September 2017 Version Update

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2017-08-03
402 users online
Forum » FFXI » General » September 2017 Version Update
September 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
Online
Posts: 19
By Marootsoobootsu 2017-09-12 16:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Here is the dialogue from Mewk after you receive the crystal from your guild master. It seems the skillchain items added in this update are for the fourth stage shields.
Posted with params filled in last page for bone. You missed a secondary CS that one leads into, as well. Someone else posted the mentioned items for wood. Looks like each craft will give away 2 ingredients. All seems to be annoying stuff that requires hand farming.

lightning: bomb coal, quadav fetich torso
wind: elshimo marble, demon pen

Have you been able to do those synths to get the Craftchain Spheres?

Edit: Using a Lightning Crystal and a Quadav Fetich Head, I was able to get a Gravitation Sphere on an HQ result. I got a Scission Sphere on an NQ.

And so far, the break rate is *HORRIBLE*.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Online
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
Posts: 4140
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-12 16:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Haven't tried. Rushed through craftsmanship because I was curious what was next, way behind on GP so going to wait and see what others discover before actually trying it.
 Shiva.Hiep
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
Posts: 493
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-09-12 17:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Marootsoobootsu said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Here is the dialogue from Mewk after you receive the crystal from your guild master. It seems the skillchain items added in this update are for the fourth stage shields.
Posted with params filled in last page for bone. You missed a secondary CS that one leads into, as well. Someone else posted the mentioned items for wood. Looks like each craft will give away 2 ingredients. All seems to be annoying stuff that requires hand farming.

lightning: bomb coal, quadav fetich torso
wind: elshimo marble, demon pen

Have you been able to do those synths to get the Craftchain Spheres?

Edit: Using a Lightning Crystal and a Quadav Fetich Head, I was able to get a Gravitation Sphere on an HQ result. I got a Scission Sphere on an NQ.

And so far, the break rate is *HORRIBLE*.

Break rate being horrible because of lightning crystal?
Offline
By clearlyamule 2017-09-12 17:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Hiep said: »
Marootsoobootsu said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Here is the dialogue from Mewk after you receive the crystal from your guild master. It seems the skillchain items added in this update are for the fourth stage shields.
Posted with params filled in last page for bone. You missed a secondary CS that one leads into, as well. Someone else posted the mentioned items for wood. Looks like each craft will give away 2 ingredients. All seems to be annoying stuff that requires hand farming.

lightning: bomb coal, quadav fetich torso
wind: elshimo marble, demon pen

Have you been able to do those synths to get the Craftchain Spheres?

Edit: Using a Lightning Crystal and a Quadav Fetich Head, I was able to get a Gravitation Sphere on an HQ result. I got a Scission Sphere on an NQ.

And so far, the break rate is *HORRIBLE*.

Break rate being horrible because of lightning crystal?
Why would lightning crystal cause horrible break rates? Assuming it's desynth or something?
Online
Posts: 19
By Marootsoobootsu 2017-09-12 17:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Yeah, everything so far is Wind or Lightning, so it seems desynthing.

I've had almost all of the elements come from it, so it doesn't seem to be tied to fire makes liquification/fusion/light, or anything like that, so I'm assuming it's Desynth, too.
 Shiva.Hiep
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
Posts: 493
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-09-12 18:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
What are you suppose to do with the Craftchain Spheres?
Online
Posts: 19
By Marootsoobootsu 2017-09-12 19:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Hiep said: »
What are you suppose to do with the Craftchain Spheres?

They're used with the shield imrpovement system. Not sure exactly yest, but it seems to be something based on skill chains; I'll know more tonight after work if someone else doesn't beat me to it.
Offline
By clearlyamule 2017-09-12 19:39:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Could be but crystal types themselves don't determine if it's desynth or not. That said generally speaking anything to do with breaking down beastmen race drops is. Might be worth it to get the moghancement as that used to make a rather large difference back in the day doing that
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Online
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
Posts: 4140
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-09-12 20:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Pretty easy to tell, desynths say 'obtained' while synths say 'synthesized' if you disable battlemod and synth vanilla.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
Posts: 861
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-12 21:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Frayed arrow(lightning) and Demon Pen(wind) for CC
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: bluecop81
Posts: 609
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-09-12 21:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Stamos said: »
Frayed arrow(lightning) and Demon Pen(wind) for CC
So easy enough to get items but annoying cant stack?
 Leviathan.Stamos
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
Posts: 861
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-12 22:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply
 
You have to desynth them
Online
Posts: 19
By Marootsoobootsu 2017-09-12 22:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Also:

It seems that Lightning Desynths (or at least the Fetiches), give: Liquification, Reverbration, Detonation, Scission, Fusion, Distortion, and Light results; I'm guessing that Wind gives the other 7.

Edit And as soon as I type that, I literally get a Darkness Sphere from a lightning, followed by a gravitation. SO, maybe any of them can give anything?
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Rajang
Posts: 53
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-09-12 22:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Each fetich gives a different result. You can't get all of them from one item. For instance, the arms will yield liquefaction with a NQ or HQ1, fusion with a HQ2, and light with a HQ3.

Edit:
It seems like you can get
Head: scission/gravitation/darkness
Torso: reverberation/distortion/darkness
Arms: liquefaction/fusion/light
Legs: detonation/fragmentation/light

I may have to double check, but either way, you can get all but four of the Lv1 SC properties in Palborough if you bring a whole bunch of lightning crystals with you. It's getting kind of crowded here on Carbuncle now, but I don't know any better camps to farm these.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 126
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2017-09-12 23:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
The amount of craftsmanship gained per synth has decreased in each successive stage. Stage1/2 were under 2 hours, stage3 took around 5, and stage4 takes around 10.
That matches up with what I've noticed. Time spent grinding synths seems to double each stage now.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
Posts: 861
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-13 00:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
The machine thing is fairly straight forward. It follows the SC chart. Use a wind + detonation to start > earth + scission it will make scission onto the machine. From there you could do water + reverberation or fire + liquefaction. After that if you went the liquefaction route, I am unsure if you would use a fusion + fire/light, or impaction + thunder or light/fire? since it would make fusion with an impaction property.

You need a catalyst for every sc you do as well. They are in order which you need. So, you can prepare each time you want to do a set.

Not really sure how much spirit you need though. I did like 10~? And it looked like the meter was still at one
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Rajang
Posts: 53
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-09-13 00:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Maybe I was doing something wrong, but it doesn't work exactly like the weapons. I tried to repeat scission and detonation, but it would just stop chaining. I did a lot more than just 10~, but the gauge didn't budge at all.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Offline
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Stamos
Posts: 861
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-09-13 00:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I saw an HQ animation on reverberation and it gave 3 instead of 2.
Offline
By clearlyamule 2017-09-13 00:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Carbuncle.Rajang said: »
Maybe I was doing something wrong, but it doesn't work exactly like the weapons. I tried to repeat scission and detonation, but it would just stop chaining. I did a lot more than just 10~, but the gauge didn't budge at all.
Well weapons can't actually infinite skillchain due to timer decreases so maybe that's factored in too?
 Carbuncle.Rajang
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Rajang
Posts: 53
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2017-09-13 00:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Hmmm, yeah. I just started relying on shorter chains, but maybe there is some sort of timer involved for the crafting chains too.
Online
Posts: 19
By Marootsoobootsu 2017-09-13 02:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Frayed Arrows make Impaction-related spheres.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
Posts: 652
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-13 12:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Not sure if anybody else has noticed this, but there seems to be some buggy behavior with the 30k WS objectives in Omen now. Your WS doesn't seem to count sometimes. I did a 45k Reso and it was counted, but I have also done a 30k+ Savage Blade (no the mob did not die) and it was not counted. Skillchains don't seem to be counted for this anymore either (although it could have been the first bug happening again by chance many times.)
 Asura.Sechs
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 3901
By Asura.Sechs 2017-09-13 13:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I've always noticed this bug, but I'll admit it seems to happen more often since the patch.
I'm talking about both: >30k not killing (WS alone) not counting and >30k not killing (WS+SC) not counting

Not a 100% thing either though, because some other times it works as it should.
Oddly enough though this only happens for WS for me, never saw it happen for the 15k non MB or the 30k MB nuke ones.

Another thing that's broken is the "kill XX mobs", I always have to kill MORE than it asks me to. Think sometimes it doesn't give you credit for some mobs. Maybe if you kill too fast or something? I dunno really.



Question: has Lunge MB never worked for the 30k MB objective or is it a recent change?
 Odin.Geriond
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 379
By Odin.Geriond 2017-09-13 13:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Are there any guides out for the strange apparatuses that include their new behavior?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Tussell
Posts: 71
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2017-09-13 14:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
People have mentioned the 30k+ WS objective not working on the Trans Mandragora. Are you experiencing this with the Mandragora, or a different mob?
 Shiva.Hiep
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Hiepo
Posts: 493
By Shiva.Hiep 2017-09-13 15:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta said: »
People have mentioned the 30k+ WS objective not working on the Trans Mandragora. Are you experiencing this with the Mandragora, or a different mob?
If the Trans Mandragora guards a WS, it won't count for the objective.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
Posts: 652
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-09-13 15:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
It might have been that. I can check my logs later today.
Online
Posts: 277
By BlaTheTaru 2017-09-13 15:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply
 
We did two omen runs last night and my wife landed the 30k each time we got it even on the Mandy. I'm sure Hiepy is right though. I bet it's the Mandy giving people issues.
Offline
By clearlyamule 2017-09-13 15:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Sechs said: »
I've always noticed this bug, but I'll admit it seems to happen more often since the patch.
I'm talking about both: >30k not killing (WS alone) not counting and >30k not killing (WS+SC) not counting

Not a 100% thing either though, because some other times it works as it should.
Oddly enough though this only happens for WS for me, never saw it happen for the 15k non MB or the 30k MB nuke ones.

Another thing that's broken is the "kill XX mobs", I always have to kill MORE than it asks me to. Think sometimes it doesn't give you credit for some mobs. Maybe if you kill too fast or something? I dunno really.



Question: has Lunge MB never worked for the 30k MB objective or is it a recent change?
I haven't paid attention each time but I doubt it is always for kill xxx given you can and I have since the update gotten amounts that corresponded to every single available mob. And the other night actually had kill iirc 55 which meant all but 1 sweetwater and sure enough finished with 1 left

My set isn't good enough to hit the 30k with my trusts but pretty sure I've seen it still record me for that objective as the highest. Side note Lunge and swipe both count as crits for objectives

Edit: Not working on MB now it seems
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
Log in to post.