 17:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't make progress without making waves.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-10-19 17:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I'm curious what "the problem" was.
The problem was a spoiled black guy who couldn't play good enough football deciding to give himself some other edgy career angle by shitting all over the anthem/flag under the guise of protesting white on black violence which is almost 500 times as unlikely as black on white violence.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-10-19 17:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Not agreeing with your summary but how is that a problem? For you? For the president?
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-10-19 17:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

We need common ground is what I was thinking the 'problem' is.

jftr.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-19 17:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Are you still talking about fat people? Sure, you can lose weight swimming, but somebody may mistake you as a beached whale....
By Nausi 2017-10-19 18:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Not agreeing with your summary but how is that a problem? For you? For the president?
Because as a consumer of football, we dont want to watch it with injected with left wing political activism
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-10-19 18:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

Sometimes the people that make waves are akin to morons flailing around in the ocean. Somehow people mistake that for progress. /shrug.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-10-19 18:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Because as a consumer of football, we dont want to watch it with injected with left wing political activism
I don't think it's unreasonable to want that but I do think it's unrealistic to expect an environment completely devoid of other's opinions. You like to make fun of safe spaces but ironically that's exactly what you're asking for. It's hard to understand the level of outrage and animosity directed towards the protesters given how low-key the actual method of protesting is (at least pre-Trump pot stirring). Ffs, it's kneeling.
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Sometimes the people that make waves are akin to morons flailing around in the ocean
Why are they morons here?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-10-19 18:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are they morons here?

It was a general statement, but if we're going with the football theme, what we have are people who are fad reactionaries who can't seem to agree on what they're protesting in the first place. Due to the fact that there's ambiguity in their message, it just comes off like they're disrespecting the flag. They're succeeding in drawing momentary attention to themselves and subsequently killing their own sport's ratings as a result, while simultaneously accomplishing nothing of value.

Kneeling for the anthem is edgy, it's cool, it shows that we care about... something. Let's face it, we might as well be dabbing. The kids who mimic us don't know any better anyway. At least it wouldn't tell people that we have a problem with the country that pays us a ton of money to run and/or hit people for a few hours 11 minutes a week.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-19 19:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem was a spoiled black guy

What makes him spoiled in your eyes?
By fonewear 2017-10-19 19:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I don't think it's unreasonable to want that but I do think it's unrealistic to expect an environment completely devoid of other's opinions. You like to make fun of safe spaces but ironically that's exactly what you're asking for. It's hard to understand the level of outrage and animosity directed towards the protesters given how low-key the actual method of protesting is (at least pre-Trump pot stirring). Ffs, it's kneeling.
Jesus. This post oozes so much effort that once isn't enough, I have to log in my mules purely to rate this ***.

I'm pretty sure you account for the 200 users on this website.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-10-19 19:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

We all are donny.
[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2017-10-19 19:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So is it time to stop playing the anthem period, along with stop paying the military to be present? I mean, you said you don't want politics in your sports.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-19 19:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think on 3rd down Jay Cutler should discuss black lives matter. That would be entertaining.
 Phoenix.Xantavia
Server: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2017-10-19 19:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh man, where will Trump get his non-facts I don't like now

Quote:

On Sunday, Oct. 8, Fox News Channel aired a story about John Garofalo, a glass artist who created a presidential glass seal in the hopes of gifting it to President Trump.

Garofalo claimed he was a Vietnam veteran, a member of the first U.S. Navy SEAL team, and a decorated war hero who was awarded two Purple Hearts.

Unfortunately, all of Garofalo's claims turned out to be untrue. The fact is that he did not serve in Vietnam. He was never a U.S. Navy SEAL. Even though he showed us medals, Garofalo was not awarded two Purple Hearts or any of the other nearly two dozen commendations he claimed to have received, except for the National Defense Service Medal.

It is true that Garafalo is a glass artist and a veteran. He served in Spain and he gifted two presidential seals to Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush.

Over the last two weeks, we've worked with Garofalo's family and the National Personnel Records Center to get to the bottom of a military past that Garofalo had claimed to be covert.

We apologize to our viewers, especially veterans and servicemen and women.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-19 19:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean Janeane Garofalo the feminist comic ?
By fonewear 2017-10-19 19:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »

Quote:

On Sunday, Oct. 8, Fox News Channel aired a story about John Garofalo, a glass artist who created a presidential glass seal in the hopes of gifting it to President Trump.

Garofalo claimed he was a Vietnam veteran, a member of the first U.S. Navy SEAL team, and a decorated war hero who was awarded two Purple Hearts.

Unfortunately, all of Garofalo's claims turned out to be untrue. The fact is that he did not serve in Vietnam. He was never a U.S. Navy SEAL. Even though he showed us medals, Garofalo was not awarded two Purple Hearts or any of the other nearly two dozen commendations he claimed to have received, except for the National Defense Service Medal.

It is true that Garafalo is a glass artist and a veteran. He served in Spain and he gifted two presidential seals to Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush.

Over the last two weeks, we've worked with Garofalo's family and the National Personnel Records Center to get to the bottom of a military past that Garofalo had claimed to be covert.

I was going to read this then I realized I don't care.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-19 19:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xantavia said: »

Quote:

Stolen Valor is disgusting.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-10-19 19:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hard to understand the level of outrage and animosity directed towards the protesters given how low-key the actual method of protesting is (at least pre-Trump pot stirring). Ffs, it's kneeling.

And the reason they kneel:

Kaep's teammate Eric Reid said:
"After hours of careful consideration, and even a visit from Nate Boyer, a retired Green Beret and former NFL player, we came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit, ... during the anthem as a peaceful protest," said Reid. "We chose to kneel because it’s a respectful gesture. I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy."

So it's funny, they intentionally made that decision to keep it respectful to service members.
By Zerowone 2017-10-19 19:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »
It's hard to understand the level of outrage and animosity directed towards the protesters given how low-key the actual method of protesting is (at least pre-Trump pot stirring). Ffs, it's kneeling.

And the reason they kneel:

Kaep's teammate Eric Reid said:
"After hours of careful consideration, and even a visit from Nate Boyer, a retired Green Beret and former NFL player, we came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit, ... during the anthem as a peaceful protest," said Reid. "We chose to kneel because it’s a respectful gesture. I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy."

So it's funny, they intentionally made that decision to keep it respectful to service members.

But the Right Wing media machine told me they’re protesting the flag and our troops! I’ll be god damned if the liberal hive mind is disrespecting our boys.

By boys I mean their actual children. Emotional manipulation and propaganda is very real (for both sides)
By fonewear 2017-10-19 19:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are we on this ***still ? Let the sons of *** kneel.
By fonewear 2017-10-19 19:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care why they are kneeling if they are kneeling. The story died like 3 weeks ago.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-10-19 19:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Why are we on this ***still ? Let the sons of *** kneel.

judge fone has spoken. now back to baseball.

dodgers already up 2-0. ruh roh shaggy
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-19 19:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodgers on fire tonight bases loaded no outs.
By fonewear 2017-10-19 19:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Somewhere Vic is weeping in a bottle of Coors Light.
By fonewear 2017-10-19 20:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Grand slam !
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-10-19 20:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP Vic. RIP whoever faces Kershaw in the WS.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-10-19 20:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
It was a general statement, but if we're going with the football theme, what we have are people who are fad reactionaries who can't seem to agree on what they're protesting in the first place. Due to the fact that there's ambiguity in their message, it just comes off like they're disrespecting the flag. They're succeeding in drawing momentary attention to themselves and subsequently killing their own sport's ratings as a result, while simultaneously accomplishing nothing of value.
What? There's only ambiguity in the message if you insist on being disingenuous and equating the protest to slighting America or the troops or whatever the *** narrative Trump popularized. The protest is about police brutality. Even Nausi managed to ballpark this in his own backwards-*** way.
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 98 99 100